• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Performance

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I don't think it's a stretch to say that Age of Calamity has performance issues. The framerate especially, can cause hiccups at places.

Is it something that bothers you? Do you think it will get better after launch, do you think we will get a patch?

And how do you think the resolution in handheld mode looks for you?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
So far, the performance issues have been pretty disappointing. They're not game-breaking, but they certainly make the game look very unpolished, an issue that BotW suffered from as well, although to a much lesser extent.

The game is intended to run at 30fps, but it rarely stays at that mark, instead hovering around the low to mid 20s and even dipping into the 10s when the screen is packed full of enemies or other action going on.

I really hope Nintendo actually puts the effort in to fix it, although my expectations aren't that high.

I haven't actually played it in handheld mode, so I can't speak about how it looks/runs there.

To be honest, I didn't notice anything outside of the camera not spinning as smoothly as I would have expected. I'm not saying the performance issues don't exist, but they're not bad enough that I'm noticing them to affect my experience or anything.

I do worry about the multiplayer mode if I were to have my sister play with me, though. I've heard horror stories that the Definitive Edition of the original had really poor performance for the split screen multiplayer, and I would be curious to know if they've attempted to improve that or not. My sister and I did co-op on the Wii U version all the time without issue, so it would be a bit disappointing if the multiplayer in Age of Calamity is bad.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
To be honest, I didn't notice anything outside of the camera not spinning as smoothly as I would have expected. I'm not saying the performance issues don't exist, but they're not bad enough that I'm noticing them to affect my experience or anything.

I do worry about the multiplayer mode if I were to have my sister play with me, though. I've heard horror stories that the Definitive Edition of the original had really poor performance for the split screen multiplayer, and I would be curious to know if they've attempted to improve that or not. My sister and I did co-op on the Wii U version all the time without issue, so it would be a bit disappointing if the multiplayer in Age of Calamity is bad.
I feel the same way. The performance issues probably exist, but I never encountered them; I played mostly on handheld. The camera is a bit weird. It definitely works my Switch quite a bit; the fan gets really loud for a bit when a game is demanding. Overall, not great, but could be worse.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I’ve played entirely on handheld and I’ve barely noticed any at all. Every once in a while when I stasis a huge crowd of enemies, there’s a slight hiccup at the moment of release. That’s all I’ve been able to pick up on. I’m never able to tell about these things. I have a friend that can accurately tell the framerate down to the number just by eyeballing it and I have absolutely no idea how he does that. If it’s not running like a powerpoint presentation, I am not gonna notice a difference.

Robbie fan club
It definitely felt a little off, especially in the first stage. Nothing game breaking, more just mildly annoying. As long as it doesn't get any worse later in the game I reckon I'll more or less get used to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom