• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT Fishing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

boomerang

I'm trying to catch the biggest fish the get the golden scale which I believe you need to get to the water temple (is that right?). anyway I followed exactly the way it's done in the video walk through and I can't do it. The big fish keeps ignoring me. I follows the bait for a little then swims away. what am I doing wrong?

also sometimes a fish hooks on and I get it to where it's almost caught & then it just stays flopping in the shallow water for ever and ever & I never catch it & it doesn't get away. is that normal?

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
You do not need it to get in the water temple, so if thats all your doing it for then you can stop.

However if you want to do it anyways, yes that stuff is normal. The big fish are real jerks to get, and it mostly takes patience, just like real life.

Also theres that cheat with the sinking lure of whatever, I'm not sure how to get that though, try googling it.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
You should search for The Sinking Lure.

From ZD fishing pond guide.

- After catching a 10 pounder (past) or 15 pounds (future), you'll be able to find the Sinking Lure. It can be found in a few locations but you'll have to find it again every time you leave. It's invisible, so just walk around the following areas until you find it:

* on the arched log.
* next to the three rocks at the end of the feeder stream.
* in the grass on the outside wall.

- After you get it, catching the really big fish will become a sinch, as they love this thing. It's especially useful for catching the infamous, Hylian Loach (see below). But sadly all the fish you catch with it are deemed "illegal." Unless of course you say pretty please to the Fisherman.

- You can keep the fish you catch with the Sinking Lure by talking with the fisherman and choosing "Let's talk about something." After that, go ahead and weigh your fish and he'll let you keep it.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I'm trying to catch the biggest fish the get the golden scale which I believe you need to get to the water temple (is that right?). anyway I followed exactly the way it's done in the video walk through and I can't do it. The big fish keeps ignoring me. I follows the bait for a little then swims away. what am I doing wrong?

also sometimes a fish hooks on and I get it to where it's almost caught & then it just stays flopping in the shallow water for ever and ever & I never catch it & it doesn't get away. is that normal?
if your trying to get into the water temple then you need to go back to where jabu jabu was and you will find the iron boots. Another thing while you are back their is that you need to take some blue fire to king zora to get the zora suit. These are the items you need to get into the water temple. And the only thing the gold scale is good for is getting a couple of different heart pieces.

edit: for the second part of the question. The reason it is flopping around is you arent near enough to the water. To catch the fish easier walk into the water close enough where you arent swimming but still standing. Then try to catch a fish and you will see a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom