• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

Sadly, no one is ever around during the hours I have time to post, so I feel I am left on a lonely island.

Looking over Ex, I believe he was the first person to call Killjoy townie, which is a plus in my book, since it seems Killjoy is still relatively new to mafia, so it seems strange for a mafia member to eliminate a juicy mislynch. I feel like Ex defending Fig is also a good look for him. These kinds of plays make no sense for mafia. You don't want to pinch the mislynch pool. Ex expressed suspicion on Rag near the end of D1, which he's kept today.

I have a really hard time seeing Ex as mafia here. I think he's the most likely town out of him, Deku, Viral, and Rag.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 2 Current Vote Tally:
DekuNut - 1 (Storm)
Ragnarokio - 4 (ExLight, Fig, Seanzie, Killjoy262)
Viral Maze - 3 (Ragnarokio, Fext, A Link In Time)

Extension - 2 (Ragnarokio, ExLight)

Not voting - DekuNut, Morbid Minish, Viral Maze, Paranoid King, Kirino

With 13 players alive it takes 7 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Wednesday, October 13th 2021 at 7:00 PM EST.

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't see much of a point in going after Deku tonight, given that he might be modkilled. Likewise, nothing in his previous posts really pinged me, and his reasoning seemed sound enough. Ex is potentially confirmable, so it probably doesn't make sense to go after him today either. Rag is also viable, but I'd rather go for Viral. I think he makes sense as part of a scum team with any other member in this group, and his inactivity makes him more difficult to read than the others.

As for the remaining scum on the Chevy wagon, it would have to be between ALIT, PK, and Storm. PK is essentially a shot in the dark, and I haven't seen much talk about Storm, so I might have missed a claim or something; but he seems viable to me.

ALIT strikes me because his reasoning has seemed somewhat shallow throughout the game, with his D1 take on Rag being a good example. In general, a lot of his reads seem to depend solely on how involved or active people are: hence Chevy, PK, me, Ex, and Rag have all been scumread by him at some point for not contributing, which is a fairly low-effort way to read people. That said, my read on him would depend significantly on how Viral (or any of those in the group of four, really) flips.

I can claim if people want me to. Could also vote for an extension to give myself more time, but I feel like it'd have the opposite effect and just add 20 or so more pages to the thread.

Is this a natural point to break off and go look at something else when you're typing?

If you think that somebody has taken a joke at face value in a way that shows they are scummy, and are in the process of calling them out for it, do you really just run out of steam and go do something else with plans to come back?

I think what happened here is that Deku doesn't have a point and needed to go find one to support his claim, but forgot to actually fill in the blank when he got distracted by something else.

And I don't think Town needs to go find their point in a case like this.
I don't really see an issue with this. The way I post tends to be more controlled and cautious regardless of alignment, so it's pretty often that I look back for an old post or am not sure what exactly I want to say or how to word it, and end up moving onto another point. Could easily imagine Deku doing that and just forgetting to go back to it.

I don't see much of a point in going after Deku tonight, given that he might be modkilled. Likewise, nothing in his previous posts really pinged me, and his reasoning seemed sound enough. Ex is potentially confirmable, so it probably doesn't make sense to go after him today either. Rag is also viable, but I'd rather go for Viral. I think he makes sense as part of a scum team with any other member in this group, and his inactivity makes him more difficult to read than the others.

As for the remaining scum on the Chevy wagon, it would have to be between ALIT, PK, and Storm. PK is essentially a shot in the dark, and I haven't seen much talk about Storm, so I might have missed a claim or something; but he seems viable to me.

ALIT strikes me because his reasoning has seemed somewhat shallow throughout the game, with his D1 take on Rag being a good example. In general, a lot of his reads seem to depend solely on how involved or active people are: hence Chevy, PK, me, Ex, and Rag have all been scumread by him at some point for not contributing, which is a fairly low-effort way to read people. That said, my read on him would depend significantly on how Viral (or any of those in the group of four, really) flips.

I can claim if people want me to. Could also vote for an extension to give myself more time, but I feel like it'd have the opposite effect and just add 20 or so more pages to the thread.

I don't really see an issue with this. The way I post tends to be more controlled and cautious regardless of alignment, so it's pretty often that I look back for an old post or am not sure what exactly I want to say or how to word it, and end up moving onto another point. Could easily imagine Deku doing that and just forgetting to go back to it.

This is a mischaracterization of my reads. Nothing I've posted today has been based on how active people are. Even when people have limited posts, I've gone and examined their voting histories.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Awful post. We're still on Day 2 without a scum lynch, so going on autopilot is a bad idea even if Minish and Seanzie helped us a lot. We need to make as informed a decision which 2 of those 5 people are scum.
I'd like to think i'm not going on autopilot despite what i said. There's no reason not to continue putting in full effort even if victory seems almost certain, and its probably not as certain as i made it out to be earlier. With that said, I think the most productive discussion right now will probably still be planning night actions and lynches based around reducing POE rather than trying to scumread people, just because of how high-powered the game is. reading people is still productive, though.

I think lynching viral, having ex protect minish, and maybe having minish rolecop seanzie tonight makes the most sense currently.

@Kirino I have changed my mind and Storm is not Mafia

nor will he ever be

you're gonna need to do some hardcore work to convince me it's ALIT too

and while I can't speak for everyone I do think that the above opinions seem to be pretty commonly held at this point

also for some reason I thought we were on L-2 but I guess I was counting votes for Rag plus my own for some reason

I was tired lol

and yeah this is pretty much exactly where I want kills coming out atm, personally

y'all can talk all you want about how activity isn't alignment but pretty much every slot that's posted more than Pen at this point has given me more reasons to townread them than the slots below

and that's not like a condition of being townread - I liked ALIT before he had posted more times than Pen, and in a world where Chevy was scum Kirino looked great

I just think there is, at this point, a bare minimum bar of towniness that all of these slots have failed to clear

Attachments

• 1634024459169.png
    1634024459169.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom