• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Podcasts

Do you like podcasts?

• Yes

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Do you like/listen to them? If so, what are some of your favorites? And if not, why not?

I don't listen to them very often, because I find myself getting easily distracted if there isn't anything visual to focus on. However, I do like the concept and manage to make my way through some every once in a while.

I recently just finished one called Rabbits. It focuses on a reporter trying to find her missing friend, and she soon finds herself caught up in an ARG (alternate reality game) during the investigation. It was a really interesting and well done story. The voice acting could've been better at parts, but overall I enjoyed it.

I also listened to the first season of Serial when it came out a few years ago. I absolutely loved it, and still keep up with the case that it was about. I listened to a few episodes of the second season, which was about Bowe Bergdahl, but lost interest in it after a while.

There are a couple of podcasts from youtubers that I listen to that are accompanied by video as well. Which may seem to go against what a podcast is, but I find those much easier to pay attention to since I have something to focus on visually.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I listen to podcasts all the time. Great entertainment for when I can't look at something or don't have internet at the time. I ended up getting into them just after I graduated high school, and I've been stuck since.
Let's get a list running:
  • The Weekly Planet - First podcast I ever listened to, it's just a comic book movie podcast hosted by a coupla gr8 m8s. Discovered it when I started watching James (Mr. Sunday Movies) on YouTube
  • Bumblekast - A podcast hosted by Ian Flynn (Writer of the Sonic comics) and Kyle Crouse, where they just kind of talk. I find them entertaining. Found it on Ian's website when looking for information on the then-on hold Archie Sonic series.
  • D&D Is for Nerds - A D&D podcast with a rotating cast, that is run by the same people as Movie Maintenance and Plumbing the Death Star. Found it when James from TWP showed up for a few episodes.
  • Nitro Game Injection - Pretty much a radio show featuring video game remixes. Found it through Bumblekast, as Kyle is a host on both.
  • Movie Maintenance - A podcast where a bunch of writers and film junkies pitch remakes, reboots, sequels, or alternate versions of a bunch of films. The two most recent are The Greatest Showman and The Omen. Found it because it's part of the same network as D&DIFN.
  • Myths and Legends - A podcast that goes over a bunch of stories and myths from ancient civilizations. Just kind of found it while browsing.
  • Network 1901 - A variety podcast channel that focuses mostly on Disney and stuff surrounding it. Found it after one of their people showed up on the TTA.
  • Plumbing the Death Star - A podcast that asks questions about movies you never thought to ask, like "Which Super Smash Bro Would be the Best Stepdad", or "What if Professor X Ran Hogwarts?". Found it because it's part of the same network as D&DIFN.
  • Pokemon World Tour - I just recently got into it, we'll see if I stick with it, but it's a Pokemon tabletop RPG podcast. I listed DDIFN as the "only" one because, as I said, we'll see if I stick with this. It's good so far though. Just found it by browsing for Pokemon podcasts.
  • The Sincast - A podcast by the Cinema Sins crew, where they talk about movies and their life experiences. But mostly movies. Found it because I watch their YouTube videos.
  • Chipman Bros. Tangent - Hosted by MovieBob and his brother Chris, it's just them talking about stuff. Their episodes usually don't have much in the way of structure. I just enjoy their stuff. The podcast channel also hosts Chris's second podcast, "Creating Geeks", where he and his wife discuss stuff they watched as kids, and both when and if they should show it to their kids. Found it through Bob's YouTube channel.
  • Tomorrowland Transit Authorities - Hosted by YouTube's IvyWinter and RobPlays, it's a podcast mostly focused on the Disney parks. Found it through Rob's YouTube channel.
  • Triforce Podcast - Hosted by Lewis, Sips, and Pyrion of the Yogscast, they chat about whatever's on their mind for an hour and a half (whenever they actually get an episode out). Found it because I listened to the YogPod back in the day.
  • Unspoiled - A chapter-by-chapter or episode-by-episode review of big-name books and TV shows by people who haven't seen them before. They have series for Hannibal, Game of Thrones, and The Wire, among others. The only one I listen to is Harry Potter. Found it after discovering and falling in love with Network 1901's "Explain this Book to Me" series.
  • Virtual Boys Podcast - Hosted by old-time ZD members David and FrozenChosen, along with their friends Skylar and Jordan, they discuss news and topics relating specifically to Nintendo. David sent the link in the SB once and I enjoyed it.
  • ZD-i (We need a new name) Podcast - A forum podcast hosted by a bunch of ZDers (myself included) that supposedly makes a random appearance once a month. It's pretty great, if I do say so myself. Found it... by being in it I guess.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
The Adventure Zone is a pretty nice D&D podcast.

Hollywood Handbook is pretty funny, from what I've heard of it.

I don't listen to podcasts that often, though, to be honest. Usually just listen to music when I want something in the background.

Ninja

Well well well
I listening to podcasts while working out or doing admin work.

The Dave Ramsey Show
Chris Hogan Retire Inspired
The MMA Hour

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I would love to host my own podcast, but don't have the stuff for it. I like listening to people, and also talking

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I don't listen to podcasts too often. It really depends on the topic for me and how much time I have to kill as I usually listen to them while I'm doing something else. I've listened to a few from various video game-related YouTubers, but the main ones for me are Kevin Smith's Fatman on Batman podcast and Steve and Larson's Going in Raw wrestling podcast.

I'm really digging the Flop House right now, in which three dudes pick a terrible (and usually recent) movie to talk about. I also really like Sawbones, where a doctor and her husband go through the terrible mistakes made in medical history. I usually listen if I'm falling asleep, editing for work, or playing a game that I can turn the sound off, like The Sims or Stardew.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I've been listening to a podcast called "Hello From the Magic Tavern" lately.

It's about some guy who got sucked into a magic portal in a Burger King drive-thru and ended up in a magical world. He had his podcasting equipment in the trunk of his car and is still getting a weak wi-fi signal from the Burger King through the portal which he uses to upload episodes with his two co-hosts: a sort of mediocre wizard who isn't having any luck recruiting adventurers for his quest to defeat the "dark lord" and a shapeshifter who turns into whatever creature he last had sex with—currently in the form of a talking badger.

I've really been enjoying it because the episodes are only 30-ish minutes, so none of the guests or episode themes ever really overstay their welcome. It's been a pretty refreshing experience so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom