• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Origins - Alternate Theory

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
What does this thread means? Well this is just my attempt to question the timeline and other things.

Throughout History, there have been records of events and they were written down by people who were alive at the time. The only way for them to be credible if someone else has a match to that said information. How does this affect Zelda? Well While me and Athenian were chatting a few hours ago, I got this Idea.

Skyward Sword, is the first game, way before the events of Ocarina of Time. That would mean, we could see things in a different light, it could answer questions and could prove certain theories.

My main concern though is, we could see the origin of How Hyrule came to be, of how the Goddesses carved the land out of Chaos and gave it order. My thoughts of SS were that we could see the Goddesses of Hyrule as NOT Goddesses AT ALL. But beings of extraordinary power. Imagine this situation:

Skyloft is above Hyrule. Hyrule at the state, is chaotic and full of evil. Three mighty beings descended down and thwarted the problems and gave Hyrule the first sign of peace. The When those three left, they left a piece of their magic to Hyrule Hence the Triforce. The Hero Link, who descends down to help the "Goddesses" used the Skyward Sword to vanquish the evil. Then He left the Sacred Skyward Sword and it soon became the master Sword.

This scenario could well happen. People, unaware of beings in Skyloft at the time, would have treated them as Gods. Since they have no knowledge of such nature or of such power, one would simply assume of them being Gods or a work of force, like in reality, if we can't explain things, we either explain them through supernatural acts or through science.

Of course, the cause of this are all misunderstandings, no rather Interpretations of the people at the time.
The Skyward Sword descending could be another interpretation as well.

So my theory comes into being, the standard timeline that Nintendo gave the Split Timeline if you will, and then the alternate reality timeline. These coincide with each other. Like in Another Universe, Link is a child hero, and another like He is in Twilight Princess. All happen at the same time. It may seem confusing, but it makes sense a little bit.

I'll use Family guy as the example. You know the episode Road to the Multi-verse? Where Brian and Stewie jump across each universe and experience an alternate reality but remain on the same timeline? Take Baby Stewie's original world, and Poodle Stewie's Universe. After the events of the Skyward Sword, OoT AND the Minish Cap happens at the EXACT same time. Minish Cap is followed by the Four Swords game. OoT is followed by what Nintendo told us about the Split Timeline. How about other games? Well I'll agree with what Athe told me in the SB, that Other games that didn't fit much in the Timeline could ALL have been alternate re-tellings of how Hyrule is, or how it was interpreted by someone from a certain game.

Then again, this theory has holes and is built up upon speculation BEFORE the E3 event. And it could BREAK into nothing after the game is released, so let the disproving begin.

My point here is the timeline really consistent? Some of them contradict each other. Or is this applicable as the Passing World Myths and Legends.
You say a story in say the year 100, then that story is being retold over and over again, with a build up of minor alterations made by the storytellers and in today, we have the same story, but with alterations to it's original one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom