• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda OoT3D Grave Yard Heart Piece Glitch, Get As Many As You Want.

Hey Dungeoneers I stumbled onto this glitch a long time ago so I don't know how well known it is, but here it is, essentially you can get as many heart pieces from the grave yard digging mini game as you want, you only require rupees for this glitch and of course patience.

After getting the heart piece from the digging mini game leave then return and start playing it again you should eventually get another heart piece then leave and return again, by repeating this process you can theoretically complete as many heart containers as you want though I should worn all of you that giving your selves more than the limit of 17 heart containers can cause visual glitches on the lower screen that seem to get a little worse with each container you add, the glitch doesn't seem effect anything as long as you don't exceed limit.

I gave my self three extra heart containers in one of my saves at one point, if you combine the grave yard glitch with the Navi dive glitch you could possibly complete all 17 heart containers before even entering the Deku tree.

Hope you guys and gals enjoy this glitch if you didn't know about it before this thread.

Note this glitch only seems to be available in OoT3D.

Last edited:

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
...Really?

I'm surprised that they'd make such a careless mistake. That seems... kind of important not to screw up, you know? And really easy to fix, especially if it was working properly in the original.

Now I'm nervous. I'm missing two Heart Pieces on my Master Quest file, and I'm unsure which they are. I was playing the Gravedigging game a while back to see if that was one that I'd missed. I went around the whole graveyard and didn't get one, so I assumed I already had it. I'm really, really glad I didn't get a second one, if I DID already get it... Gosh dangit. Now I can't even try that game again. I just have to hope that the graveyard WASN'T one of the two I'm missing... -.-

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
Wait the Navi dive glitch still works in OoT3D? Hmmm....

Anyways, that's one awesome glitch. Too bad I don't have a 3DS.

You can afford to get a few extra heart pieces from the grave yard, just make sure you don't have more than three from the grave yard mini game and you won't be getting an extra heart container, and one extra heart container doesn't cause very serious visual glitches on the lower screen, this glitch may also give players the ability to complete all heart containers with out beating bosses or collecting the other pieces.

Yep the Navi dive glitch still works I've used it to escape the forest at the beginning of the game so I could do some stuff and get a few things early before entering the Deku tree.

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
This glitch actually exists? :O You my friend truly have an eye for adventuring. As Heroine previously stated, this glitch seems just a little weird given the fact the heart pieces are pretty much important to the franchise and thus I would believe that the developers would be focused on preventing such key factors from creating a form of glitch. I would personally would like to try out this glitch but I don't want to risk a game file too. I'll just copy paste my second file into my third and test the glitch from there! On another note, yes the Navi dive glitch still works! Can't wait to do a speed run! :D

Yeah as far as I've experienced there's only been varying levels of glitched visuals on the lower screen in regard to side effects but I will be attempting to add a full third row of heart containers to a copy of a complete file to test for other possible side effects.

As to how such a glitch exists, I believe it has something to do with the random generation of the heart pieces location, basically the program that produces the heart pieces location just doesn't shut off after the first piece is found so it just keeps running its cycles until it randomly generates a new heart piece in a random location.

It would actually be pretty easy to miss a glitch like this.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Hmm... That sounds interesting. I might copy my file to another slot and try it, but I don't imagine myself getting all that many heart pieces because I am extremely impatient with that game.

Can't believe the developers didn't notice that though, as that is a pretty important gameplay element.

The navi dive glitch allows link it fall through water as if it wasn't there, its done by performing links third sword swing patern then talking to navi, link steps back when talking to people but he steps a little further back after the third sword swing form, this can only be used in certain places like by the pool of water in the lost woods, after link falls through the water you can swim through the hole that takes you to the water fall out side of the Zora's domain, I sometimes use this to leave the Forrest before entering the Deku tree.

Here's a link to a video to show how its done.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wWYT_FEahbA

zenda

master of the sword
that's awesome which graveyard game is it? the digging or the race?

Digging mini game, to better explain things I edited my main post so that it now says digging mini game, all you need to do is dig until you get a heart piece then leave, return and dig again, by repeating this you should continue getting heart pieces, you can exceed the normal amount of heart containers normally available with this glitch, but this can cause visual glitches on the lower screen.

Using the glitch itself doesn't seem to cause any side effects, but overusing it by adding extra heart containers will cause visual glitches that are varied depending on how many extra containers you've added, these glitches only seem to effect the lower screen and only on a visual level.

You should be able to complete all of the heart containers with this glitch without side effects.

Note I have yet to fully test this glitch, the grave yard digging glitch only appears to exist in OoT3D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom