• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Johnny I like almost everything you've had to say but this is straight incorrect

Unless you find a better target then lyncing an inactive who has given nothing to the game is the best choice on d1. D1 is a crapshoot anyway and it sets the precedence that the thread won't tolerate slank, which wolves love to do more the further the game goes.

Inactivity can also hurt town's chancss later in phases because eventually you have to address it and it gives wolves easy discussions in phases where they normally would have struggle to maintain acting natural.

And before yoy say it: Yes, replacements are also bad for town since they enter into games and 9/10 times don't bother to read previous phases, or at worst do and never "catch up" and never contributing. The replacement is never bound to any weird behaivor the slot has done before and has the excuses needed to coast a whole phase ("gotta give them a chance, guys!")

It's the number 1 reason Town on FFR will lose a game because everyone just relies on replacements and won't try to punish slank until like F5, the worst time to deal with it.

My vote probably stays on SunFan but lynching inactives is absolutely a valid d1 strat.
I dislike lynching inactives on Day 1 as a general principle. I find they usually don't grant any real information, and a smart mafia will make a similarly bland night kill to give town little information on D2, thus creating essentially another D1.

You could say scum often hop on easy D1 mislynches, and you'd be correct. You could also say they prefer to stay off for that very reason, and you'd also be correct. I find easy lynches like that just end up causing WIFOM and leave us scratching our heads, they don't really help town much at all unless it results in a mafia lynch, which I don't find happens all that often, especially with as many inactive players as this game has.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
I think what really bothers me about Rubik is that if he really believed I was scum then he should gun for me. That would only make sense

But he's legit just calling me scum and doing jack all in working through the thought process.

The fact that nobody else thinks anything of this fact looks bad on the lot of you

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
I dislike lynching inactives on Day 1 as a general principle. I find they usually don't grant any real information, and a smart mafia will make a similarly bland night kill to give town little information on D2, thus creating essentially another D1.

You could say scum often hop on easy D1 mislynches, and you'd be correct. You could also say they prefer to stay off for that very reason, and you'd also be correct. I find easy lynches like that just end up causing WIFOM and leave us scratching our heads, they don't really help town much at all unless it results in a mafia lynch, which I don't find happens all that often, especially with as many inactive players as this game has.

God and SunFan as my witness I've lived through like 50 games with inactives. Trust me I know how it goes down

Inactives contribute nothing, so if the d1 lynch is a crapshoot anyway youu always lynnch the inactive so you don't have to question the slot.

I've seen that inactive be wolf about as many times as they've been town but guess what? If they're town in this scenerio it still isn't a lost because an unfocuse d1 almoat always lynches a town anyway. The only difference is we lynch the town that doesn't help town over the one who contributes.

Kirino

Tatakae
This is the part of the post I was talking about. It felt off to me. The way he talked about not minding lynching Poy in the absence of a better target because it wouldn't be a great loss didn't give me town Kirino vibes. Sounds like a kinda planting seeds for a Poy lynch and then brushing off responsibility.
I like that analysis, and I agree. Activity hasn't seemed to be AI for Poy, and considering a lynch on inactives on D1 is scumplay in almost all cases, especially a game that's larger than our normal ones.

I don’t see it at all, since I’ve always been in favor of lynching inactives D1 and have given similar reasoning in multiple previous games in which I was town or 3rd party. Especially considering I have no real scumreads right now (hence, "in the absence of a better target"), lynching an inactive would be better than lynching someone else on a weak or nonexistent basis. It's one thing to disagree with this reasoning, but another to suspect me for it given how consistent I've been in this regard.

Speaking of which, I really like how Lar is playing and find it pro-town. That said, I'm not as critical of Rubik as he is. While he did suspect Lar, he admitted that it was weak and just based on a feeling, and that combined with his position against lynching strong players without sufficient evidence seems to explain his inaction. It's true that he's been at it for a while, but only because he keeps getting pressed to explain himself. I suppose he could be trying to set-up a basis for lynching Lar later, which I'll remember if it happens, but it seems just as likely he's being genuine given what I know of him. So while I don't take his position seriously, I don't necessarily scum read him for it.

Why? Cardboard isn't an answer btw
Cardboard is an answer, yes
I explained why earlier but his play had been hard reminding me of when he was scum
when he pushed back on me, it looked a little better, but after sleeping on it, I'm not sure I want to give it to him for just that

this game is active

does anyone know if there are any obvious self roles within pen's game pool which could explain sunfan's attitude?
out of the 10 games he's hosted, I'm sure there's got to be a few
seems like there's at least 2 every game you guys run on here

not lynching inactives is especially terrible on ZD because you can't even use the "im sorry guys i think they might be a really strong pr or something" because everyone is a strong pr on town

yes, its easy for the wolves to direct a lynch onto an inactive
this is still good for town because if you have to squeeze a stone to get blood out of it, smash it open to figure out why the **** there's blood coming out of a stone

I nailed that metaphor, btw, but there's really not much reason to leave inactives alive
I would be against lynching a complete 0 poster since they get first priority towards being replaced early

Personally I'm on the fence here. Mainly because "what if one of the inactives has a beneficial town role?" Yes I get the argument that "If they have a good role, then they should be active!" And before anyone asks "But Killjoy, what kind of role... blah, blah, blah?" To answer that, don't ask me, I'm the newbie. I'm still trying to get used to all of this, especially all of the acronyms y'all are using.

My honest opinion, I say we go off of what we have now, and if the inactives aren't talking by D2 or D3, go for them.

As for replacements, that's still a grey area for me.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I'm doubling down on my Jinjo vote. At the time i voted her I felt like she had been playing reactively and not posting much, primarily just responding to things that were easy to respond to and commenting on the few players here she was presumably familiar with. This is a natural reaction for a player who is thrown into an unfamiliar fast moving meta with a lot of unfamiliar players. In response to my attack (and others questioning her absence) however, she didn't defend herself by saying this, and instead just dropped a truckload of half-assed reads on the table.

I feel like avoiding the topic of having trouble interfacing with the game in response to being attacked suggests that she was afraid that it would look bad on her to say that, which I think is something scum would more likely worry about in her position than town would.

For this reason, Jinjo is my top suspect today, and I'd like to see her lynched.

Personally I'm on the fence here. Mainly because "what if one of the inactives has a beneficial town role?" Yes I get the argument that "If they have a good role, then they should be active!" And before anyone asks "But Killjoy, what kind of role... blah, blah, blah?" To answer that, don't ask me, I'm the newbie. I'm still trying to get used to all of this, especially all of the acronyms y'all are using.

My honest opinion, I say we go off of what we have now, and if the inactives aren't talking by D2 or D3, go for them.

As for replacements, that's still a grey area for me.
for almost anyone, activity is not related to how strong their role is
you're right that strong roles should be active, because everyone should be active

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom