• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Playing the Ocarina

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
in the latest issue of Nintendo Power, Chris Hoffman wrote the OoT 3D cover story, and one image in particular really caught my attention. it shows the Ocarina layout. you use the L, R, X, Y, and A buttons, or use the touch screen, to play. and you can look at your song book at any time, even when you're playing the ocarina.

2rmxjz6.jpg
i took this with my 3DS...

so... do you like the design? yes or no?
Discuss...

Last edited:
B

Bernkastel

It sounds rather amazing. But it's going to be awkward relearning the songs.

B

Bernkastel

When was the last time you played OoT?

I replayed it like a month ago, but lol I mean using the controls on the 3DS to play the Songs. I know how to play them on the N64 already, inside and out. I just think it might be awkward at first when playing the songs on the 3DS.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
I don't really think I'd like it. Switching between my left middle finger (I don't use my index fingers on the bumper buttons, so sue me) and right middle finger for individual buttons, and then my right thumb for the last three. I'd much rather use one finger for everything, which is why I'd probably resort to the touch screen, which makes me happy if you say that's an alternate option.

When was the last time you played OoT?
Today. In fact, about... 2 hours ago. Playing through a 100% 3 heart challenge (meaning all GSs, bottles, etc. only without a single heart piece/container. Much harder than a regular 3 heart challenge).

J

Juxxer

Lol i last played oot on my wii and am on spirit temple last week ;)

Mthegreat

Long Time, No See.
id actually enjoy the hands on ocarina playing system
the control scheme though might need a few touch ups though
besides that, i think it would be a great idea! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom