• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

One Punch Man

Salem

SICK
One Punch Man is such a good Anime.

Does any one else watch it? Do you like it or dislike it?

Discuss. :)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
One Punch Man was really fun to watch and Madhouse worked miracles with its animation. It's great for some crazy, over-the-top action and silliness. Honestly I think my favorite thing about the anime adaption is how ridiculously popular it is. It's unbelievable how much its popularity grew in the first few weeks of its airtime alone.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I love One Punch Man! It's one of the best animes I've seen in a while, rivaling even Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure in sheer hype and excitement.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Honestly, I don't get why this anime became so popular (it skyrocketed to #11 on MAL...how?) in just two months. Someone please tell me, what's the appeal? I'm trying to wrap my head around that, and while I would be all for watching it, One Punch is in the exact same vein as other...shounen. Yes, I get that it has flashy over-the-top action sequences and parodies superheroes, but is that really all that sets it apart from other series?

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
It might be because it originated as what is essentially an MS Paint webcomic, then became a manga illustrated by the artist of Eyeshield 21, and then became a full fledged anime. It just kind of blew up. It's not complicated, it's not deep or anything, it's just a simple, fun anime about One Punch Man.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
Thanks for the response. That's what I figured, so let me try a different approach... Is there a tangible emphasis on character growth, or is Saitama just some random guy who takes on overpowered/eccentric baddies? I don't have a problem with emotionless protagonists (after all, Inaho from Aldnoah.Zero had little to no emotion, but for the right reasons) and I'd like to think that OP Man has depth to it. Outside of the Gurren Lagann-type action, that is.

Thanks for the response. That's what I figured, so let me try a different approach... Is there a tangible emphasis on character growth, or is Saitama just some random guy who takes on overpowered/eccentric baddies? I don't have a problem with emotionless protagonists (after all, Inaho from Aldnoah.Zero had little to no emotion, but for the right reasons) and I'd like to think that OP Man has depth to it. Outside of the Gurren Lagann-type action, that is.
To sum it up, here's the gist of it:
Average superhero from an average shonen anime/manga: How do I beat this guy!?
Saitama aka One Punch Man: How can I make this guy beat me?

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
To sum it up, here's the gist of it:
Average superhero from an average shonen anime/manga: How do I beat this guy!?
Saitama aka One Punch Man: How can I make this guy beat me?
I've seen OP Man since then, it was okay. I just wanted more out of Saitama than "I trained everyday for three years!" Wasn't as good as everyone pumped it up to be.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Horribly overrated. It has some funny moments, but mostly just a standard anime.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
Saitama's bland attitude was the most unappealing part, but it seems the throngs are drawn to such (Ginko and Gintaro).

Dan

I watched the first episode randomly the other day. I see what it's trying to do but I don't think it's doing a good job at executing it well enough. I found parts of it amusing. I actually found Saitama's bland attitude hilarious especially when revealing his motivation. Other than that there wasn't anything entirely captivating about it. Maybe it gets better as episodes go on?

Salem

SICK
I watched the first episode randomly the other day. I see what it's trying to do but I don't think it's doing a good job at executing it well enough. I found parts of it amusing. I actually found Saitama's bland attitude hilarious especially when revealing his motivation. Other than that there wasn't anything entirely captivating about it. Maybe it gets better as episodes go on?
It does actually. :)

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I believe it is somewhat overrated, but it is good. I really enjoy it. It's not too deep, and it has plenty of funny moments. I guess it's a nice change of pace from the more in depth serious anime I've been watching lately such as Akame ga Kill, and Parasyte the Maxim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom