• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ONM Scans - SS Aonuma Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Scans of a recent Aonuma interview in ONM, retrieved from 'Triforce of the Gods' of ZI, who retrieved it from 'windwackster' on ZU:
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
page 2 said:
But of course if you look on the weapons menu you will see a question mark - a couple of question marks, in fact - and those are new items that aren't available today.
My understanding is that all three items that weren't revealed in the demo are new ones.
page 2 said:
Basically what leads Link on his adventure is the Skyward Sword. When that sword is actively guiding Link it actually transforms into a feminine figure. I wouldn't say that it's a female per se, but it's a feminine figure. [...] It would be kind of nice to keep this a mystery but I can tell you right now that it is not Zelda.
Aonuma describes who the 'mysterious figure' is a little more.
page 3 said:
Yes, there is a master timeline but it is a confidential document! The only people to have access to that document are myself, Mr. Miyamoto and the director of the title. We can't share it with anyone else!
This is a very welcome confirmation. I was beginning to think that the last time he said this it just had four or five games on it and wouldn't be updated in the future. Glad to see he still cares.
page 3 said:
this title [Skyward Sword] takes place before Ocarina of Time.
Okay, now it's official.
Also, I'm going to have fun with this next quote in a few "FS first" threads:
page 3 said:
If I said that a certain title was 'the first Zelda game',[sic] then that means that we can't ever make a title that takes place before that!
I think this finishes off his previous quote about FS for good, though I'm sure that the people it affects would disagree.
page 4 said:
...the land beneath the clouds, which has been captured and ruled by evil forces. The juxtaposition between the two worlds is very important.
He stresses the storyline importance separation of Skyloft and Hyrule again. We now know that the land beneath the clouds hasn't been ruled by evil forces forever, for whatever that's worth.
page 4 said:
Far from trying to please both crowds, Aonuma-san explains that this approach is simply a reflection of the game's character as well as its gameplay style.
Lol, that's almost exactly what I said in one of the SS graphics threads! (read the page for more details for why they chose the style.)

I would have edited this into the SS Resources thread, but I can sadly no longer edit that thread. I guess editing gets disabled after a while. If we get anything else I guess I'll have to post it here or in a new thread.

Brilliant.

-------------------------------------------------------

May I add, he mentioned that in past Zelda games there is a dungeon, a field, and a line between them. In this Zelda he says there will be larger fields and larger dungeons that don't really feel like fields or dungeons. Does this mean there won't be loading time for every area you walk into? Will it be what we all wanted in Twilight Princess but never got? Where it is a smooth transition between every area? Who know. I sure hope so though.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Every time I read an article like this, even if it's this late at night and I'm exhausted as can be, I still get all giddy and hyper with excitement for this game.

Especially when I read that part about there being less of a boundary between dungeon and field. Stumbling upon random areas infested with evil, exploring possibly creepy looking sections that really have no threats at all...This is going to be good. Lots of exploring. Like a real adventure. =)

Eskhandar

or khan he?
Ahhh! It's so fun and amazing to read stuff like this!

Getting those assuring responses from the man himself... it's wondrous.

Thank you for sharing this here! It's stuff like this that I look forward to!

Beeker

Wild Card
Wow, that article was awesome. It's so great to feel reassured on many of these controversial topics, from Aonuma himself.
I myself always get excited when seeing something like this, because everything I read about this game makes me all ecstatic about it. I know there isn't too much that is new here(at least to me), but it still makes me happy when there are interviews like this where Aonuma assures us they are doing what they can to make this game one of the greatest ever.

I've said this before and I'll probably say this a million more times: I can't wait for this game. :)

It seems to me that He is implying that Skyward Sword is the first title in the series. He won't come right out and say it because they don't know if they will ever want to make a prequel or predecessor to it.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
There is already a thread like this in the Skyward Sword section. Please, pay a bit closer attention to the threads in here next time.

\Thread Closed/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom