• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Opinions on Midna?

I'm just very curious to hear the internet's general consensus on Midna, like how do y'all feel about her? Personally I absolutely loved her and thought she was definitely a great addition to the Zelda Universe. She's probably my favorite character overall besides Impa.

She's my favorite Zelda character.
I think that her imp form is absolutely adorable and I think that she definitely had great character development and a great story, for being small and cute, she definitely hides a lot and that is revealed when she is reverted back to her true form.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I like Midna. She's an interesting character. Probably my favorite companion in any Zelda title so far.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
She's my favorite Zelda character.
*looks at username*
image.jpeg

And I agree with you guys. She's a great character. She's one of the few companions to have a story arc, and her arc was probably the best companion arc, because you got to know her more over time, and she changed a lot over the course of the change. She may be the best case of character progression in the entire series. Plus, they put so much thought into her design. Both her forms were very well made.

*looks at username*
View attachment 37689

And I agree with you guys. She's a great character. She's one of the few companions to have a story arc, and her arc was probably the best companion arc, because you got to know her more over time, and she changed a lot over the course of the change. She may be the best case of character progression in the entire series. Plus, they put so much thought into her design. Both her forms were very well made.
Looking at the art concepts and designs for her in Hyrule Historia, it was evident that they spent a lot of time on her design. Her story is so developed and thought out, it's almost like they could make a game based on TP where Midna is the protagonist, like there is enough information and story there for that to be able happen. She is one of the most unique companions in the Zelda series with having a story that is as in depth as hers.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
That's what I think part of the appeal is to Midna. She actually has development and character. With Navi it just feels like, "Here's a fairy. She'll help you with ****. Tatl felt the same, but to a lesser degree, because she showed a bit more personality. With Fi, it felt kind of the same with Navi, except she dances, and does more math. The King of Red Lions was somewhere between. I guess when it comes to companions for me;
1. Midna
2. King of Red Lions
3. Ezlo
4. Zelda
5. Tatl
6. Fi
7. Navi

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I don't really get the Midna hate. She is definitely one of the better companions (King of Red Lions is my fav :D) and is probably one of the few characters in Zelda to have good development. Unlike other characters, I never felt like her development was forced or unnatural in anyway. Not to mention, she looked great in both of her forms, but I think every character looked great in TP. And who can forget the badass moment when she used the Fused Shadows and became a terrifying multi-armed monster.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
The reason I disagree is because, while we learn lots about them, they don't really change drastically. Going from using Link as a slave to almost sacrificing her life for him. And it went so seamlessly.
Your opinions are okay, I'm simply comparing mine

The reason I disagree is because, while we learn lots about them, they don't really change drastically. Going from using Link as a slave to almost sacrificing her life for him. And it went so seamlessly.
Your opinions are okay, I'm simply comparing mine
One thing I really enjoyed about the King of Red Lions is that we have to infer about his main motives from the start of the game compared to the end of the game based on the many clues we have. It goes much deeper than him just being the King of Hyrule, it also goes into him having connections to other deities that were originally in Hyrule, and how he gave up the Kingdom and the Triforce that he had craved for because he simply wanted the children to make their own future instead of having him decide it for them.

Ezlo kind of has a similar character development to Midna, but I just feel like Ezlo's just flowed a lot smoother as he gradually warmed up to Link and he eventually saw Link as the true hero he was by the end of the game (as well as giving him the green hat that compliments the rest of his outfit.)

Feverish

Source of stink
Midna looks fine as hell
midna.png
*sweats*
Also she has an aesthetic to her that I really like. She's darker than most characters (or as most people put it, edgier) So she's one of my favorites too.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
i am super lukewarm about her character, which is interesting since this is my 2nd favorite zelda game
i guess i was null to her character development since i was still pretty young when i first played the game,so that kind of stuff just went past me [definitely not to say I didn't feel anything for her, but the attachment wasn't quite there]

overall,she's ok

WindFishTacos

"Look at those sideburns...that's true grit!"
I love Midna, top of the list for Links companions. She was a well developed character. I dunno if anyone else felt this way, but the whole game (until the end) I was wondering who is the twilight princess, is it Midna or Zelda?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Midna is Links best companion and one of my favorite characters. No other companion character has the development that she does. I love her mischievous nature and the way she is cold to Link at first as well as indifferent to the fate of the humans but as he helps her she warms to him and even begins to care about the fate of the world of light as well. I think towards the end she even develops some romantic feelings for link.

Her breaking the mirror at the end is one of the saddest moments in a game for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom