• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Origins of the Master Sword...and DARK LINK!

B

blackmoon

About the sages;

My understanding was the Earth and Wind sages played a different role to the other six/seven sages. They're prayers/existance/whatever were what allowed the Master Sword to have the power to repel evil. The other sages seem to play a different role, including wielding a similar sword seemingly used to put evildoers to death(seen in TP). Presumably they have similar origins, but the Master Sword is more powerful as it has the power of the Wind and Earth sages as well.

But I presume the 8/9 sages made it together.

I-Love-DarkLink

Dark Admirer
This seems cool and all, but it doesn't really make sense. The timeline I use (Ocarinahero10's slit-timeline) says A Link to the Past comes after Ocarina of Time, which has Dark Link in it. MY theory on Dark Link's origin is as follows: After the defeat of Demise by Link: The hero of Light, Link marries someone (Still working on who that would be, probably Zelda) and has two children. The older child, named Roaru, became a Mage and Scholar, becoming one of the leading minds in Hyrule's history, While the younger one became a protector of Hyrule and the Tri-force of Courage. Generations later, Roaru was the Sage of Light and A knight named Redorilinku (Pronounced RED-OR-ILL-INK-OOH) married a beautiful woman who bore him twin sons (Differing in age by 3 minutes). The first to be born was pale but strong boy with red eyes and white hair, and the second was a strong boy with blue eves and golden hair. Before the two parents could admire their new family, a loud noise came from the distance. A rival knight, a Gerudo named Ganondorf, had attacked their home. Redorilinku had taken his older son and told his wife to escape with the other to the nearby forest and hide. He went downstairs to the cellar with his son, gave him an amulet, and went to face Ganondorf. He was killed. Ganondorf explored the house and found the young child. Around his neck was a strange amulet reading a name. And that name was Redoriku. If you would like to know more send me an e-mail at [email protected] saying so. Know this is my opinion and you don't have to agree, so if anyone sends me a message complaining about using Non-Canon information, you can go stick it up your blowhole, cause I don't give a damn.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I'm pretty sure I saw the forging of the Master Sword in SS. Did we all forget that? The sages forging it was just retconned away with SS. The sages forging the Goddess Sword could change if nintendo goes farther back.

videogamenerd10

Indigo Child
I believe all the answers for the Master Sword and Dark Link is in Skyward Sword. As ihateghirahim stated above (you're username makes me wanna cry :( ), most of Skyward Sword was the process of forging the Master Sword. What about Dark Link, where did he come from? Well if you look at the ending of Skyward Sword (if you haven't beaten Skyward Sword, dont read the rest of my post), you fight the final boss, Demise, in a very interesting room. Once you beat him, he says, "My hate... never parishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again! Those like you... those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero... they are eternally bound to this curse." Now I know everybody is thinking Ganondorf, but let's take a look at the Dark Link fight in Ocarina of Time. Notice that you battle him in a room that looks almost exactly like the place where you fought Demise. So this means that Demise could be Dark Link; which also explains why Dark Link knows all of Link's moves, because he's fought him before in the form of Demise. But that's just my theory.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
This seems cool and all, but it doesn't really make sense. The timeline I use (Ocarinahero10's slit-timeline) says A Link to the Past comes after Ocarina of Time, which has Dark Link in it. MY theory on Dark Link's origin is as follows: After the defeat of Demise by Link: The hero of Light, Link marries someone (Still working on who that would be, probably Zelda) and has two children. The older child, named Roaru, became a Mage and Scholar, becoming one of the leading minds in Hyrule's history, While the younger one became a protector of Hyrule and the Tri-force of Courage. Generations later, Roaru was the Sage of Light and A knight named Redorilinku (Pronounced RED-OR-ILL-INK-OOH) married a beautiful woman who bore him twin sons (Differing in age by 3 minutes). The first to be born was pale but strong boy with red eyes and white hair, and the second was a strong boy with blue eves and golden hair. Before the two parents could admire their new family, a loud noise came from the distance. A rival knight, a Gerudo named Ganondorf, had attacked their home. Redorilinku had taken his older son and told his wife to escape with the other to the nearby forest and hide. He went downstairs to the cellar with his son, gave him an amulet, and went to face Ganondorf. He was killed. Ganondorf explored the house and found the young child. Around his neck was a strange amulet reading a name. And that name was Redoriku. If you would like to know more send me an e-mail at [email protected] saying so. Know this is my opinion and you don't have to agree, so if anyone sends me a message complaining about using Non-Canon information, you can go stick it up your blowhole, cause I don't give a damn.

Replying to the first part of your post....Nintendo released the official timeline I while back so this completely shoots down any other theories on the timeline including the heavily flawed "Ocarinahero10's" timeline theory.

Am afraid your theory is 100% speculation and it doesn't take into account any evidence from pre games in the series. Even though creative I think it's best to try and make a theory that has canon information as well as using the official timeline as your groundwork.

Last edited:

I-Love-DarkLink

Dark Admirer
WRONG! It was originally forged by the Goddesses as the Goddess' Sword to seal away Demise (That went to crap), and is re-forged as the Master Sword in Skyward Sword. (Yeah, I'm gloatin' now!)

Manga=Noncanon!

Talking about the Aganhim being a wizard/priest thing.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
WRONG! It was originally forged by the Goddesses as the Goddess' Sword to seal away Demise (That went to crap), and is re-forged as the Master Sword in Skyward Sword. (Yeah, I'm gloatin' now!)

First I don't know why you have an attitude towards me as I was trying to be nice but your original post said nothing about the Origin of the Master Sword and it was 100% based off your interpretation of what happened after Skyward Sword with no canon information to back it up, I said it was creative I just don't think it applies to a so called theory.

As to what you said here...The goddess sword was actually "Not" made by the 3 Goddesses, it was made by the Goddess Hylia as was Fi. Now this sword was stated to be created for the sole purpose of assisting Hylia's chosen Hero, that is why we forged it to become the eventual Master Sword. There is no evidence that links it to Hylia using the sword to seal Demise...

Last edited:

I-Love-DarkLink

Dark Admirer
First, I really need to pay attention to the Profile Names in this, cause I thought you were three different people!

Second, I'm not that far in Skyward Sword (Second province just unlocked) and I kinda peeked at the ending via Youtube, so sorry if I was a tad off! (Tad=Over 9,000!)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
First, I really need to pay attention to the Profile Names in this, cause I thought you were three different people!

Second, I'm not that far in Skyward Sword (Second province just unlocked) and I kinda peeked at the ending via Youtube, so sorry if I was a tad off! (Tad=Over 9,000!)

Well that's fine I just thought you where trying to troll for no reason but that doesn't seem to be the case. Anyway good luck with the rest of the game :)

I-Love-DarkLink

Dark Admirer
:ghirahim:
First I don't know why you have an attitude towards me as I was trying to be nice but your original post said nothing about the Origin of the Master Sword and it was 100% based off your interpretation of what happened after Skyward Sword with no canon information to back it up, I said it was creative I just don't think it applies to a so called theory.

As to what you said here...The goddess sword was actually "Not" made by the 3 Goddesses, it was made by the Goddess Hylia as was Fi. Now this sword was stated to be created for the sole purpose of assisting Hylia's chosen Hero, that is why we forged it to become the eventual Master Sword. There is no evidence that links it to Hylia using the sword to seal Demise...

I actually assumed everyone had already played Skyward Sword... BTW, would you happen to know if 1) There is a replica of Demise's sword available anywhere, and 2) Fi/The Master Sword and Ghirahim/Demise's sword were intended to look alike?

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
SS is a canon Zelda game. Everything in it is as official as OoT or and other game in the Timeline.

If you have not played SS, then you have no right to make any comment on the origin of the Master Sword. That is like commenting on the origin of the Ocarina of Time without playing OoT!

Huh, once again I must defend the game I set out hating because people fail to see why it isn't as good as other games.

I-Love-DarkLink

Dark Admirer
SS is a canon Zelda game. Everything in it is as official as OoT or and other game in the Timeline.

If you have not played SS, then you have no right to make any comment on the origin of the Master Sword. That is like commenting on the origin of the Ocarina of Time without playing OoT!

Huh, once again I must defend the game I set out hating because people fail to see why it isn't as good as other games.
Who are you talking to? Btw, I personally like Twilight Princess best, Because everything is just so Bad-***!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom