• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Oracle of Ages Question

Ok, I have recently finished Oracle of SEASONS, and am now into my file on oracle of AGES. After finishing seasons, I wrote the password down and entered it when starting my ages file. So in other words, I am playing oracle of ages as a sequel version to oracle of seasons.

My question is: What exactly is the difference between the SEQUEL version of oracle of ages, and the NORMAL (non-sequel) version of it? I know that in the sequel version, certain things are mentioned, such as Link defeating onox etc... has much else changed?

Same question applies to seasons too, I guess.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I played Seasons as the sequel to Ages, so there's not much help I can give you :/, The baby you named in Seasons will be grown up and have the same name in this game, I know that. In the linked Seasons, Queen Ambi visits multiple times and talks about her lost love. Mostly just some text will be changed around. And you will most likely meet Zelda

I did the password thing, but I can't remember which order I did it. I know for sure I noticed some text changing, but other than that and the final boss fight I can't remember any other changes. I think it also might remember some of the rings you acquired in the other game. I will want to play it again doing it both ways.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Fighting Twinrova and Ganon and defeating them is actually not the only difference with the linked game. During the linked game, Link starts off his quest with the L-1 sword and an extra heart container. The Hero's Cave is replaced with a Cave of Ordeals-esque dungeon, where Link needs to have every item in the game to defeat the dungeon. Princess Zelda will appear and get herself kidnapped, and Link must rescue her. However, unlike most Zelda games, after Princess Zelda is rescued, the game is not done, and Link must continue with the plot. In Oracle of Ages, Queen Ambi tells you about her long lost love, and through the connected game, she finds this love of hers in Subrosia (the place where Oracle of Seasons takes place). Another difference is that after defeating Ganon, another password is given, and in this file, a Victory Ring is given to you (for defeating Ganon). There are several mini trading sequences in the linked games that involve Link getting a password form one person in one game and telling it to another person in the other game for some reward.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom