• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oracle Of Seasons/Ages OOS/OOA 3 Heart Run

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I am planning on starting a 3 heart run on both of these games. I would like to know how many of you have tried a three heart run on these games and how difficult it is. I would also like to know which one you think I should try to beat first. I personally think I will do OOA first because I like it more then I like OOS.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Do which ever you like most first. Both are incredibly hard to 3HC unless you have some damage control in the form of Protection Ring, but note you should only ever use that when going against the later bosses, not against regular enemies. I recommend the Red Ring as well, if you can manage. I don't personally remember 3HCing either game simply because both are incredibly hard to play (I can play OoS without any trouble without restrictions, OoA eats my mind away though), but I'm sure with the trouble I had playing without restrictions, I'd pretty much be on a tight leash if playing 3HC.

If you play OoS, I recommend Prot Ring when fighting any boss from Dungeon 5 onwards. I've never obtained that Blue Ring, but I hear it gives you (2x?) Defense at no repercussion to your attack rating, so that will be a plus if Prot causes more damage than having double defense. I would generally have Red Ring, Blue Ring, and Prot Ring as the 3 rings always in the box, but that is just me. Take it slow and steady and try not to ragequit!

Last edited:

Ice Sage

these are words
I say to do whichever one you want to do first. I've done a three heart run on OoA, and the only hard parts would be the bosses and mini bosses for me. The hardest fights would have to be Vire (or whatever that flying deomon/imp is called) and definitly Veran. For Veran expect to die, a lot, even with a potion and the blue ring.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Thank you all for the advice. I know where to get the blue and red ring's though since you cant get them until later in the game that will make the first part of the game a little more difficult. I had never heard of the Protection Ring but now that I have looked it up I am most likely going to have to have it to get through tough bosses, mini bosses and enemies. One question I have for you all is do you know any quick ways to make easy money with which to use to buy the Magic Potions.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Personally I just chop grass repeatedly, open up chests in dungeons, and tehre are a couple of trees you can burn with the Ember Seeds that lead to a Moblin-type character who gives you money. Be careful though, there are some who take your money instead! xD

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Personally I just chop grass repeatedly, open up chests in dungeons, and tehre are a couple of trees you can burn with the Ember Seeds that lead to a Moblin-type character who gives you money. Be careful though, there are some who take your money instead! xD
Oh I remember finding a couple of those in OOS they helped a lot in my playthroughs. Thank you all for the advice I'm going to go get started on this run now because Im excited to at the least see how for I can get (though I expect myself to most likely beat the game especially since I beat a 3 heart run of MC.). Thank you all again.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You're welcome! I hope you do well with your quest! Remember not to get too angry! :xd:

Ice Sage

these are words
A quick way to get money (at least in OoA) is to dig and you can usually find quite a bit of money. It might take a few screens to get the large rupee though. Good luck. By the way you never said, which game are you playing first?

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
A quick way to get money (at least in OoA) is to dig and you can usually find quite a bit of money. It might take a few screens to get the large rupee though. Good luck. By the way you never said, which game are you playing first?
Im working on OOS first. But If I get stuck I will switch over to OOA.

Garo

Boy Wonder
OoS is more combat based, so I think you'll have more difficulty there than in OoA; I'd go for OoA first so you can get the hang of basic combat, and will have a much smoother curve in OoS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom