• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT Currently Confirmed to Come First in the Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://moshata.deviantart.com/art/SS-News-pgs-5-and-6-173687954#/d2vepzq

Basically, it's a new interview with Aonuma about SS.

This is what he says: "I think we’ve talked with the media about this before, about Ocarina of Time being sort of the oldest story in the Zelda timeline, but, of course, in Ocarina of Time the Master Sword already exists, so it's obviously safe to say that this takes place before Ocarina of Time."

Other things confirmed:
-The demo area represents an early stage in the lower world, confirmed NOT Skyloft. Thus the Volcano, Watery area and forest can all be determined to be Hyrule.
-Zelda is confirmed to be in the game.
-Once again says this takes place before OoT, and refers to OoT as being the 'Oldest Story'
-Epona will not be a Pegasus (unless they change that aspect of the game between now and then)
-Flight will not be Kid Icarus style, so probably a machine or mount of some kind.

It is one of the most debated topics in the zelda theorizing community. If you didn't read the post well (and you didn't), I'll repeat, Aonuma confirmed OoT is [currently] the first game in the timeline in an interview about SS.

Mods feel free to move the thread if you think this is not the most appropriate place for it...

"I think we’ve talked with the media about this before, about Ocarina of Time being sort of the oldest story in the Zelda timeline, but, of course, in Ocarina of Time the Master Sword already exists, so it's obviously safe to say that this takes place before Ocarina of Time." Aonuma jsut confirmed there that ZSS is before OoT. You must have not read your own post. :P

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Smert's not stupid. He means OoT is first now, and when SS comes out it will be the new first game.

This is all good news for me! I'll go read it now and add it to the resources thread.

I'll try to explain yet again. Completely ignoring SS, considering it wasn't released yet, Aonuma just confirmed that "Ocarina of Time [is] sort of the oldest story in the Zelda timeline"...

This means that people who place the FSS before OoT are wrong.

I don;t really want to argue against a mod's actions here, but this thread is about the timeline, not about SS, so I dont think this is the best place for it to be...

"I think we’ve talked with the media about this before, about Ocarina of Time being sort of the oldest story in the Zelda timeline, but, of course, in Ocarina of Time the Master Sword already exists, so it's obviously safe to say that this takes place before Ocarina of Time."

Keywords to not use confirmation. It is like saying people assume, it is not that it officialy is, just what the audiance beleives or is soposed to beleive but not nessisarely true or accurate. All he is really confirming is that:

"I think we’ve talked with the media about this before, about Ocarina of Time being sort of the oldest story in the Zelda timeline, but, of course, in Ocarina of Time the Master Sword already exists, so it's obviously safe to say that this [ZSS] takes place before Ocarina of Time."

Then again, this my easily be a mistranslation so what do I know? =S

Post Script: I am not saying I do or do not beleive that OoT is first not including ZSS, I am saying he worded it in a certian way.

He said he will never say a game comes first because they might always make a new game to come before it. Thats why he said sort of... You should take things into context before trying to annalyze the quote....

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
Smertios you are correct I don't see why people keep arguing when they say the same thing in each post, just using more words. Yes OOT is the earliest released game in the time line as of yet. And when SS comes out it will take place before OOT becoming the earliest game in the timeline to date.

Hope this cleared up some of the confusion! :)

Vibed

must read before he posts
Well, this IS posted in the SS section, so people would assume you're talking about SS.........

EDIT: Also, maybe Aonuma was, at the time, disregarding the FS series.

Last edited:

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
What he's saying is that this disproves the crazy theories that MC comes first.

Flight will not be Kid Icarus style, so probably a machine or mount of some kind.
Now I'm really looking forward to what the flight will be like. I just got this issue in the mail today, haven't read it yet. I think I'll go do that now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom