• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
wait, wtf? didn't you just look at the two roles? Protect is the only overlap. How would that distinguish between the two?
because ex isn't ghiranim. He's claiming the block from today which ghiranim couldn't have had. Also being able to protect means that he's a town JOAT. I forgot that scum ex could claim the roleblock even if it came from a teammate though, which was a mental misstep on my part. Maybe ex isn't actually confirmable, at least in one night, if the mafia could do everything else sherlock could.

because ex isn't ghiranim. He's claiming the block from today which ghiranim couldn't have had. Also being able to protect means that he's a town JOAT. I forgot that scum ex could claim the roleblock even if it came from a teammate though, which was a mental misstep on my part. Maybe ex isn't actually confirmable, at least in one night, if the mafia could do everything else sherlock could.

I could be wrong, but mafia probably doesn't have a watcher shot. I looked through a lot of the mafia roles on D1, and didn't see anything like that, but I could have missed something since I wasn't looking specifically for that.

Hey, are you town?
Uhh, you've asked me this before. Yes.
I am Town, if you want me to say it explicitly.
Or, I am the owner of a role which names me as a member of the "town" team, if you want me to say it precisely.

they have a lie detector shot

is sleepwalker the one that uses the ability they're targeted with on the player that used it?
that's a good doc target for fig
That's the one.

One mafia is almost certainly a role cop.
One mafia is almost certainly a godfather.
If one mafia is a roleblocker, using basically any other ability will confirm Exlight.
If there are 4 mafia, it gets a bit trickier, but I've gotten the impression that's unlikely.

Also ftr I'd be damn sure there's 4 Mafia if not for Seanzie's claim

aka the number one thing making me really think we shouldn't listen to Seanzie and kill a bulletproof claim

Also ftr I'd be damn sure there's 4 Mafia if not for Seanzie's claim

aka the number one thing making me really think we shouldn't listen to Seanzie and kill a bulletproof claim

4 mafia is a 14er would be extremely weird and unconventional. Even with all the power we've seen in this game, a ratio that close to 2:1 is all-but-unheard of.

ToS does 4 Mafia and two evil neutrals in a 15-player game all the time

It works pretty much only because of how strong the average town power role is

and uh

suffice to say this game is reaching that point lol

it's looking exceedingly likely to me that, if Pen is as respected of a host as you all claim (no offense Pen I'm just new here so idk lmao), there must surely be something making the Mafia team harder to find, because the amount of roleconfirms coming through is kinda nuts.

also shoutout to whatever 1 player Pen gave VT as a joke

Pen

The game is on!
Day 2 Current Vote Tally:
Ragnarokio - 4 (ExLight, Fig, Seanzie, Storm)
Viral Maze - 5 (Ragnarokio, Fext, A Link In Time, Killjoy262, Paranoid King)

Extension - 2 (Ragnarokio, ExLight)

Not voting - DekuNut, Morbid Minish, Viral Maze, Kirino

With 13 players alive it takes 7 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Wednesday, October 13th 2021 at 7:00 PM EST.

ToS does 4 Mafia and two evil neutrals in a 15-player game all the time

It works pretty much only because of how strong the average town power role is

and uh

suffice to say this game is reaching that point lol

This isn't ToS.

Just look at Pen's other games. The ones with 4 mafia have 18-20 players. a 14er with 4 mafia is pretty much unheard of on all of the forum mafia sites I play on or follow. Sure, theoretically it could happen if a host decides to do that and the forum lets them, but it is an unreasonable assumption to make, even with the power roles we've seen.

Fig

The Altruist
I was just about to say to Fext that forum mafia doesn't follow ToS ratios when 1. It's easier and faster to load into ToS games that can easily have 15+ as games are 10-20 minutes and 2. 4 mafia out of 14 would be actually almost 1/3 of the roster being mafia. Since there's only 13 players left, 4 out of 13 would actually be now at .30/1.00. Usually speaking, games with 4 mafia allow for double kills (though can potentially be possible with 3 mafia depending on how the host designed the game). With all the roles that we know or may know, my guess is that the balance is 3 mafia players with somewhat fairly busted utilies/roles.

I mean obviously yes there's longer day phases and all that

but like

if everyone is just confirmable then how is this even a game lol

just

press buttons

win

Fig

The Altruist
I mean obviously yes there's longer day phases and all that

but like

if everyone is just confirmable then how is this even a game lol

just

press buttons

win
That's not how it works. If we are to "just press buttons" that means everyone is ok to just lynch anyone as long as there is a reason. If people wanted to just press buttons, people would have looked at Rag's push towards me and act simple-minded like Storm (no offense, using you as an example because it did happen) by just accepting it and voting for me "So we are just voting for Fig now? *votes for Fig immediately without extra elaboration*". And we were on the cusp of that happening but somehow we were able to de-escalate from that scenario from occurring.

Also, can you please form proper sentences? It makes no sense that I have to move my eye downs to read six lines that could have fit in one line and starting another one, all for one sentence/point. Not everyone is still confirmable, a claim is just a claim, doesn't necessarily mean it's true until actually proven true either by death or by others confirming an action was applied.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
the way the game is unfolding it seems like more people than not can confirm themselves as town fairly easily, which makes the game very difficult to lose assuming we coordinate actions. Given i haven't poured through all the scum roles so its possible there's something that could offset this gamestate and its possible i'm missing something else as well.

at this point it does seem like just pressing buttons will win us the game though, and at this point i'm guessing that pen just made a mistake with the game design rather than the some other outrageous thing being the case.

we won't know until the game is over though, and speculation doesn't do us much good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom