• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Personal Top 5 Games of All Time

Twilight Princess
War for Cybertron
Super Paper Mario
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
Terraria or Minecraft they are tied

These aren't in order of preference btw

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
1. Twilight Princess
2. Final Fantasy XII
3. Bioshock Infinite
4. Resident Evil 4
5. Assassin's Creed Unity

Misty

Ronin
Wow, personal top five games of all time that's a tough question. I guess because of the personal I won't answer it using artistic, more objective standards of excellence and instead dwell more on the games with more personal impact on my life.

1. Kingdom Hearts: While the second game was a let down and everything since I haven't bothered to play because I really cannot take more terrible iterations of something beloved, the first game really cannot be overrated for how important it was in my life. Having always been a huge disney fan as a girl and loving the final fantasy series because my father played them all and did distinct voices for each character (I wasn't quite old enough to read/read quickly), this was legitimately a match made in heaven. However, the reason this game tops this list is because at the time it was given to me, I'd just gotten out of spending five months in a hospital from a really horrific spinal operation. We got home Christmas day after my mother literally told them that she was taking me out of the hospital because I was no longer doing well there (mentally I think, it was a pretty dark time) and that spending Christmas in the hospital would just make everything worse. We got home to my father and brother and because my mother had always been in charge of planning Christmas nothing was done so we all were kinda down until my father said he'd gone shopping and gotten little gifts until we could do a proper Christmas. He gave me Kingdom Hearts and due to the fact I was on morphine and not sleeping very much at night or during the day, I played this game for most of the two year healing process (most of which I couldn't really move for). It's an excellent game and would probably make an impersonal list, but it's always number 1 in my heart. Anytime I'm in a bad spot, I play this game and immediately feel a lot better.

2. Zelda Ocarina of Time: It was pretty funny to me to see this keep getting rated as overrated on the other thread because I don't think things like this could be overrated on a technical or emotional scale. This was a game I was stuck on for literally fifteen years of my life. I'd play it and play it and just be stuck on the adult water temple until finally I just quit in frustration for a year. This kept happening until finally my father had to sell out N64 due to money issues. This game was the one that got away until the Wii came out and had the ability to play it. I came back at 18 and finally defeated it. This is the only game I've thrown a controller down in happiness over and danced around while taunting it over. I actually remember telling my boyfriend at the time that I knew that was the day I became a woman.

3. Guardian Heroes: This game is and was crack for my older brother and I. We'd just moved into a new house with our family and my little brother was less than a month old. Both my parents had begun new jobs and we were homeschooled so nobody really had time for any of us including my little brother. That didn't really change for an entire year so we spent most of the better part of a year living and breathing this game on a nasty old victorian sofa the color of vomit. My little brother would sit sandwiched between us in his boppy pillow and we would feed him and chat to him while playing this game sometimes with one hand. I'm not 100% certain, but we probably saw every possible storyline on this game. I've also fought over this game with my brother more than possibly any other game. Cries of "you're cheating" or "you're being a cheesemachine" were frequent. Even now, we have a lot of pictures of the three of us on that couch taking care of our little brother and playing this game. I really want to get an emulator that can allow me to play this with my little brother.

4. Dark Alliance: This game for me is one of those games that has legitimately damaged the relationship I have with my older brother forever. (Not in a we cannot get on sort of way, but in a "I will never ever forgive him for this as long as I live sort of way". We played this game together a lot and fought over it all the time. He is a treasure hog and would frequently be walking around in the best gear while I was dying in gear from two levels back and he'd blame my skill level even though he was running around collecting loot while I killed everything. Eventually, we had a huge blow up fight and refused to play the game together at the request of our father that we either never fight again or stop playing. A few years passed and I ended up back on the couch from a huge leg operation. I decided to play the game on my own just to get the achievement of finishing it. I played it for months until I finally reached the last level (the one we'd never been able to get to from all the fighting). I stupidly decided to invite him to play it with me so we could put our fight to bed for good and finish the game together. So we got to the final boss and I died when we were a few minutes from killing her. I told him to stop so we could try again and finish with me alive and he gleefully refused and beat her while I tried to stand up and turn the system off. He pretty much laughed and taunted while I yelled and cried about him ruining everything I'd been working on for months. He claimed I was just out of control because of the meds I was on. When it finally got through the appeals court that is my parental authority, they grounded him from electronics from a month and gave him a real going over for having done something so malicious and cruel. Still, I've never gone back to beat the final boss and I'll never forgive my brother for this one.

5. League of Legends: Although it pains me to put this game on this list, it would be dishonest if it weren't here. I played this game when it was in beta and five years after that. I quit after some life problems happened and I realized it was partially responsible for my aggression and poor decision making. Still, there are many people who were once important to me I met on this game and I honestly don't think I could have gotten through the ages of 14-20 without it. This game was my version of WoW in most ways. I didn't sleep or eat enough because I was playing it. On the other hand, I did get a good grade in chemistry and math because my clan leader ordered two of our members that were grads in those fields to tutor me and banned me from playing with them during school hours.

Honorable mentions go to: Jak 2, Sly 2, Bioshock, The Last of Us, PS2 Gauntlet, and Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
1. Twilight Princess- This game is the pinnacle of the Zelda series. I feel they haven't surpassed it since it was released. It has my favourite character and some of my other favourites also (Ganondorf and co.). It's got the best story in the series a great sidekick and the gameplay is fun. I love the mix of combat, puzzles and world in Zelda. It's stops you feeling like you are only doing one thing such as in shooters.

2. The Witcher 3- I think this game is probably better than TP (Link does not have dynamic bead growth now does he) but I have a bias towards Zelda. The soundtrack is like something you'd expect from a blockbuster movie. There are all sorts of characters both lovable and those that I despise and this game usually let's me **** these people over. The choice making really makes you feel in control of some the events in the game and that you shape the world but it doesn't sacrifice story which is always the main focus.- The DLC that you get free is nice and I haven't done the paid ones yet as one is not out and I want to do another big play through with them, but for the apparent 30 hours content the price is excellent. It is how DLC should be done.

3. Soul Calibur 5- I put hundreds of hours into this. I broke several controllers by throwing, or stomping them due to rage but I kept coming back. I love the series and whilst and the gameplay in 5 is the most refined yet.

4. Skyrim- I spent 100 hours in this one and got all the achievements. I love the feel and atmosphere of the game and the ancient Scandinavian influence. I think I enjoyed murdering innocents more than anything though.

5. Metal Gear Rising- This is another game with a fantastic soundtrack. The gameplay is fast paced and incredibly fun especially cutting enemies into literally hundreds of pieces in slow motion. The characters and action are just ridiculous in the best way possible.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Top 5 is tough. I could give you a top 100 much easier. I'm sure the next time this thread gets posted my top 5 will change as I remember or misremember how great some games were, but here is my April 2016 list subject to change, in no particular order.

The Witcher 3
Halo 3
LoZ Majoras Mask
Dragon Age Origins
TES4 Oblivion

Reactions: Dio

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
  1. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Fallout 4
  4. The Witcher 3
  5. Mass Effect 2

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Ocarina of Time
Metroid Prime
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Resident Evil 4
Soul Calibur 5

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
uh....can i take a different spin on this and name top 5 childhood games? b/c for me,this would take serious thinking
just in case i can
- Super Smash Bros Melee
- The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
- Super Mario Sunshine
- Grand Theft Auto Vice City
- Rayman 3

no particular order though

Reactions: Dan

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Currently:
  1. Xenoblade Chronicles/Xenoblade Chronicles X (they're close enough to each other)
  2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  3. God Eater
  4. Tales of Zestiria
  5. Xenosaga Episode I
Growing up:
  1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  2. Legend of Spyro Trilogy
  3. Star Fox 64
  4. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  5. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
one per series huh...y u do dis termeenous?

Anyway, I've been playing a lotta new kinds of games since 2014. So here is my top five of diversity:
  1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (I mean seriously, is there a question about this? everyone knows I love this game.)
  2. Bloodborne (I've played DS1 and still hate it, is too damn slow. Played and beat BB so many times it's unreal. Played and beat DS3 twice so far and it's only been out for like two weeks here in the states. I do like DS3 but I hate the online component to it. it's too restrictive. people hate on BB for whatever reason, but I can't figure out what exactly that reason is. anywho, BB is so good. slap on Old Hunters DLC and you get UH MAY ZINQ. it could beat OoT for my #1 if I played it first.)
  3. Xenoblade Chronicles (this game literally is perfection bar one thing: the fact that you HAVE to level up in order to progress in the game. if I could do a LLG like I do in FFXII, it'd be #2 over B:cool:
  4. Final Fantasy XII (good lord. I've spend over 600 hours on this game. it too is literally perfection, and the only issue I have with it [this is retrospective] is that the graphics are not up to date. Back when I first played XII in 2008, it was the most realistic thing I had ever seen. but now we have 1080p, 2K, and 4K content. If they did XII HD Remake, I would not hesitate to buy twelve copies of it. People hate the story, I thought the story was incredibly touching even if the characters themselves were fleeting interactions. People hated the combat system, but I found it nothing but a boon. some people even hated the music which is insane, Nobuo Uematsu is a musical god. it's a true 10/10 of its time, but nowadays I'd give it an 8/10.
  5. Star Ocean Till the End of Time (gameplay is uh may zinq. too bad SO4 and SO5 ****ed it all up.)

I have 2 zelda games and 2 pokemon games in my top ten, but here is it without it:

1. Pokemon Emerald
2. Ocarina of Time
3. LA: Noire
4. TF2
5. Terraria

If anyone is interested in my true top 5:

1. Pokemon Emerald
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Link to the Past
4. Pokemon Diamond
5. LA: Noire

Users who are viewing this thread