• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pokemon Delta Emerald Mafia - BMGf Crossover - Endgame - 5/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Way ahead of you. :P

Day 1 is usually less serious in the early hours from what I've seen so far. I'm starting to get a very slight lean on Bok though. Mostly just intuition.
You've been questioned about this a few times already, but I don't recall ever seeing a response from you, despite that you've been on and posting otherwise. Was this a town or a scum lean, and what gives you the idea?

Serious talk though, the fact that it's been like, 15 of 48 hours and nothing really serious has happened is starting to bug me. Random lynches also don't help, since without any reasoning from any voting party you can't determine motive.
Vote: Mellow Ezlo
You've said a lot, but haven't really contributed anything, what's up?
I will admit that voting on the current joke-wagon looks bad, but I voted them specifically because they didn't look to be trying to progress the game too much, despite having posted so many times.

In specific reference to this, how would we get more interactions without some kind of serious vote happening? If we don't leave the joke phase, then the interactions can't properly be taken seriously because almost anything could be given plausible deniability with "It was just a joke lol."
At least the people responding to what I'm doing are working towards getting the game moving, and they all look better to me for that.
I'm not going to say anything about the vote itself, because several people already have, but I am going to ask why you picked me over any of the other players? At that point in the game, there were players with higher post counts than myself who also hadn't contributed anything. But it seemed like you singled me out for some reason. Why? Was it because I already had votes and it was an easy wagon? Or was it because I had votes and therefore would've been easy to pressure me? Either way, it looks bad. There were more than enough votes on me already at that point, and while none were serious, you'd be better off applying pressure to someone else with less votes. I wouldn't have even reacted to it initially due to the rest of my votes being jokevotes, I would've probably dismissed yours as a joke vote as well, so you wouldn't have gotten what you wanted out of your vote.

he's war room staff on bulba

anyways....

Unvote: Mellow Ezlo

Vote: Lone Garurumon

why not?
Was this supposed to be a random vote, or was there some kind of ulterior motive behind it? Because the game had gotten serious by this point, so joke votes weren't necessary.

He's said a lot, but hasn't really contributed anything? -o- Okay first of all name two people who are posting a lot and contributing. He hasn't posting a lot and isn't seriousing yet.
It's funny because of the 12 posts I had made by that point, at least 2 of them were during sign ups, so there were people with more posts than myself who also hadn't contributed. I, at the very least, had answered a serious question earlier on, so at least it's something.

I just skimmed through the thread and I'll post more later. But as of right now I'm not ok with this Mez lynch. There's still over half the day to go and now that discussion has gotten serious I think we can find a better candidate than just push a lynch though that started out a series of joke votes.
Eh, I agree with the people that said this sounding like soft defending. There was plenty of time left in the day (still is, in fact), so I was in no danger. And nobody had really suggested at that point that I was actually going to get lynched. In fact, only one person on my wagon apparently placed their vote on me seriously, the rest were jokes.

Yeah, I know, but that means trusting them and trust is scary in a mafia game. But hey, at least they caught the SK right? -o-
What do you mean by this?

Also, um, the finding me scummy helps my read on you but could you say it without biting my head off please? :sweat:
*bites your head off*

omnomnom

It's way too early to be talking about distancing imo (talking about kuro)
I disagree. Day 1 can arguably be one of the most important days in the game if it's as serious as this one, so anything that happens during day 1 is good info. When is it ever actually too early to be talking about distancing?

I also find myself agreeing with funnier over Garumon's joke vote. It seems like he went to great lengths to explain why he did so. Joke votes aren't something to be taken seriously, and he seems to be stretching to justify himself, especially since the game had mainly been RVS up to when he voted Mezlo so expecting concrete posts from him is strange.
I found Garurumon's vote to be weird and unnecessary, and I thought he was really reaching and fishing for evidence when he made it, but I don't necessarily see it as a scum move. Simultaneously, though, I don't see it as a pro-town move.

Also I'm breaking my Rulecon so bye. see you day 2
But... you're aware Day 2 will have almost twice as much stuff to read, right?

Also I forgot @Domozilla777 is also town to me.
Why? He's done literally nothing all game. There's no possible way to have a solid read on him one way or another. Are you guys scumbuds?

Aww... Looks like Mez is off the hook so far
It's not a problem. I just kinda thought it would be funny, because we've been joking about it happening.
Appreciate it, but do you have anything else to contribute?

not to mention that Storm then leaves with this vague post. what does this even mean? and it suggests he's no longer looking for a replacement.
Basically I'm content with my vote. I do see why Lone_Garurumon is being suspected though and I'm waiting to see what they have to say for themself next.
I would agree with you on Storm if it hadn't been for recent events (I quoted this post while I was reading so Storm's recent posts came in after and I'm just too lazy to erase this quote)

Did you miss that I said storm being suspicious is always a thing?

Who do you think is suspicious that isn't storm? Feel free to throw in some town reads. :)
To be fair, Storm is usually suspicious because of the things he says, but not necessarily the things he does. I agreed with the suspicion on him based on his immediately asking for a replacement, because it meant he was unwilling to make an effort to catch up in this game, which is definitely not pro-town. If you are a townie, why do you have any reason to be scared of a little pressure and having to contribute?

@funnier6 im gonna eat supper and then I have to write the night scene for my game but I'll give you a better response then.

In the meantime, foolproof scumtest guys, what's your favorite eeveeloution? Mine is Espeon.

196-Espeon.png
Umbreon all the way!

Vote: Storm
ugh, seriously? You're going to pull this **** again?

MODS: I'm officially requesting Storm be either replaced or modkilled. He has pulled this behaviour in games before, and has actively ruined them. I do not want to deal with it this time around, and I don't want to waste a lynch on him.

Anyway, after having read, I have a few thoughts on people.

First off, as I said earlier, funnier is town. He's playing exactly the way he did last game, which is certainly different from his previous scum games.

Aside from him, I agree with the people who believe Feenie to be town. Her thoughts seem genuine, and I like how she's been acting rather independently thus far.

Garurumon is weird. I dislike his vote on me, but I don't necessarily believe him to be scum. I just think that was one move that wasn't really a town move, but I don't think it was necessarily a mafia move. I need to see more to know better.

Alit is my one scum lean right now. I don't question his vote on Garurumon or the reasons, but I don't like how quickly he made it without talking about anyone else or posting any other reads. Also, somebody else previously mentioned how he waited a bit between posting his suspicion on Garuru and actually placing his vote, but didn't post anything else in between. I'm also curious about YIGAhim, as he's clearly been present (seeing as how he responded to funnier as soon as funnier said he missed my earlier post), but hasn't contributed much/at all, and I'd like to see more from him. I'd consider him a scum lean if he had actually given me something to base that off of.

Everybody else in the game is mostly null, although I've been liking Kuro so far. Lots of people still haven't posted, so hard to read them. I'd like to see more from Minish, because she's usually a good town player, but she hasn't said too much yet.

D

Deleted member 14134

Music reminds me of his play from the avatar game, does he seem different to you?
Idk, he was only alive for one day (yes i know it's still day one here also) but I got a stronger town read off of him that game. I might look back to make sure but I feel like he contributed more that game.
I don't think I should be compared to last game tbh, this is a completely different beast to anything I've ever played. I'm trying super hard though.
Either way you're promoting discussion while contributing your own ideas which seems town to me. Either way you get a town read from me for now (and liking vaporeon helps your town case as well).
Doesn't the garu wagon seem off to you at all? I mean, he's being lynched for an inconsistency in his second post of the game and everyone is completely okay with that. It just seems so opportunistic to lynch him for something like that.
I want to hear more from him first and see how people react. Anyways lets look at the people on it for now. Rainami and alits votes look alright and I agree with their reasoning. Feenies and musicfans feel the most shakey to me. Neither really added much of their own thoughts before voting, Feenie just kind of agreed with music and music just said something seemed off but didn't really elaborate. I didn't re-read everything they said after when I posted this so maybe they added to it since then. Not saying they are alignment indicative but those are the two that stick out at me

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
@YIGAhim Was the first to jump on the Mezlo wagon and hasn't really made a serious post since.
Also a good point that I didn't realize before. This makes YIGA rise up my scum list slightly.

@Bok of the Wild Gets an easy Town read from me. Should be obvious why (hint: not because he read me as Town).
Good to know. Thank you for this. I know what you're alluding to, but for fairness, I'm not going to mention it. Others can figure it out for themselves.

@Mellow Ezlo Jokewagon victim or not, Slothboy is one to keep an eye on. Don't let his frivolous playstyle fool you; beneath that sheepish slothy grin is a dark, menacing force just waiting to spring out. I am extremely wary of him right now.
Aww, that's so nice of you to say! :')

D

Deleted member 14134

To add to my last post above, feenie has changed his vote to yiga but also hasn't provded any reasoning. I'm curious to know why but so far that's two votes with not much of his own reasoning behind them.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Right now, I'm considering placing my vote on YIGAhim, but I want him to at least say something first.

Also, I know I said Feenie looks good to me, but if Alit ever dies and flips scum, then I think there's a good chance Feenie will be too.

funnier6

Courage~
Might as well put up a scumread/general observations of sorts:

@funnier6 While I like the quality that he's been putting into his posts, I find that he's being really pushy this time around. His contributions have almost been spot-on, but trying to decide how my posts are meant to be read (or simply misconstruing them) and telling Bok to cool his jets set up a couple of red flags. In previous games, he still made some solid reads and yet was more passive about it. I dunno, he's walking a fine line.

@Lilac Voted for me. Definitely scum.

@musicfan Makes short posts that are hard to get a read on. Neutral.

@YIGAhim Was the first to jump on the Mezlo wagon and hasn't really made a serious post since.

@Bok of the Wild Gets an easy Town read from me. Should be obvious why (hint: not because he read me as Town).

@Mellow Ezlo Jokewagon victim or not, Slothboy is one to keep an eye on. Don't let his frivolous playstyle fool you; beneath that sheepish slothy grin is a dark, menacing force just waiting to spring out. I am extremely wary of him right now.

@Storm Just being his old self. :shrug:

@Kuro A very aggressive player. I'm in agreement with Bok that it feels like it's his playstyle to change what was said in order to place suspicion where there was none. But he does consider me to be "The One" so that's cool.

@Feenie Seems legit.

@Lone_Garurumon Don't really know. You guys tell me, if he off his game right now?

---

Um, Raichu.

I dislike all your reads except bok, storm, and feenie.

What on earth do you mean misconstruing your posts? I can think of only one time I could have possibly done something that could seem like "deciding how your post are meant to be read" and I'm pretty sure I said I was wrong.

As for the bok thing, did you even read the rest of that? -deep breath- Idk why you're being a jerk to me but I think you're town blast it.

Rainami

locked away
my reasoning was explained a few posts earlier on that page, ezlo. I don't necessarily think garu's mafia but I'm most suspicious of him currently. He also hasn't come online to defend himself since morning (aka when I went to bed because I've lost control of my life) which doesn't really mean a lot but doesn't help either. You'd think he'd have come on by now.

I've more or less caught up reading the thread, through a second read wouldn't hurt in case I missed somefin. I don't have much to say right now, I want garu and yigahim to say more, I think that'll get us a lot more information on this matter.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Idk, he was only alive for one day (yes i know it's still day one here also) but I got a stronger town read off of him that game. I might look back to make sure but I feel like he contributed more that game.

Either way you're promoting discussion while contributing your own ideas which seems town to me. Either way you get a town read from me for now (and liking vaporeon helps your town case as well).

I want to hear more from him first and see how people react. Anyways lets look at the people on it for now. Rainami and alits votes look alright and I agree with their reasoning. Feenies and musicfans feel the most shakey to me. Neither really added much of their own thoughts before voting, Feenie just kind of agreed with music and music just said something seemed off but didn't really elaborate. I didn't re-read everything they said after when I posted this so maybe they added to it since then. Not saying they are alignment indicative but those are the two that stick out at me
Does Alit's vote not look opportunistic to you? Frankly, I find it rather strange that he jumped in to place a vote once someone did something questionable and didn't say anything else about any other players or his thoughts on the game, and also hasn't really said anything since.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
my reasoning was explained a few posts earlier on that page, ezlo. I don't necessarily think garu's mafia but I'm most suspicious of him currently. He also hasn't come online to defend himself since morning (aka when I went to bed because I've lost control of my life) which doesn't really mean a lot but doesn't help either. You'd think he'd have come on by now.

I've more or less caught up reading the thread, though a second read wouldn't hurt in case I missed somefin. I don't have much to say right now, I want garu and yigahim to say more, I think that'll get us a lot more information on this matter.
Ah, ok, I must have missed it. My apologies, I'm not used to games with this many players and this many posts so it's easy to miss stuff.

Do you know Garu well? Is he normally somebody to try to spark activity the way he did?

funnier6

Courage~
You've been questioned about this a few times already, but I don't recall ever seeing a response from you, despite that you've been on and posting otherwise. Was this a town or a scum lean, and what gives you the idea?

I'm not going to say anything about the vote itself, because several people already have, but I am going to ask why you picked me over any of the other players? At that point in the game, there were players with higher post counts than myself who also hadn't contributed anything. But it seemed like you singled me out for some reason. Why? Was it because I already had votes and it was an easy wagon? Or was it because I had votes and therefore would've been easy to pressure me? Either way, it looks bad. There were more than enough votes on me already at that point, and while none were serious, you'd be better off applying pressure to someone else with less votes. I wouldn't have even reacted to it initially due to the rest of my votes being jokevotes, I would've probably dismissed yours as a joke vote as well, so you wouldn't have gotten what you wanted out of your vote.

Was this supposed to be a random vote, or was there some kind of ulterior motive behind it? Because the game had gotten serious by this point, so joke votes weren't necessary.

It's funny because of the 12 posts I had made by that point, at least 2 of them were during sign ups, so there were people with more posts than myself who also hadn't contributed. I, at the very least, had answered a serious question earlier on, so at least it's something.

Eh, I agree with the people that said this sounding like soft defending. There was plenty of time left in the day (still is, in fact), so I was in no danger. And nobody had really suggested at that point that I was actually going to get lynched. In fact, only one person on my wagon apparently placed their vote on me seriously, the rest were jokes.

What do you mean by this?

*bites your head off*

omnomnom

I disagree. Day 1 can arguably be one of the most important days in the game if it's as serious as this one, so anything that happens during day 1 is good info. When is it ever actually too early to be talking about distancing?

I found Garurumon's vote to be weird and unnecessary, and I thought he was really reaching and fishing for evidence when he made it, but I don't necessarily see it as a scum move. Simultaneously, though, I don't see it as a pro-town move.

But... you're aware Day 2 will have almost twice as much stuff to read, right?

Why? He's done literally nothing all game. There's no possible way to have a solid read on him one way or another. Are you guys scumbuds?

Appreciate it, but do you have anything else to contribute?

I would agree with you on Storm if it hadn't been for recent events (I quoted this post while I was reading so Storm's recent posts came in after and I'm just too lazy to erase this quote)

To be fair, Storm is usually suspicious because of the things he says, but not necessarily the things he does. I agreed with the suspicion on him based on his immediately asking for a replacement, because it meant he was unwilling to make an effort to catch up in this game, which is definitely not pro-town. If you are a townie, why do you have any reason to be scared of a little pressure and having to contribute?

Umbreon all the way!

ugh, seriously? You're going to pull this **** again?

MODS: I'm officially requesting Storm be either replaced or modkilled. He has pulled this behaviour in games before, and has actively ruined them. I do not want to deal with it this time around, and I don't want to waste a lynch on him.

Anyway, after having read, I have a few thoughts on people.

First off, as I said earlier, funnier is town. He's playing exactly the way he did last game, which is certainly different from his previous scum games.

Aside from him, I agree with the people who believe Feenie to be town. Her thoughts seem genuine, and I like how she's been acting rather independently thus far.

Garurumon is weird. I dislike his vote on me, but I don't necessarily believe him to be scum. I just think that was one move that wasn't really a town move, but I don't think it was necessarily a mafia move. I need to see more to know better.

Alit is my one scum lean right now. I don't question his vote on Garurumon or the reasons, but I don't like how quickly he made it without talking about anyone else or posting any other reads. Also, somebody else previously mentioned how he waited a bit between posting his suspicion on Garuru and actually placing his vote, but didn't post anything else in between. I'm also curious about YIGAhim, as he's clearly been present (seeing as how he responded to funnier as soon as funnier said he missed my earlier post), but hasn't contributed much/at all, and I'd like to see more from him. I'd consider him a scum lean if he had actually given me something to base that off of.

Everybody else in the game is mostly null, although I've been liking Kuro so far. Lots of people still haven't posted, so hard to read them. I'd like to see more from Minish, because she's usually a good town player, but she hasn't said too much yet.

Did you not look at what we were talking about? I was saying that in order for us to get anything out of bulbagarden lynchs we'd have to trust bulbagarden players. If you're referring to the SK I was talking about how I died in korra.

Speaking of that I strongly dislike this post. I'ma reread it later and see if I still hate it, my emotions are defecting rn.

D

Deleted member 14134

Does Alit's vote not look opportunistic to you? Frankly, I find it rather strange that he jumped in to place a vote once someone did something questionable and didn't say anything else about any other players or his thoughts on the game, and also hasn't really said anything since.
I like his reasoning, later on he also posted this as well.
I have finished reading. I just didn't find anything else worth commenting on after that point. I find his vote for Mezlo reaching as barely anyone had produced any content to move the game along at that point, and he went to painstaking lengths to differentiate his vote from prior joke votes on Mezlo.
His reasoning seems solid to me at least. As for him not posting his thoughts on anyone else he does say he didn't see anything that stuck out but idk how genuine that is or not.

Rainami

locked away
Ah, ok, I must have missed it. My apologies, I'm not used to games with this many players and this many posts so it's easy to miss stuff.

Do you know Garu well? Is he normally somebody to try to spark activity the way he did?
garu's a new member on bulbagarden, having joined at the end of 2015. I've only been in four or five games since then, and he was only in one or two of those, iirc...I don't have much experience with him. I might glance at those games again later, but right now, my guess on him isn't much better than yours.

It could easily go either way, but...I'm inclined to say something seems a tad off. Perhaps he's trying a new tactic, or perhaps he's scum and made the mistake of making a serious vote on that bandwagon. Again, feenie or somebody else would be a better source on him.

D

Deleted member 14134

You gave your reason in an earlier post as to why you vote Lone, but didn't immediatly vote him. You had to make a seperate vote post later. That looks to me like a panic of getting pushed on not voting him.
As town you wouldn't really forget to make your vote, it's basically your main power to win the game.

Vote: A Link In Time
I don't really agree with this reasoning. I've seen him do the same thing to me a few games ago. He was the serial killer that game (he could win if he survived to a town victory) so I don't think this is out of the ordinary for him.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Did you not look at what we were talking about? I was saying that in order for us to get anything out of bulbagarden lynchs we'd have to trust bulbagarden players. If you're referring to the SK I was talking about how I died in korra.

Speaking of that I strongly dislike this post. I'ma reread it later and see if I still hate it, my emotions are defecting rn.
Oh ok, makes sense. I got confused by the wording.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Stop tagging me. Stop quoting me. I dont need 400 notifications. Leave me tge **** alone right now. Im going to be modkilled anyway because im not allowed to talk on odd days, but even if i unwatch this thread, i get notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom