• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pet Peeves

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
At pet peeve is basically something that annoys you. It also can be something that some may think is not a big deal, but you find it annoying or frustrating. I guess I am asking both what are some things that annoy you and what are some minor things that you find annoying?

There are a lot of things that I find annoying. One thing that annoys me is when people take games way to seriously. I can understand that things can get heated at times, but when you are actually mad because of the game you need to chill out. It might be kind of hypocritical for me to say that, because sometimes I can get really mad during a game. I try my hardest to keep calm though.

I also get really annoyed with some people's sense of humor. I know that some people have a different sense of humor, but when people laugh and jokes that I think are stupid and stretch the joke for on way too long I get really irritated. I don't know why, but it just frustrates me. I remember a few days ago, during lunch, this kid that sits at our table kept saying the same joke over and over again. It was so annoying to me that I angrily yelled at him. I don't remember what I said, but the table got silent. The awkward silence at our table ended with my friend saying "Damn, Mathias! What's wrong with you today?" I just silently ate my food, but everyone else was in a bad mood that day, so it wasn't too awkward and embarrassing

Another thing thing that I think is really annoying is when people make noises. I just find it stupid when people start making incoherent noises for no reason. I don't really know how to explain some of the noises, but there are some that I find really irritating. I remember last night when my sister was getting dinner, she was making this weird noise. I remember politely telling her to stop it, but then she did it again to irritate me. I then told her to shut up and my mom yelled at me.

Those are really all the things that I find annoying that I think of right now. There are of course more things that I find irritating, but I can't really think of the others right now. So what about you? What do you find annoying?

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Well... I work in retail, so my pet peeves pretty much follow my work.

I hate when people idle in the middle of the aisles. Like, taking up the whole aisle with their cart and having a conversation on their phone. Please step aside so I don't have to smash into fixtures with this rack of clothes I'm bringing out, thank you.

I hate when people just yank items out of the center of a stack of CLEARLY IDENTICAL items. Like, you can't look at the shirt on top and decide you want it in your size? Or, you need to make sure that the Large shirt has the same design as the small shirt, but can't bother to lift the shirts on top of it in order to grab the one you seek? No. BETTER JUST DUMP THE WHOLE PILE AND MAKE SURE.

Also, the people who get pissed at me when I tell them that we're closed. Sorry. I don't make the hours, and, no, you're not so special that we'll extend them for you.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I couldn't even begin to even chip away at the pet peeves I have. It's always the little things that get you! One little one that happens all the time which I've just seen a second ago on the GAF are people who say "I could care less," instead of "I couldn't care less."

caring-continuum.jpg

It's like people aren't actually reading what they're typing. Or think it's like, some kind of saying... No. :P

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I have many, and I'm sure others do too.

- I hate people who walk slow in front of me, it's always like theat when you're shopping or in Town, and it annoys me so much. I can understand if the person has kids or some form of disability, but most of the time it's dosy people who don't know what they're doing.
- When something is not put away properly or I'll put something away or clean it up and two minutes later I'll have to that job again.
- People who smoke or take drugs in front of me, which is a lot of my friends. Like I'm fine with them taking it, it's their decision and whatnot but don't smoke that **** in front of my face.
- Girls who act stupid to get attention. I don't mind ditsy people, I'm dosy a lot of the time myself, but when girls are intentionally acting stupid I hate it.

Meh I have many more, that's just a few :P

The only one I can really think of right now is when people scrape their silverware on their teeth when they eat; like CLOSE YOUR DAMN MOUTH and quit sounding like metal chalkboard. It makes the hair on my neck stand up to hear metal sliding and scraping against teeth. Teeth do not clean your fork. If you feel the need to with your silverware clean do it with the inside of your lips like a normal person as you remove the fork from your mouth. All this attempting to daintily remove a tiny piece of food with your tongue while you grind down your front teeth with a chunk of metal is so unappetizing and it makes me want to hit people.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I brought this up in a Zelda thread but, one thing that I literally cannot even stand is when people tell me what to think. This applies to everything--how I should dress, what games movies and music I should like, what religion I should believe in, etc. If someone tries to tell me my opinion is wrong, then they should find somewhere to hide, because it seriously makes me want to smack the arrogance off of their stupid faces.

I also can't stand it when people in front of me and walk that irritating pace which is too slow to walk behind, but too fast that I can't really pass them without running.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Most of my pet peeves pertain to typing. I hate it when people, whether in a text, forum post, email, etc., can't even use proper sentence structure.

For example: i hate when people type sentences like this because it can be awkward to read and it is annoying and it looks really bad please use punctuation sometimes people its not hard

Another example: Hello. How r u 2day? I m gud. I hate dis type of sentence 'cuz its also hard 2 read.

Another one, not related to text, is when people walking in front of me walk incredibly slow. It really irritates me when people think that they can walk slow, even though there are tons of people behind them.

Another huge one is when people use "The Great" in their usernames. I mean, seriously. How stupid is that?? People who use "The Great" in their usernames are most likely self-centred, mean, and/or completely humourless. Shame on you for thinking that you are "great". That is not for you to decide!! gawd. :rolleyes:

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
I have a bunch of little pet peeves.
I hate cellophane. Especially during movies. ~crinkle~ I think this is universal, though.
When people sit backwards on their chairs and put their arms on the back of it. A lot of backwards things tick me off.
That's really all I can think of now, though.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
1) Smacking your lips. Shut your bleepin' mouth when you eat or don't eat at all...ok that's really a bit harsh, but the point is, I don't want to hear you eating. That's gross to me. I eat silently, and I wish other people (looking at you, dad) would do the same.

2) Tattoos. People overglorify tattoos and it's just ridiculous. If I don't have one, I'm suddenly a *****. If I get one, I'm some kind of bad guy. So...why not just do away with them altogether? :/

3) Victims playing victims. Obviously actions can affect people. However, a lot of the victims of WHATEVER out there love to play the role of a victim - that is, they are making a game or such out of being a victim - and thus I just don't see any legitimacy out of whatever is affecting them.

4) Eeeh...waking up early really ticks me off. I used to love waking up at 6AM, however there's just nothing for me anymore since my DAD decided to be estupid.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
~girls complaining that they are fat when they are far from it (not talking about the anorectic ones btw)
~guys who show off/are proud of their abs but weigh less than a feather
~kids that think they are mature, smart, adult and are "disappointed" with their generation
~wanna-be gangsters at my school that think they are Don Corleone or Al Capone by stealing donuts from the cafeteria -.-
~random people that jump into debates and try to convince that both sides of the debate are equally true and both have valid points when they so obviously aren't.
~chewing with mouth open
~people showing up at the gym with a tank top and protein shakes one week after they start lifting
~people that talk.. no wait, SHOUT spoilers from a new movie/book/TV show at each other in a public transport (bus, train, airplane)

and the worst one of them all.. people that seem to fail harder and win more in every situation you tell them; I trip and fell on the street => they trip and fell of a cliff, I come late to class => they came late to 10 classes, I get a good grade on a test I hardly practiced for => they get the best grade in an entire course without showing up.. *loads shotgun*

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
When I spend the morning cleaning the bathroom, only to come in at night and see little stubs of hair from one of the guys shaving himself ALL over the frickin sink!

-****Ignorance*****
-People chewing gum (or anything for that matter) like a ******** cow, or munching on something REALLY loud. This is especially annoying when someone in class is chewing on something really crunchy right behind me.
-When people tailgate me on the highway/streets.
-Someone driving like a slug on the fast lane...MOVE OVER!!! They call it fast lane for a reason... -.-
-Or when a group of people is walking extra slow in a hallway or on a sidewalk.
-People shouting when I'm literally right next to them... I'm not deaf you know.
-When someone asks a question about something in class when the professor literally just explained it in full detail.
-Girls (or guys even) complaining about how out of shape they are when they're actually in shape and have a nice figure. My sister for example: fittest girl I know, yet she complains on how fat she is and how she should watch her diet, even thought she's a twig and works out every day.
-People coughing or sneezing without putting their hands in front of their mouths. This one time, someone literally sneezed right in the back of my head during class. I was literally about to turn around and deck him in the face. Instead, I kept calm and gave him an earful after class.

..I have a ton more, but those are the primary ones. I'm just thankful I have a high tolerance and am a pretty patient person.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
-Or when a group of people is walking extra slow in a hallway or on a sidewalk.

Omg I hate that! Lol. It's always around the schools, kids wander down the paths in huge groups but so slow, it causes a proper traffic jam on the path. :P I never bother pushing past unless I really need to be somewhere, but damn is it annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom