• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Playing Single Player Games Together

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Do you enjoy sitting down with someone else and playing through a single-player game together? Perhaps you take turns at time intervals, when someone dies, or whenever you feel like swapping?

I enjoy playing single player console games together with friends sometimes but I don't do it so often. I played through Breath of the Wild and am playing through Wind Waker with one friend and we swap out the controller at fair intervals while just using the experience as good time to hang out.

i remember a few years ago i used to go to my friends house with both my switch and 2ds and i was playing botw while he was playing a link between worlds in parallel

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I have plenty of times in fact

in a span of 3 years, my friend and I played through the entirety of Persona 4, which made for a lot of great moments

another time was when both of us and another played through Disaster Report on ps2, that game has aged like cheese and is janky as all get out, yet there's something oddly captivating about it, we didn't beat it but did get far

and around that same time frame was Echo Night 2 for the ps1, another game that we felt engaged in despite its age

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Yeaa cuz there might a bit that another head helps witj or you need more eyes...

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I mean, I've got five younger siblings, so I've at least got an audience when I play. They have noticed things that I hadn't, so they've been playing even if they weren't holding the controller.

One of my brothers had a babysitter that was playing BotW once, and he got to play. My brother doesn't know this, but I plan on handing him a joycon sometine when I've got BotW and letting him run around. (He's 6)

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Mostly when I was a kid. The downside to having one console and two kids is that both of them will inevitably want to play a singleplayer game at the same time. Results were mixed.

These days it tends to be the result of someoen asking to see a game on Discord. I wound up playing Final Fantasy XV for a bit in front of a couple people through Discord, because they wanted to see how a gay Japanese boyband operates during long roadtrips.

(I don't mean that disingenuously. Half of Final Fantasy XV's protagonists are incredibly gay.)

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I do this a lot with my brother and we're currently doing it now with Red Dead Redemption II. There are certain releases we look forward to with great anticipation that are only single player, so we play them side by side on our own screens. We're usually really good at keeping up a similar pace and syncing cutscenes so we're not interrupting each other's game but we use headphones now to make it much easier to get absorbed in our own games. I find this way of playing can be really beneficial with massive open world games like Breath of the Wild and Red Dead Redemption II because we get to cover more ground and discover things either one of us could have easily missed. We also get to spot certain differences between our playthroughs that most people wouldn't typically know about. Like seeing different outcomes to certain scenarios, funny glitches, alternate dialogue, unique interactions, or even spot when a game has adaptive difficulty or alters things with each playthrough.

Yes, I used to play video games alot with friends and my sister and when we would play a single player game we would take turns.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I played through The Wind Waker and Four Swords Adventures with my bf while he was visiting. We just took turns in fair intervals, though I called dibs on the Ganondorf fight.

We also play games simultaneously via discord when we're separated. ie we both have copies of the game and play it at the same time. We did that with Age of Calamity and are now doing it with the Final Fantasy series!

Do you enjoy sitting down with someone else and playing through a single-player game together? Perhaps you take turns at time intervals, when someone dies, or whenever you feel like swapping?

I enjoy playing single player console games together with friends sometimes but I don't do it so often. I played through Breath of the Wild and am playing through Wind Waker with one friend and we swap out the controller at fair intervals while just using the experience as good time to hang out.

I actually do this with my son (5 years old). We're currently playing Wind Waker, finding all of the treasures before going to face Ganon. It's great fun, especially with the semi co-op aspect of the Tingle Tuner.

We'll likely move onto Four Swords Adventure next, especially if I can get a second GCN/GBA cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom