• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon Go?

Do you Pokémon Go?

• Of course, Team Valor crushes all opponents!

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Indeed, Team Mystic is the smart choice.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Yep. I'm yellow so I put Magikarps on gyms at 2am.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Nope, I used to but I quit.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • No, Pokémon isn't a game I like.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
I'm almost surprised not to see a thread here for this. Anyway, is anybody else still into Pokémon Go? I think it's a clever and fun game, but the obvious issues present do kind of put a damper on things, but fixes are slowly but surely rolling out. I still play regularly, I think it's a lot of fun to bring my kid to the park where he can climb on jungle gyms while I capture a gym in the name of the Blue Team, or just farm Pokeballs and Pidgeys. Plus it's fun to explore new parks when you hear about a nest of a creature you don't have, and it's really cool meeting new people and helping each other out along the way.

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
Still, updates are rolling out frequently and fixing the major stuff. The only thing I'm really surprised they haven't implemented yet is trading. That's a Pokémon series staple and I can't begin to imagine how much better it would make the game.

I wanted to believe that Pokemon Go would change everything. Was disappointed. 0/10 Would not play again.

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
I think this game is **** since people are getting kidnapped from it but its also alright because a lot of bars are making money since they put up signs such as "find pikachu in here and get a free drink"

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Me and my boyfriend do a walk every friday night playing still and the park we go to has usually got a lot of other triainers in it. I would love to see trading brought and the next gen of pokemon but I would really like them to change the battle system back to something more like the games.

I did at once, when it game since I'm a bit of a Pokemon fanboy but left because Pokemon to me was never about catching, it was about battling and adventuring. The battle system is too restrictive and has its own share of problems, not to mention it exposes me to danger since I must go walking around with my phone so I just ... kinda dropped it.

I toyed around with it for a little bit. Me and my family took a vacation and it was really nice having it in an airport. Not only were there a ton of Poke Stops and such but it really helped combat the boredom of an airport by actually having a reason to get up and walk around. But after that I couldn't really get myself to keep going with it.

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
I used to play it all the time, but now I only really play it to use Pokestops now. I have't hatched a single egg in the time since it came out

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
most of the gyms in my town have been occupied by mystic for the last 4 weeks now, all lvl9+ with 3000+ dragonite in them, so yeah, you might think these people aren't really playing fair.

MW7

I'm still playing a lot. I realized that I was still considered a noob when someone asked what team I'm on and I replied, "Blue." I struggle to get rare pokemon and have had terrible luck with eggs. I do have a solid army of Vaporeons, Flareons, a Slowbro, and an Exeggutor though that can demolish anything. I'm kind of frustrated with how impossible it is to defend anything. I mean you can bring down the most stacked gym imaginable with garbage if you're patient enough. Also I don't like how type advantages are weaker than in the other games. An equal level Jolteon and Vaporeon shouldn't be an even match or worse from the Jolteon's perspective. Water, psychic, and normal pokemon are all way too strong.

Overall it's an incredibly flawed game that overcomes these flaws with its fantastic concept.

Last edited:
I played it for a while and was quite into it until I realized that people who have no life will always dominate the gyms, and there isn't much else to do other than wander around finding mostly crappy Pokemon. And when they had issues with the pokemon tracker, one of the fundamental features of the game, it just really became no fun to play.

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
I played it for a while and was quite into it until I realized that people who have no life will always dominate the gyms.
If you're playing type advantage properly, you can take out any gym, almost regardless of power level. I'm a casual player, so I'll avoid taking huge gyms because it takes a long time, but a gym of 4 or less can easily be taken out in about ten minutes. They've got Vaporeon at 2K CP? A Raichu, Exeggutor, or Jolteon at 1K or more should be able to at least weaken it enough for one of your big guys to take it out in a couple hits. Same goes for any other Pokemon if you play the type advantage game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom