• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time OOT Link and Zelda's back ground.

Hero Of Termina

Sadder than ever
What do we know about Link and Zelda's background? Sure they were both born in Hyrule, but, who where they born from as in, lets say, are they brother and sister? I think they are. They have a lot of relation to each other. :(

Last edited:
It's true it could be a plausible assumption that Link and Zelda have a similar, or even related background. However, I definitely don't think they are related as siblings.

For one, Zelda lives with her father, the king, and Link doesn't have any parents. Evidently his mother died after bringing him to the Kokiri Forest, and we can assume that Link's father died in a war, supposedly the war that takes place before Ocaina of Time.
If Link and Zelda were brother and sister, why would Link be brought to the forest to live and Zelda remain with her father in Hyrule castle?

On the contrary, you could argue that this is because Link was seperated because of someone knowing his destiny, although I don't think that is very likely.

Agreeing with Moosh :), it would be sick, but it's still perfectly plausible. For one game at least. I can see it happening in one game, but to have it happen for every single Zelda Game, it just seems to not possible.

Hero Of Termina

Sadder than ever
Maybe, Links mother died in the war and before she died, she brought him to Kokiri Forest while Zelda escapes with her father, the king. :(

Last edited:

Kazumi

chagy
Well.......... I have considerd this before and Axle and I were talking about it and it does seem very plausible. But I think it would be more likely cousines and really they do have alot in comin but there is no reason that we know of for Link to not live in the castle. Also yes that would be very sick *pukes for the 3rd time* but since there is no proof ZeLink is still a valid pairing.*pukes*

EDIT: But if Link and Zelda are brother and sister would that mean that the queen was dieing and brought Link to Kokiri Forest? And wouldnt that mean that Link would be reconized as The Prince or some other Noble?

Maybe, Links mother died in the war and before she died, she brought him to Kokiri Forest while Zelda escapes with her father, the king.

My hole argument there is, why would she do that? If Link's father is the king, and Zelda remained with him during the time Link was growing up in the forest, why didn't Link's mother leave Link with the king?

Besides, this would bring up the question, 'how could Link be the son of the king and still no one know of it'? Albeit, why does everyone keep you out of the castle, if he were to be the son, likely first-born, of the king, wouldn't people know of it. It would seem that the king would inform people of him, unless his absence caused people to forget who he is.

Hero Of Termina

Sadder than ever
My hole argument there is, why would she do that? If Link's father is the king, and Zelda remained with him during the time Link was growing up in the forest, why didn't Link's mother leave Link with the king?

Besides, this would bring up the question, 'how could Link be the son of the king and still no one know of it'? Albeit, why does everyone keep you out of the castle, if he were to be the son, likely first-born, of the king, wouldn't people know of it. It would seem that the king would inform people of him, unless his absence caused people to forget who he is.
His absence DID cause people to forget about him.:(

Last edited:

Kazumi

chagy
Ummmm........ If Link was Zelda's sister somone would know. Also im pretty sure they would be twins because they are so similair and are the same height. And acually in OoT Zelda is slightly taller then Link. But Zelda still would be the heir because Link would be auctioned off to some princess in another land. (I think) *pukes for the 7th time*:yuck:

Height doesn't always matter. My sister is 6 years older than me and I'm 5 inches taller than her. And I would agree that someone would know, but it doesn't have to be that way. Knowledge can be lost. It happens.

Kazumi

chagy
*is still dead*x.x I know that but I just wanted to say about the height thing cause in all the fanart Link is taller then Zelda and that makes me angry.:mad:
But your right knowledge does get lost but somone would have to know or they would have it in royal birth records. *pukes from the dead*:yuck:

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Yeah, I highly doubt that they are siblings. I think the explanation given in the manga is actually the most plausible assumption. In the manga it says his parents had lived in Castle Town, and his father was a soldier who died in the war. His mom was wounded and went to the forest etc.

I've always thought that it was very possible Zelda and Link were siblings.

Especially considering that when Link tells Zelda his name, she says it sound familiar...

Kazumi

chagy
That is true but there is to much evidence against it. I wonder why she says its familiar. Do you think Nity forgot about that? *pukes* This is the first sane thread I have posted on in 30 mins. *pukes* ugh.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom