• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler One CRAZY Theory

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
:devil: With all the talk of Hylia and the three goddesses and Zelda being an incarnation of them and all that stuff... what about devils? I mean, you have gods and godesses, but no devils? Then why is their evil? Plus, even if Ganon if the devil, why can't there be more than one devil? There's more than one goddess, right? I think Demise if the oringinal devil. His first apperence is in Skyward Sword, when the earth was still fresh. Then, where'd he come from? Still, just a theory, I'm still new to the whole Zelda theories and stuff like that. So please, share you thought.

well hears a quick Idea that could help . ok we all know that each part of the triforce is represents each godess. Din, The Goddess of Power, Nayru, The Goddess of Wisdom and Farore, The Goddess of Courage. But what if their was a Unholy triforce? Demise ( represents Hate) Gannon ( represents Darkness) and Vatti ( i dont know much about vatti..i never played thouse games were he\she is in), in skyward sword their was a Upside down Triforce on Demise's Blade, but Nintendo only put that on his sword to show his hate of the 3 godesses but might appear in later games. ooh if anyone feels that i miss represented them feel free to add your own .

Last edited:

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I think that unless there is a game made in the future that takes place before Skyward Sword, Demise is the evil in the world, and in subsequent games, his lingering spirit is what causes evil in Hyrule. Also, the title "Demon" *insert cheese* for me, it just means that they rule the evil forces (monsters) that exist in the world...

Demise is the first instance of evil seen in the zelda universe, is called the source of ALL monsters (I think...?), and bears an immortal hatred that lingers forever. I think all that (and probably more) makes him the primary candidate to fill the 'Satan archetype' (meaning the embodiment and root of all evil).

As for the question of why he exists, we know that the zelda world is all about balance (Hyrule-Termina, light-shadow, wisdom-power-courage, good-evil, etc.) I think, then, that Demise/evil came into being of his own accord when the godess's goodness was created, so that balance could exist.

There are also minor demons, of course, (such as Ganon, Vaati, Majora, etc.), just as there are minor god(esse)s.

Last edited:

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I was reading an interesting Zelda theory somewhere on the internet (god knows I was just page hopping) earlier. It was about the respective temples and the cults that may have gone with them and what original purpose the builds that serve as temples were. Anyway, it went out on a tangent and mentioned the darkness of the Shadow Temple and Bottom of the Well and whether there are dark 'gods' and whether Ganon is a representation of this.
The actual discussion was written before the release of SS however, and as we know, Demise's hatred is what causes the darkness in the world that Link overcomes in subsequent Zelda games. So in answer, taking that into account (and I know I didn't explain it well), I don't think there is any kind of devil or whatever. I think there is just bad energy and the light force.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
i honestly think for every good thing to happen in the zeldavers some bad must also happen AKA Ying and Yang with evil then good cannot balance.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
There are many sorces of evil, and many root from ganon/demise who is in some ways a self proclamed god heres a good article by the Wolfess The Hyrulian Pantheon: The Evil Gods
Mainly evil is rooted from the gods of evil and just because people have evil intentions some demons could have been made by demise to serve him and just keep multipling

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
There is more than one evil being in Zelda. Demise was the first, his title of Demon King means that he is the ruler over all demons. There is also Demon King Ganon and Demon King Malladus. All rule over the demons in their own time. You could say that the Demon King of the time is equivalent to the Devil. To answer your question, more than one does exist, however if you meant why does more than one not exist at the same time then that is because the Demon King is always has a power hungry and domineering personality, there would be a contest for power and the strongest would be the Demon King and the other would either serve or be destroyed therefore eliminating any possibility of having two Demon Kings at the same time.

You also asked how demise came about, where he came from. Good and evil are definitely physical things in Zelda. And everything has an opposite. My belief is that the Golden Goddesses never created Demise and evil intentionally, but they were in fact a bi-product of the good law upholding lifeforms and other Gods that were made.

well hears a quick Idea that could help . ok we all know that each part of the triforce is represents each godess. Din, The Goddess of Power, Nayru, The Goddess of Wisdom and Farore, The Goddess of Courage. But what if their was a Unholy triforce? Demise ( represents Hate) Gannon ( represents Darkness) and Vatti ( i dont know much about vatti..i never played thouse games were he\she is in), in skyward sword their was a Upside down Triforce on Demise's Blade, but Nintendo only put that on his sword to show his hate of the 3 godesses but might appear in later games. ooh if anyone feels that i miss represented them feel free to add your own .

I feel that you kind of misrepresented these characters. We'll start with Vaati. Vaati is not an evil villain as such, he was corrupted by the hearts of men he was actually a good man once. I certainly would not consider him up there with the likes of Ganon or Demise who are Demon Kings and are purely evil. A trio of Demon Kings would be Demise Ganon and Malladus, but I disagree with the idea of an unholy triforce. The three Golden Goddesses each have a triforce piece representing them. The Golden Goddesses are the most powerful beings in the entire series, so powerful that Demise and Ganondorf both covet their power through the triforce. If they were up their with the Golden goddesses then they would be able to oppose them and match them for power on their own and they just can not. Both Demise and Ganondorf represent the evil in the world. Demise has very little screen time and it is hard to determine his exact motives but it is easy to see that Ganon, who has been in many games is the embodiment of Greed and hatred, two characteristics that are the opposite to what you would consider someone who is pure and good to have. The Demon Kings are just evil, plain and simple, they don't represent anything specific, just any negative qualities that exist.

Last edited:
I always figured a Trinity of evil gods opposed to the golden goddesses would Bellum, Malladus, and Dethl (the Nightmare from Link's Awakening). The other evil gods have their good counterparts, Demise has Hylia, Majora has Fierce Deity. Vaati isn't really a god, and Ganon is simply a reincarnation (for lack of a better word) of Demise.

Nayru is generally associated with water, much like Bellum certainly is. Din is associated with earth and fire, and Malladus was imprisoned in the earth, and he attacks with fire. The Farore/Dethl connection is a bit more far fetched. Farore is associated with wind. Vaati, who calls himself a Wind Mage (or something along those lines, I don't remember his EXACT title), takes a final form that is very similar to Dethl's final form. Perhaps being a wind mage, Vaati wanted to imitate the most powerful and evil god of wind out there by taking his shape.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Unless skyward contradicts me since i haven't played it.

You could also consider the differnet parts of the triforce having a duality to them.
Most obvious is din, Power, power isn't evil by virtue of power. But ganon is almost like an embodiment of din's "viewpoint". He craves power and disregards everything else, thats what makes him evil. Power can be used to help and do good things as well.
Wisdom, being smart doesn't make one good or evil, its what one does with that wisdom. Could use that wisdom to make medicines or ruin an economy to make out like a king.
Courage, makes you brave to over come fear, but the down side to courage can make you foolish, or very liberal you know smoking strange things and dancing naked in the woods.

maybe not the best explained example of what i mean, but You can see how the same essence can be both good and evil.

The actual discussion was written before the release of SS however, and as we know, Demise's hatred is what causes the darkness in the world that Link overcomes in subsequent Zelda games. So in answer, taking that into account (and I know I didn't explain it well), I don't think there is any kind of devil or whatever. I think there is just bad energy and the light force.

But that 'bad energy' is personified by Demise originally and later Ganon, showing that there is "any devil or whatever". As for the 'light force', there is Hylia and the golden goddesses.

There is more than one evil being in Zelda. Demise was the first, his title of Demon King means that he is the ruler over all demons. There is also Demon King Ganon and Demon King Malladus. All rule over the demons in their own time. You could say that the Demon King of the time is equivalent to the Devil. To answer your question, more than one does exist, however if you meant why does more than one not exist at the same time then that is because the Demon King is always has a power hungry and domineering personality, there would be a contest for power and the strongest would be the Demon King and the other would either serve or be destroyed therefore eliminating any possibility of having two Demon Kings at the same time.
You also asked how demise came about, where he came from. Good and evil are definitely physical things in Zelda. And everything has an opposite. My belief is that the Golden Goddesses never created Demise and evil intentionally, but they were in fact a bi-product of the good law upholding lifeforms and other Gods that were made.

I feel that you kind of misrepresented these characters. We'll start with Vaati. Vaati is not an evil villain as such, he was corrupted by the hearts of men he was actually a good man once. I certainly would not consider him up there with the likes of Ganon or Demise who are Demon Kings and are purely evil. A trio of Demon Kings would be Demise Ganon and Malladus, but I disagree with the idea of an unholy triforce. The three Golden Goddesses each have a triforce piece representing them. The Golden Goddesses are the most powerful beings in the entire series, so powerful that Demise and Ganondorf both covet their power through the triforce. If they were up their with the Golden goddesses then they would be able to oppose them and match them for power on their own and they just can not. Both Demise and Ganondorf represent the evil in the world. Demise has very little screen time and it is hard to determine his exact motives but it is easy to see that Ganon, who has been in many games is the embodiment of Greed and hatred, two characteristics that are the opposite to what you would consider someone who is pure and good to have. The Demon Kings are just evil, plain and simple, they don't represent anything specific, just any negative qualities that exist.

AHH I see. i never played 4 swords so i wouldn't know.. and i never herd of Malladus ( the more you know) and as for the unholy triforce , its just a quick idea so not meant to be taken serious. But you never know in future games, as now i see it if the unholy triforce does make an aperance it would most like likely be a Symbol of no power. ( that is if it does make another aperence)

P

PyramidOfPower

I agree but instead of Gannon/Gannondorf I would think of Malladus

S

snilges

Maybe the evil in Link's world is caused by the devil's incarnation in that world. I think that Ganondorf is the Hyrulean incarnation of the devil himself. Same deal with Vaati and Ghirahim/Demise. And I also think that the Majora's Mask is a demonic creation and that Majora may very well be Satan. I don't know, but it is possible

I think Ganon, Majora, and Demise make the unholy triforce by representing the three major reasons for evildoing. Demise does it out of spite, Majora does it out of insanity, and Ganon does it out of greed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom