• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pants, Tights, or Bare Legs

TheHeroOfLime

Excelling in Mediocrity
I guess tights or pants. I don't think him being young is any excuse for him to run around without pants on. I don't mind the new pants either, so either of those two are cool for me. (Of course I don't mind I he is bare-legged, but it's kind of awkward.)

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
If Link wears pants in SS, then I prefer tights. But honestly, I don't actually care. I'd be fine with either pants or tights. Bare legs just bugs me.

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
but when link was young he had under britches he had to

linkman8

True and Noble
To be honest, I'm going to have to go with pants just because I'm not fond of the whole no-pants thing, even though the romans did it with tunics. Tights are not too bad, but they're made fun of too much.

M

MrZach

When in the world did Link ever run around with bare legs? I sure don't remember it.

I prefer tights, though. That's how I always remember Link.

Djinn

and Tonic
When in the world did Link ever run around with bare legs? I sure don't remember it.

I prefer tights, though. That's how I always remember Link.

In Link to the Past he was pantsless.

link-falling.jpg

The only reason I could ever think of as why Nintendo did this is possibly to make the game more relatable to Japanese fans over western ones. As commoners sometimes did not wear pants with their long garments.

Commoners and peasant-types might wear short kosode only, with no pants, if the weather is warm. They may also wear cloth leggings around their shins. In cold weather, they will add trousers of similar cut to the hakama, but tighter and less wasteful of fabric. The outfit is similar to a twentieth-century jûdô gi.
http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/miscellany/dress.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom