• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

Fig

The Altruist
and yeah this is pretty much exactly where I want kills coming out atm, personally

y'all can talk all you want about how activity isn't alignment but pretty much every slot that's posted more than Pen at this point has given me more reasons to townread them than the slots below

and that's not like a condition of being townread - I liked ALIT before he had posted more times than Pen, and in a world where Chevy was scum Kirino looked great

I just think there is, at this point, a bare minimum bar of towniness that all of these slots have failed to clear
You do realize you contradicted yourself with your attachment right? Chevy is right there as a low poster and was flipped town. Not only that but you were the main reason Chevy is now dead as you hounded and pushed for their lynch, claiming your logic made sense. I can say I was one of the few people at one point that never voted for Chevy (While there was one post I mentioned a vote on Chevy, because it was not officially counted by Pen and was even asked if I wanted to finalize my vote on Chevy but declined, it still qualifies as a non-vote in my eyes) because nothing made sense of it.

In the same vain, just because someone posts a lot doesn't mean they should be seen as town. You have over 200 posts more than the 2nd highest poster being Exlight. Your posts alone make a collective total of 29.4 pages, almost a third of this games responses. You're still posting so many times within a short time period, I still see it as spam even if there's actually context in those posts sometimes. There's no rush and you can crunch up most of your thoughts within one post to prevent spam.

It's for these reasons alongside your behavior towards me last Day is why I still don't see as town, neutral at best but I still have a negative connotation from you based on what has happened last Day.

regardless

obviously I whiffed on Chevy

which is definitely my bad, don't get me wrong

but Chevy flipping green doesn't mean that that list of four doesn't contain other scum lmao

like Deku/Viral are pretty certain based on the sensor result I think?

and so that's at least 2/4 barring any trickiness there

@Ragnarokio I think it's time to expand on that secret read as much as you can
when fig claimed doc i asked for a doc cc because i felt like it was unlikely that three protective roles (myself, fig, and some third person) exist which would make it likely that fig or the cc was fakeclaiming. I read the way deku reacted to me as them disliking that i called for a doc cc which made me feel like they were preparing for a protective-role claim down the line. I actually totally forgot about this until now but i still think its a point against them. I would have liked for them to claim before I did but it seemed unlikley that was going to happen.
@ExLight @Fig @Seanzie @Killjoy262

does Rag even have the ability to fake such a nuanced take on somebody? especially if that somebody is her partner, which is decently likely in the worlds where she's scum?

like I know I've brought these up for reference but

The more I read, the more it does, in fact, feel like Rag has been tunneling Fig a little too hard. I want to look into her again. I also hate her claim opinions this game, first asking Fig not to claim until the last minute, then asking for the town doctor to come and CC day 1. I don't see much issue with her forgetting which game Aqua was from though.
@DekuNut - think there's decent odds of either him or fig being scum if my perpendiculars are aligned correctly but i'm leaning more towards fig, so marginal town read on deku. this is a secret read though so please don't ask me about it.

I just have a hard time believing that this was faked

You have to either believe that

A - Rag was planning to fakeclaim a pseudo-protective, and decided to lay cover by reading somebody getting a bit mad at her for fishing for CCs as if they were setting up a protective fakeclaim, which Deku simply claiming to not have done intentionally would weaken significantly, and if they're partners would kinda force her to push Deku after Fig is eventually revealed to be town.

B - Rag wasn't planning any of that, and only constructed it in hindsight when I asked them what their secret read was. As such, they managed to come up with a literally perfect explanation for the exact phrasing of that read and their actions surrounding Fig that happens to work out flawlessly by pure chance.

frankly I'm not seeing it but maybe Rag is just that good

Fig

The Altruist

does Rag even have the ability to fake such a nuanced take on somebody? especially if that somebody is her partner, which is decently likely in the worlds where she's scum?
You make it sound like it's a game mechanic and not a human mechanic. Anyone can effectively fake a take on anyone if they have the talent for it. In fact, if you are really good, you can plan ahead to essentially plan your statements to be futureproofed by setting it up so that either conclusion from reading a person's posts can be deemed as non-alignment inducing.

Fig how do you plan to find people's alignments if Mafia are capable of doing literally anything

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Fext might be playing us, and pulling off an idiot savant. but i have no reason not to trust him right now

Unvote
Vote: Rag

now we are at L-2 Fext

Kirino

Tatakae
I’m Chika Fujiwara, the Cheater. I’m not sure if the loser is announced so that I can prove this, but I’ll ask Pen. I haven’t used my ability yet.
This is a mischaracterization of my reads. Nothing I've posted today has been based on how active people are. Even when people have limited posts, I've gone and examined their voting histories.
I was mostly referring to your D1 reads.

like I know I've brought these up for reference but

I just have a hard time believing that this was faked

You have to either believe that

A - Rag was planning to fakeclaim a pseudo-protective, and decided to lay cover by reading somebody getting a bit mad at her for fishing for CCs as if they were setting up a protective fakeclaim, which Deku simply claiming to not have done intentionally would weaken significantly, and if they're partners would kinda force her to push Deku after Fig is eventually revealed to be town.

B - Rag wasn't planning any of that, and only constructed it in hindsight when I asked them what their secret read was. As such, they managed to come up with a literally perfect explanation for the exact phrasing of that read and their actions surrounding Fig that happens to work out flawlessly by pure chance.

frankly I'm not seeing it but maybe Rag is just that good

It is a reasonably nuanced read, but also reeks of PT hunting, which is scummy.

Either way, for today it is a bit of a moot point IMO. Deku and Viral are both in "possible modkill" territory, so Im more concerned with Ex or Rag. At this point, Ex has a chance of confirming themselves if they're telling the truth, Rag does not.

It is a reasonably nuanced read, but also reeks of PT hunting, which is scummy.
eh

I'm not sold on that but it isn't impossible to see how you could end up there

Either way, for today it is a bit of a moot point IMO. Deku and Viral are both in "possible modkill" territory, so Im more concerned with Ex or Rag. At this point, Ex has a chance of confirming themselves if they're telling the truth, Rag does not.
I would argue that lynching a town and hoping the host modkills the people you actually wanted to kill is worse than lynching one of those people and hoping the host modkills the other

and at risk of looking like a complete fool if Rag flips scum, I really just don't see Rag ever flipping scum here

I really think it would be much better to sink Viral and hope nobody subs in for Deku, and then if either flips green we can get to figuring out Ex/Rag/You tomorrow based on more night results

eh

I'm not sold on that but it isn't impossible to see how you could end up there

I would argue that lynching a town and hoping the host modkills the people you actually wanted to kill is worse than lynching one of those people and hoping the host modkills the other

and at risk of looking like a complete fool if Rag flips scum, I really just don't see Rag ever flipping scum here

I really think it would be much better to sink Viral and hope nobody subs in for Deku, and then if either flips green we can get to figuring out Ex/Rag/You tomorrow based on more night results

I see and acknowledge your stance, but disagree that it is best. Eliming someone who is going to be modkilled is a waste of a TK. The TK is the single most efficient tool that town has at their disposal, so it is bad to waste. Plus, if we wagon Viral, the thread will just go into meh mode, and we won't get any good info from the last wolf. Wagoning Ex or Rag is more likely to give us a gamestate that is more conducive to wolf hunting.

Reactions: Fig
So you would rather waste a lynch to kill an inactive over reading an active?

Seanzie took the words right out of my mind as I was typing this:
I see and acknowledge your stance, but disagree that it is best. Eliming someone who is going to be modkilled is a waste of a TK. The TK is the single most efficient tool that town has at their disposal, so it is bad to waste. Plus, if we wagon Viral, the thread will just go into meh mode, and we won't get any good info from the last wolf. Wagoning Ex or Rag is more likely to give us a gamestate that is more conducive to wolf hunting.
Though, I'll say it anyway. It's far more productive to lynch a more active player than one that has a high chance of being mod killed. I even stand by this in PKs case even though his posts aren't really helpful.

Reactions: Fig

Pen

The game is on!
Day 2 Current Vote Tally:
Ragnarokio - 5 (ExLight, Fig, Seanzie, Killjoy262, Storm)
Viral Maze - 3 (Ragnarokio, Fext, A Link In Time)

Extension - 2 (Ragnarokio, ExLight)

Not voting - DekuNut, Morbid Minish, Viral Maze, Paranoid King, Kirino

With 13 players alive it takes 7 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Wednesday, October 13th 2021 at 7:00 PM EST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom