• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Phi, the Sword Girl

Clearer Image...

skyward_sword_girl_screenshot_by_heey1888-d3ifw9b.png

I've found some clearer images of her posted by heey1888 on deviantart.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Maybe this is the first time something horrific like Auto Tune sounds cool.
Finally, along with Ghirahim, there are 2 characters which really interested me now. I hope more awesome stuff will be revealed.

Also, it sounds like Phis language got some russian influences (I know it's just gibberish).

V

VirgilTheart

I don't know about anyone else, but I have a feeling that the creation of the Master Sword will be a very melancholic event in the game. It seems to be rather certain that Phi is no longer active in the other games with the Master Sword in it, so my guess is that the creation of the Master Sword will come at the cost of Phi's spirit.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I can see her, but it just a little. She's the Master Sword, in the end? But What will she happen to that spirit? I don't think that she's on the other Master Sword.

She's in the Skyward Sword, obviously. The Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword. She has 6 features of the Master Sword lined up perfectly in the placements on the blade.
Obviously she's going to somehow transform the sword (through her own or some outside power) into the Master Sword, and her consciousness will be sealed inside of it, hence the reason only the Hero can pull it out. In other words, the Master Sword is Phi in a sense.
1zfpo5g.jpg(Her cloak is the hilt.) And as we can see in the video, her design has not changed at all.skyward_sword_girl_screenshot_by_heey1888-d3ifw9b.jpg

I don't know about anyone else, but I have a feeling that the creation of the Master Sword will be a very melancholic event in the game. It seems to be rather certain that Phi is no longer active in the other games with the Master Sword in it, so my guess is that the creation of the Master Sword will come at the cost of Phi's spirit.

You're kind of saying what I am. She will become the Master Sword, I can guarantee you that.

This was a great find, you really have to zoom in to see some of the subtle hints given away but it does confirm a few theories that have been around for a while now.

This definitely confirms her as a spirit living in the sword, when she is finished talking to you she flies up and lands on the hilt of the sword on Link's back.

I am now very interested in the goddess statue on Skyloft, as I think the two are related.

unled1xb.jpg

unled2wv.jpg

Since the Sword girl has already been mentioned by a few to very closely resemble the Queen of Fairies of WW and FSA, the statue in Skyloft eminds me of the statues seen in fairy fountains of ALTTP. The statue itself strongly resembles the queen of fairies of ALTTP and TP and to a lesser extent the great fairies of MC.
19513271.jpg

This game appears to be very heavy in the fairy imagery, and they might play a slightly higher role than item for a quick heal or NPC that increases arrow capacity.

Djinn, I understand the connections you're making, and they're very good, but "confirms"? This doesn't actually confirm anything. It suggests, but doesn't confirm.

Last edited:
V

VirgilTheart

^ Oh, I'm confident that Phi will become the Master Sword in the end. I'm only saying that I think the moment that it DOES happen will be a very sad moment in the storyline. Probably a tearjerker. ;)

Lupine

Sacred Beast
;) she's really starting to remind me of Midna (attitude aside, of course). I wonder if Phi's departure might be similar, if not even sadder.

Her voice sounds very mechanical. So... is she more man-made or more of a spirit? She speaks like some sort of machine. :)

Lupine

Sacred Beast
The auto-tone is just to have an original voice. Phi is just an entity. Nothing mechanical.

Eh, enough of my speculation, then. You're right, she is just an entity. I didn't mean like modern-day machine. I think the voice is very suiting, and she does embody a man-made steel object, after all ;) Her speech sounds like a computer to me (not that she is) with words such as "analysis" and "detected"

Very cool :)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Eh, enough of my speculation, then. You're right, she is just an entity. I didn't mean like modern-day machine. I think the voice is very suiting, and she does embody a man-made steel object, after all ;) Her speech sounds like a computer to me (not that she is) with words such as "analysis" and "detected"

Very cool :)

Yeah, she does talk in this straightforward way. She's very different from all the other helper characters we've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom