• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Picori, The Sacred Realm and Ganondorf..

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i just kind of thought of something when reading the story of Minish Cap. in MC, the sacred realm opens every 100 years. we know that the sacred Realm is the same place as the temple of time in OoT. Ganondorf gets sealed in the sacred realm at the end of OoT which leads into WW. Miyamoto stated that WW takes place 100 years after Ganondorf is sealed in the sacred realm.

in OoT there is no mention of the picori. now i know that the picori were probably thought of long after OoT was created so this is probably a long shot, but hear me out.

maybe the reason the picori are not mentioned or seen is because people just eventually forgot about them and they only show themselves to kids but since they dont know/forgot about them, they decide to stay hidden or just died out. now because of this, everyone forgets that the sacred realm opens every one hundred years or maybe, a long time before OoT, the royal family found a way to stop the sacred realm from opening and they just permanantly sealed it until it was necessary to open it. when they trapped ganondorf, he escaped one hundred years later, thus the adventures in WW takes place. is it possible that this proves MC's placement on the timline? they once knew that the realm opened every one hundred years but after so long, people forgot not only about the picori but that the realm eventually will open again. when link opens the realm maybe it restarts the one hundred year process that the realm goes through so that when ganondorf is trapped, it opens up and allows him to escape one hundred years later in WW.

what do you all think?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
In MC the doorway to the Land of the Picori opens every 100 years, not the door to the Sacred Realm

the door that opens every one hundred years is the door in the castle that has the glowing symbols around it. Ezlo specifically calls that place the sacred realm. and it is the same place that opens every one hundred years too according to him.

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
Anyone ever wonder what exactly is IN the sacred realm? I mean, we keep hearing about it, but what is in it? And I think they are pobably the same place, but remember, you get the FOUR SWORD, and seal VAATI away. This is set before the four swords game, but made after. And if WW was exactly 100 years after OoT, when did MC and Four Swords take place??? Think about that for a moment.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Anyone ever wonder what exactly is IN the sacred realm? I mean, we keep hearing about it, but what is in it? And I think they are pobably the same place, but remember, you get the FOUR SWORD, and seal VAATI away. This is set before the four swords game, but made after. And if WW was exactly 100 years after OoT, when did MC and Four Swords take place??? Think about that for a moment.

the sacred realm is supposed to be like a mystical and important place to the Hylians/Royal Family.

in OoT it holds the Master sword and in MC it is the place you must go to to power up the picori blade.

also, as i stated in my first post, what if they royal family found a way to seal it off completely so that it wouldnt open every 100 years or what if the picori sealed it so it wouldnt open.

think of it this way, Vaati was a picori and all the picori came from the door that opens to the sacred realm every 100 years. after they defeated Vaati, maybe they thought it was best if the door was closed permanantly until it was aboslutely necessary. no one knows where the master sword came from. what if the master sword was created to keep the sacred realm closed until a person who was chosen by the gods, arrived to wield the blade when another evil had struck the world.

this would lead into OoT. the sacred realm remained closed until Ganondorf showed up and Hyrule needed a hero. that hero is link, who was fated to be the hero (the deku tree even says that he knew the boys destiny but he never says how he knows). Link was already chosen, long before his birth, to be the hero of time. maybe it was in his bloodline and maybe he is somehow related to the link from MC.

link goes the sacred realm, and opens the doors because he is the one chosen to do so. he takes the master sword which has been protecting the seal of the sacred realm for many years. when he takes it, this restarts the 100 year cycle that was previously on it. the only person with the power to completely seal off that door would be Zelda, but since she remains in the future at the end of the game, she is unable to seal the door or maybe she does not know she is supposed to seal it. this means that 100 years after Ganondorf is sealed away in the realm, it would open allowing him to escape.

the back story of WW never says HOW he escapes, it only says that he escaped. this would be a perfect explanation as to why he escaped.

we never know why Link was chosen to be the hero fo time, and this would explain it.

we dont know what happened to the picori. maybe they went back to where they came from because the hylians were afraid that something as powerful as Vaati would come from their world again. the door would be sealed when they left. this would explain what happened to them.

we dont know how Ganondorf was able to escape the sacred realm 100 years after his capture. this would perfectly explain that.

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
I repeat, HOW does the Four swords fit in to this. I see how the rest fits, but I long ago realized that four swords ties into minish cap. and your timeline does not have the four swords in it. I am not trying to challenge you, I am just trying to figure this out.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I repeat, HOW does the Four swords fit in to this. I see how the rest fits, but I long ago realized that four swords ties into minish cap. and your timeline does not have the four swords in it. I am not trying to challenge you, I am just trying to figure this out.

well the sword used to seal away Vaati is inside the chest that Vaati is sealed in. im sure that the royal family has it hidden somewhere. i dont think any of the FS games have anything to do with the sacred realm and i know for a fact that they have nothing to do with the picori so they dont need to fit into this idea at all. in FS, Vaati escapes and kidnaps some girls that Link has to save, same thing happens in FSA except in FSA Vaati is trying to ressurect ganon. neither of those games have anything to do with the sacred realm so that is why i did not include them in my explanation.

if youre asking what happens to the picori blade/four sword. my guess is that it is hidden someplace because it is sealing Vaati away.

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
But that is exactly what I mean. The Four sword is sealing Vaati away, and both the sword and Vaati appear in MC. And at the end of the final boss battle in MC, Vaati is in the same form as he is at the beggining of four swords, so WHY does it supposedly not tie in? And they do tie in with the picori, from a point of view. Vaati was once a picori himself, was he not?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
But that is exactly what I mean. The Four sword is sealing Vaati away, and both the sword and Vaati appear in MC. And at the end of the final boss battle in MC, Vaati is in the same form as he is at the beggining of four swords, so WHY does it supposedly not tie in? And they do tie in with the picori, from a point of view. Vaati was once a picori himself, was he not?

yes, but for all we know, the actions of FS could take place 100 years after MC or it could take place 1 month after MC. the reason i dont include it is because it has nothing to do with the sacred realm and the sacred realm is the topic of this thread, not Vaati.

i never said that FS isnt connected to MC. its pretty obvious that MC is a prequel to FS. i said its not connected to my idea.

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
yes, but for all we know, the actions of FS could take place 100 years after MC or it could take place 1 month after MC. the reason i dont include it is because it has nothing to do with the sacred realm and the sacred realm is the topic of this thread, not Vaati.

i never said that FS isnt connected to MC. its pretty obvious that MC is a prequel to FS. i said its not connected to my idea.

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. I did not know the game had to do something with the sacred realm.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. I did not know the game had to do something with the sacred realm.

well thats why i made this thread. to just present an idea of how ganondorf got out of the sacred realm, so i was just using the games that i thought connected perfectly with use of the sacred realm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom