• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Pokémon Black 2/White 2 Profile #2: Gym Leader Cheren

Fig

The Altruist
What's happening forum?! I hope you guys are enjoying your summer watching the Olympics!

This is the second thread of the series of Pokémon profiles of important characters found in Black 2/White 2! Today will feature the first Gym Leader. He was really important to the storyline of Black/White and has changed within the generation! Let's give a hand for Gym Leader Cheren! :D For those who haven't scene him in his new official artwork form, here it is:

czckh9p

Cheren was the rival from Black/White and now is the Gym Leader of Aspertia City. He is skilled in Normal Type Pokémon and gives out the Basic Badge to anyone who beats him in a battle and also hands out TM83 (Work Up). He replaces Cilan, Chili, and Cress position-wise being the first Gym Leader the player faces and replaces Lenora specialty and badge-wise with his specialty being Normal Type Pokémon and his badge is the Basic Badge respectively. Cheren is the only rival to become a Gym Leader within the same generation. When the player uses The Memory Link (I'll explain this feature in the future), certain characters and events can be done once and the events depend on what happened during the player's adventure of Black/White! The player is allowed to battle against Cheren with his original Pokémon team (post-game). Depending on what starter the player chose, Cheren will have the starter with the type advantage along with his "Simi" Pokémon (Simisage, Simisear, Simipour). His Gym Leader title is "The Person Who Seeks Truth". Eventually, the player will be able to have a tag battle with Cheren throughout the game. What is pretty unique (or not fair depending on how you see it) about Cheren is that the player will be able to see his Stoutland not that far from the begining. His Stoutland will appear to be a Lv. 25, making it under-leveled. Nonetheless, Cheren is always there to help out a friend. Cheren will also be one of the many Gym Leaders to take part of the Pokémon World Tournament!

Fore more information on Cheren, here's the link: Cheren - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
I can't wait to challenge Cheren in Black 2/White 2. What are you thoughts on the first Gym Leader of the game? Are you guys excited to see Cheren again?! ^^ Discussion time!

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
I figured Cheren would have at least some significance in BW2. I was expecting him to be the player's rival again, but a Gym Leader seems to suit him better.
I do agree! It fits his personality and IQ very well! I just hope that his strategy stays the same, which will most likely will! ^^

I cannot stand this guy. Along with Bianca he made travelling through the original Black and White a pain. Two rivals were unnecessary as is and I'm glad Game Freak is returning to tradition with only one this time around. I never particularly cared for the guy but I must admit his design is much improved in this sequel game duo. Nevertheless, the name basic namesake of the badge he awards not only represents the types of Pokémon he uses but also his role in the overarching story-average at best.

Fig

The Altruist
Cheren's a Gym Leader?! Actually that's pretty awesome! Although I'm not sure Normal types suit Cheren.
I know right?! :sweat: Seeing Cheren as Gym Leader is awesome and I can't wait to battle him again! Actually, Normal Types suit Cheren quite well as Normal Types can learn almost, if not all Type moves.

Mido

Version 1
I know right?! :sweat: Seeing Cheren as Gym Leader is awesome and I can't wait to battle him again! Actually, Normal Types suit Cheren quite well as Normal Types can learn almost, if not all Type moves.

Ah yes, that is right! I guess he seems more like a Psychic kind of trainer to me with the whole "obsession to find truth" thing. But now I can only wonder what specific Pokemone he will use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom