• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pokemon Delta Emerald Mafia - BMGf Crossover - Endgame - 5/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
Why vote yourself though? What does this achieve?

Nothing else I say seems to do anything but somehow raise suspicion. So I'll just put my own name down to attempt to show that I'm serious about my standing. That aside, you WERE town, No proof you still are, Cheff was inactive.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
People are going to be suspicious of you. That's the point of the game, since you can never really discount anyone unless they are proven town. Voting yourself doesn't really do anything, since scum has done that before too.

Also, Bok was the first to vote Feenie and you seemed to mainly just agree with what he said when you voted her. The reason Lone is finding you suspicious is because it's easy to bus your own teammates, especially to gain town cred. That, plus your votes on the wagons that have lynched scum have seemed more like you just following what other people are doing at the time. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing for a new player, since everyone has to learn, but it can come off as suspicious.

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
Nothing else I say seems to do anything but somehow raise suspicion. So I'll just put my own name down to attempt to show that I'm serious about my standing. That aside, you WERE town, No proof you still are, Cheff was inactive.
Of course, I'm not claiming to be a confirmed Town member. I know Cheff was inactive, and you've gotta judge me based on what I've done since subbing in, not what I did before.
Voting yourself doesn't really say anything though. It's just a weird thing to do that makes barely any sense no matter what alignment you are. The only people it makes remote sense from are Jesters, but you don't look Jester-y to me.

funnier6

Courage~
  1. @funnier6
  2. @EMIYA Shirou
  3. Storm
  4. @CheffOfGames
  5. @Pendio
  6. A Link In Time
  7. Mellow Ezlo
  8. @Jamie
  9. Domozilla777
  10. @Minish_Link
  11. @AussieEevee
  12. @musicfan
  13. Feenie
  14. @Midorikawa
  15. @Bok of the Wild
  16. @Floppolio
  17. @Space
  18. YIGAhim
  19. @Finn Bálor
  20. @Libk
  21. Lone_Garurumon
  22. @DarthWolf
  23. @Lilac
  24. @Rainami
  25. @Kuro
DAY 4 VOTE COUNT - FINAL

Pendio VII (Midorikawa, musicfan, Lilac, EMIYA Shirou, Rainami, Lone_Garurumon, Space)
Space III (funnier6, Kuro, Minish_Link)
EMIYA Shirou I (Pendio)

Pendio was lynched.

Dear [Pendio], You are Matt.

You've been a member of Team Aqua in the events of ORAS, serving faithfully your leader Archie. However after the awakening of Primal Kyogre and Brendan calming it down, Archie had stopped his plans for marine expansion. You didn't share this sentiment and tried to continue the plan yourself with the help of Mega Evolution and the meteoroid incident of the Delta Episode. In the end, however, it was Brendan who managed to make you come back to terms with Archie and the team, so you left your plan behind as well. However, a while later, still not satisfied with the direction Team Aqua was going, Anabel seized the chance to invite you in Team Soaring, and you accepted while still posing as an Aqua Admin.

Because of your strength and purpose of holding back Brendan in the game, you are the Roleblocker. Once per night you may select a player and attempt to prevent them from using their role.

You are allied with Mafia and win when all those who oppose you have been defeated while at least one of your members is alive, or nothing can prevent this from happening.
Pendio was lynched. He was Matt, Mafia Roleblocker.

It is now Night 5. It will end in 24 hours (-38 minutes).

Well looks like we'll have to hope to get lucky on this, ironically I would be voting garu bur he's literally exactly the same as before plus added intensity.

Logically, I ought to say lilac, but the feenie interactions hold me back. I don't think it could be space either, and unless the mafia has a member that can absorb powers I don't think it's midori. Probably is one of them though.

I think I believe midori the most.

Btw emiya I really thought Pendio was town, I know we had that join the bandwagon thing going on but I didn't realize the day was over ya see.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
Well what do you want me to say? I cant help it if what I think correlates to what someone has already said, do you want me to dust for fingerprints? The only people I see as suspicious right now are you two for pinning me. I have no leads on anyone after Pendio got lynched.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
You're expecting quite a bit out of someone who is literally in their first game, I hope you remember that. Yes, I know that doesnt defend me, I'm just making sure you know you arent talking to a veteran that can say what you want to hear.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Saying that we look suspicious for pointing out why you look suspicious just makes your case even worse. But I wasn't even going after you in the first place. I think it's been pretty clear that I think Space is scum. I was just pointing out that some of the things you do certainly can look pretty odd. You seem to be getting too defensive. It's fine to agree with what others are saying, but it's better to look for your own reasons for why you think someone seems like scum instead of waiting for others to make the case.

Also, yes I even said in my post that you're new so that makes things a little different and is one of the reasons I personally don't find your actions very scummy. But you seemed to have completely glossed over that point.

Logically, I ought to say lilac, but the feenie interactions hold me back. I don't think it could be space either, and unless the mafia has a member that can absorb powers I don't think it's midori. Probably is one of them though.

Why do you no longer believe Space could be mafia?

funnier6

Courage~
Saying that we look suspicious for pointing out why you look suspicious just makes your case even worse. But I wasn't even going after you in the first place. I think it's been pretty clear that I think Space is scum. I was just pointing out that some of the things you do certainly can look pretty odd. You seem to be getting too defensive. It's fine to agree with what others are saying, but it's better to look for your own reasons for why you think someone seems like scum instead of waiting for others to make the case.

Also, yes I even said in my post that you're new so that makes things a little different and is one of the reasons I personally don't find your actions very scummy. But you seemed to have completely glossed over that point.

Why do you no longer believe Space could be mafia?

Um... I'm not sure I should say why, I'll ask and see. Not worth lynching right now imo.

Actually I don't remember if space is a guy or a girl so I may have been saying the wrong thing all game, sorry!

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
So, here's a compilation of posts from Space I feel are noteworthy and my thoughts on them.

tbh I'm not used to Day 1s being so active so please excuse the fact that I haven't done much at all.

I don't think it matters. why was he so nervous in the first place at missing some things (ignoring the fact that at first it was joke voting) during the 1st phase and there's still plenty of time left?

as I said above, why does that change anything?

not to mention that Storm then leaves with this vague post. what does this even mean? and it suggests he's no longer looking for a replacement.
Basically I'm content with my vote. I do see why Lone_Garurumon is being suspected though and I'm waiting to see what they have to say for themself next.
Apologises for inactivity since D1 was a lot more active than they're used to, but honestly that's fair, since this one was a lot more active than BMG usually gets. Also talking about Storm, that's fair too, since he looked bad.

Unvote: Storm

yeah, not worth it/not feeling it. if Storm couldn't post then he could have just liked posts or something to get the message across but w/e.

'

I agree with this. I looked back and the votes on Lone_Gararumon were out of proportion and honestly, I liked that Lone_Garurumon was trying to get things serious even if it made him seem like he over-reacted.

On a similar note, I feel like those who jumped on that wagon are worth looking at. I still believe it's easier for scum to stand back when a wagon is forming, but it would also make sense if at least 1 scum went on the wagon. In that case I can see it being one who's going with the flow and/or with weak reasoning.

And IMO those two would be Rainami, who posted this:

Which is worded just scummy.

-and then A Link in Time, who tbh I'm finding more scummy. Rainami just went with it for no given reason, but that's why I think it's less likely for them to be scum. A Link in Time gave the illusion of a reason by basically just agreeing with past reasoning. Doesn't help that A Link in Time looked back in thread and pretty much only said they find Feenie to be townly through one post.

In that case,

Vote: A Link in Time

no one's said Jolteon.....
Talking about the votes on me, says that it feels out of proportion and takes a look at the people voting on me. I feel like scum would've been advocating for, or at least indifferent towards, my lynch. Feenie also defended me, but Feenie defended me near the end of the day and I'm pretty sure this was in the middle, while the heat was still on me, which makes me feel better about them.

yes because 1) I was mostly looking back at earlier posts. 2) I used the "search posts" function for Rainami and some posts slipped by me bc they didn't look like they were important from what the preview gave me. it's not impossible to miss when there's quite a few posts to sift through.

seems like you're just trying to disagree with me for the sake of it. I moved away from the Storm vote because it seemed pointless and the whole situation could easily distract everyone.

You missed my vote but it's ok since I'm going to just

Unvote: A Link in Time

I agree with that. but it's the way you went about it that strikes me as scummy, I said that in my post. Also didn't help that you did it again by going with voting YIGA though you've now unvoted so it no longer matters. You definitely seem more town to me now - I like the effort you've put in and how you're actually giving these wagons some thought.
Taking about ALiT and how they looked to them. I'm not sure why, but this feels like something I should mention. I'm not really sure how I feel about their actions on this though.

Oops I forgot to add something. About that Domozilla777 quote that I did which was:

"Ok, 1 I kinda feel like this game is wayyy to big making it easy for scum to hide in the shadows while we kill each other (kinda like korra) and 2 I have no reads because of this. I'm trying to read through things again to see if I can be more useful but (provided I don't get lynched) I'll probably wait to start becoming more active until there are fewer people."

You go from saying that it's easy for scum to hide while others are being active, and then you say you'll get active when there are fewer people. How does that make sense?
A fair comment on Domo. I know we know Domo was Town now, but back then he was looking pretty dodgy, so this is a fair thing to say.

Been way too busy to properly look in thread before so sorry about that. Pleased to see one mafia down though

I gave my reasoning on why I found A Link in Time scummier over Rainami. I missed Rainami's reason but when I thought they gave no reason, I found ALIT scummier because they gave the illusion of providing a reason. It seemed like a "blending in" tactic.

I'm going to give a list of who I'm leaning town with, who's neutral, who's scum. Color code: town neutral scum
  1. funnier6
  2. EMIYA Shirou
  3. Storm
  4. CheffOfGames
  5. Pendio
  6. A Link In Time
  7. Zachie -> Jamie
  8. Domozilla777
  9. Minish_Link
  10. AussieEevee
  11. musicfan
  12. Midorikawa
  13. Bok of the Wild
  14. Floppolio
  15. Finn Bálor
  16. Libk
  17. Lone_Garurumon
  18. DarthWolf
  19. Lilac
  20. Rainami
  21. Kuro
Tiny specific thoughts: I was initially wary of EMIYA Shirou (because, though this might sound odd, I didn't like how he said I was towny for no given reason) but after Feenie's flip, I'm pretty positive he must be town.
Now I'm going to elaborate on my scum reads: Pendio hasn't done too much, and that last minute vote on Feenie (that didn't count ofc since it was after the update) reads like scum bussing at the last second in an attempt to seem towny. Minish_Link has tried to downplay/backtrack a few times. First, when Mellow Ezlo was killed and Minish_Link said:

Another time was after this last Day phase with this quote:

Quite a few of us missed the EOD and that sucks but saying that would have definitely changed your thoughts on Feenie is pointless. There's no way of proving that and you bringing it up to try and look good is scummy.

Then there's DarthWolf who has not done anything besides make some commentary with no true substance. Normally I'd say it's useless to go after inactives, but in a game of this size, I'm willing to bet there's at least one inactive scum. DarthWolf appearing some times is like a lurking scum trying to seem like they're paying attention.
A list of reads with practically zero justification beyond a couple. They scumread Pendio though, and this was back when Pendio hadn't come under heat yet, so that looks good for them.

Yes.

What does AI stand for? I'm mainly just weirded out by the vote at the end of the phase (after the update). It just seemed like a try-hard attempt since Feenie was going to get lynched regardless.

Why do you think Minish_Link couldn't be scum?

I don't disagree on the pressure but why focus on three you're leaning town with before looking at the ones who aren't on that list (or the town one)

gen 4 dawn is my fave

Vote: DarthWolf

for what I said before and because I don't think he's ever been this inactive before (could be because it's a different form? I don't know, but it's scummy until he gives some form of reason)
Voting Darth for a pretty fair reason, he's been very absent this game. Could just be the different forum, but he's still not doing much.
While we're talking about him: @DarthWolf you got anything to say?

Unvote: Floppolio

with how this phase has been going, I think a lynch is exactly what we need to get everyone's head back in the game. Through that we'll be able to actually analyze and scumhunt in thread. (this probably seems obvious but yeah I'm saying it because OC isn't going to get everything done) And I think the best bet is Pendio not just because it's the wagon/what others have been saying. But because 1) it fits with the at least one inactive scum. 2) hasn't done anything, I put him as scum on my reads anyway so I'm good with this. 3) since he hasn't really done anything substantial it could be helpful to look back and see if anyone has defended him for seemingly no reason, and/or with the few interaction he's had, has anything seemed off? It'll give us something to look at anyway.

Vote: Pendio
Voting Pendio for pretty solid reasons overall.

tl;dr I don't see what's wring with Space. They really don't look that bad. I'd be interested in hearing what people find scummy about them, but I don't see it just by looking through.

It will take considerably longer to analyse all of Lilac's 90+ posts, so don't hold your breath too long.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Imsorry lily but liliac claimed the 1x bullet proof townie this one is the essayist to fake. from the claims that I got. Lily if you are scum you did well for your frist game.

Midorikawa, musicfan, Lilac, EMIYA Shirou, Rainami, Lone_Garurumon, Space

Lily

Mischievous Minx
Imsorry lily but liliac claimed the 1x bullet proof townie this one is the essayist to fake. from the claims that I got. Lily if you are scum you did well for your frist game.

Midorikawa, musicfan, Lilac, EMIYA Shirou, Rainami, Lone_Garurumon, Space

Is it really so hard to believe that role can't be town? Go ahead and maj if you want, you'll only be giving the Mafia a day off.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
Besides you guys are putting way too much faith into Garu and Midori, Scum have easily been accepted as Town in the past.

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
Well looks like we'll have to hope to get lucky on this, ironically I would be voting garu bur he's literally exactly the same as before plus added intensity.

I think I believe midori the most.

Btw emiya I really thought Pendio was town, I know we had that join the bandwagon thing going on but I didn't realize the day was over ya see.
I'm curious, what did you find scummy about me before? I'm not calling you out or anything, don't worry, I'm just curious about what you thought.

Is it really so hard to believe that role can't be town? Go ahead and maj if you want, you'll only be giving the Mafia a day off.
It's not that it's hard to believe it's Town, it's that it's easy to fake, and not an alignment indicative role either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom