• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Other Floating Islands

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
I just saw the intro video and a thought popped up. When the goddess made skyloft, why did she bother to throw in all those other small floating islands? I believe there are no people on them, so why? :thinking:

An entire area could've been lifted into the sky as far as we know, perhaps some of this land mass broke away over the years or just drifted apart, or perhaps they were just part of the land she decided to send skyward. We'll have to wait and see!

Funny, this reminds me of the universe; vast, but mostly uninhabitable, save for earth (as far as we know). But anyway, who knows? They're might be another town, and even a dungeon above the clouds.

M

Miguel Fernando

Floating Islands of SS remember me LZAttp

Remember the floating islads of the official art work of Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past :O 214876-goldenland0_super.jpg

Ganondork

goo
Well, it could be for many different reasons. Perhaps the Goddess did a bit of a "Noah and the Arc" type deal. She took multiple species alongside the Hylians and brought them up to Skyloft so they could be saved. They may have been separated due to conflicts between certain groups. The Goddess may not have thought it entirely through and some of the less intelligent ones may have starved or even fallen off their floating island. It's possible that entire species died like this. This would leave many floating islands waiting to be explored by Link.

Or it used to be a single landmass. For whatever reason, bits and pieces of the land broke away but kept the floating properties and then formed a sea of floating islands. I think that it's very possible that this happened; Earth once had a single landmass as well. Of course, I have a concern towards that possibility. If they just broke off, then there will be minimal contents on the island, very much like on islands in the Great Sea.

I feel that the islands will be a good addition to the game overall, but I fear that some of our hours of exploring may just leave us with a single heart piece or rupee here and there.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Most likely just bits of rock came off the main landmass. It has been a long time since the land was raised into the sky and it is true that over long years bits of oak comes off of a bigger land mass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom