• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Oracles Or Links Awakening

Oracles Or Links Awakening

• Oracle Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Links Awakening

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Easily the Oracles. Links Awakening was pretty good for its time, but it suffered from some of the elements the previous three had. A great step forward overall, but it has been improved.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
For me, it's Link's Awakening, hands down. I've never actually played the Oracles, but I've seen them, and Link's Awakening looks better to me. My opinion might change if I actually get to playing them, seeing as they do have the password system. I dunno. I voted for LA in the poll though

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oracles because I too easily get lost - not confused but just LOST -in Link's Awakening.

For a purchase, I'd still recommend OoX.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
how was it better done

I like the LttP feel in LA. Gameplay is better in my opinion. You get a lot of the same good gameplay that made aLttP so great.You get both puzzles and combat instead of having to choose like in the Oracles. I like the soundtrack in LA more- I find myself humming "I'm in a cave" and the Ballad of the Windfish a lot. The story is better in LA, despite being pretty minimal in all three games. The code system for the oracles is kind of annoying too. Don't get me wrong, they are all great games and I recommend you play all three at some point, but I like LA better.

For me, it's Link's Awakening, hands down. I've never actually played the Oracles, but I've seen them, and Link's Awakening looks better to me. My opinion might change if I actually get to playing them, seeing as they do have the password system. I dunno. I voted for LA in the poll though

This. A little unfair for me to vote LA w/o playing the Oracles, but Link's Awakening still has one of the better stories compared to modern Zelda games.

ScouseOctorok

An avid Blue
I'd say LA only because I really did not like Seasons. Ages is fantastic but Seasons was just.. blech. Besides the fact that LA is the first Zelda game I beat.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I haven't actually played the Oracles, but I have watched them in action via live streams, and I think I can accurately say that Link's Awakening is superior to both of them, especially Seasons. I'll be able to judge for sure once I get them on the eShop at the end of this month, but I doubt I'll have a different opinion.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
LA. LA has a dark plot and interesting combat-setup. The Oracle games are really an offshoot of LA. They're totally dependent on LA for their look and design. I totally love LA. I enjoyed the fact that Zelda went out of Hyrule and introduced a dark plot (it did MM before MM to a small extent.). The story actually interested me. I thoroughly enjoyed the dungeons and difficulty. It's not perfect, but it has a certain charm the Oracle games lack. The Oracle games are very fun, but they simply lack the unique charm of LA>

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I vote for the Oracles. Oracle of Ages is one of the best Zelda games made, and Oracle of Seasons, while not being as great, is still better than Link's Awakening.

Link's Awakening every time. I really do not like the Oracle games they feel weaker in every regard to me when compared to Link's Awakening. LA is a lot more fun, has a more interesting storyline, the characters are odd and intriguing, the overworld has a better flow to it (at least to me) the dungeons and bosses are much better than those in the Oracle games. There is no stalling in LA when compared to the abysmal missions that the Oracle games have you do like re-finding al of your weapons and buying back some of your items.

The ending to LA is a lot more emotional too and LA just overall for me felt like the better game to play. of course it is highly dated now, more so than the Oracles but the Oracles didn't do anything special and felt uninspired and shamelessly ripped from LA's engine, none of the puzzles or characters in the Oracle games felt interesting either, they were just far too bland.

Just my opinion though

H

holmesn89

Oracles. I loved Awakening but overall the two worlds of Ages/Seasons are more appealing. LA felt like one dungeon after the other without enough substance in between and its replay value was substantially less than the others. Admittedly Seasons is much the same way, but the worlds were done better, there were plenty of interesting sidequests, and the dungeons themselves were throwbacks to the original Zelda.

Between the two games, Ages stands alone the strongest, with its original dungeons, items, and techniques, but I prefer Seasons due to its overworld and the fact that there was only one time when you had to do a minigame in order to get farther (Subrosian Dance) rather than Ages (Wild Tokay, Sword Baseball, Target Carts, Goron Dance x2, that stupid one where you have to jump to avoid bombs for a whole minute or whatever it was). Not to mention that the music for Horon Village was FAR superior to that of Lynna City.

Link's Awakening is still one of my favorite games, but I can't legitimately compare it to its handheld competitors. There's also a number of things I skipped over, particularly the rings, seeds, and even some of the bosses. Point being that they're all good games, but the Oracle series surpasses them in many aspects. And now begins the arguments.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
My only issue with LA is that it felt like it was trying as hard as it could from keeping its story deep and emotional--especially towards the end. But to be fair, I played LA awhile later after it was released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom