• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Over World Type?

Which Type of Over World Do You Want?

• Condensed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Big and Bleak

• No Walking For You

• Specific

• Very Large With Content And Transportation

• Any Combonation of The Above Five

• Other

• Total voters
Hey, interesting thread here Kaz! This is something I've talked about in the past, actually, so I like having a thread to discuss it with. ^^

I've always wanted the type you refer to as "Specific". The original world maps had so much more. There was all kinds of things to do on it and it added so much depth to the game. In every other kind of overworld, there's hardly any exploration anymore. The world map has degraded into an annoyance that prevents you from continuing the game. The overworld is no longer an enjoyable experience in itself, IMO.

That's not to say I'm not a fan of the other overworld types, I just think it's been so long since we've seen this kind, and I really do think it's the best so it's high time it came back. And I think it's definitely possible with 3D. I don't really see why not.

B

BigHeadLink

I would like to see a twilight princess over world, about the size of the wind waker's, and full of towns, houses, enemies, and NPC's that all have a story to tell, and of course lots of side quests. This would just give it the epicness of riding through hyrule field in TP, the expanse of the world in WW, and the fullness and population of the world in MM.

I would like to see a twilight princess over world, about the size of the wind waker's, and full of towns, houses, enemies, and NPC's that all have a story to tell, and of course lots of side quests. This would just give it the epicness of riding through hyrule field in TP, the expanse of the world in WW, and the fullness and population of the world in MM.

I definitely have the same feelings about this. The world has to be large enough to truly make Zelda an adventure, specific enough for the gamer to want to interact with literally everything from the entire quest, to side quests, to made up quests, but at the same time it can't be so rich with detail that the gamer strays from his journey constantly. The game has to have a sense of direction as far as gamer interaction goes. This is something that I've been struggling to propose in my Zelda story line, The Cardinal Kingdom, where the world progresses as Link's experience does. He's the hero of Hyrule, some might say the world, but The Cardinal Kingdom is a sequel to past Zelda games, bringing forth a legit Zelda world, and this world is something Link has never traveled, so his experience will grow, enabling him to do more things, but restricting him from going too far astray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom