• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Omnipotence

Blendercat

Riding Suicune
My first fanfic here. Now, onto the actual point of this.

Prologue(Rated G):In a world inhabited by constantly warring nations, an unknown inhabitant has started a competition. The prize? The powers of a god. Rather... Omnipotence.(Omnipotence is the state of being omnipotent. To be omnipotent is having very great or unlimited authority or power.) Twenty competitors have been chosen... two from each of ten tribes, who all have control over a different naturally occurring source. It is a battle to the death. There are no rules. Simply be the last one standing, or make your opponents admit defeat.

Yup, short, just to introduce Chapter 1.

Chapter 1: The Game Begins!(Rated PG for Violence and Blood)

Sazrihla clutched his head, feeling his helmet, and tried to stand. He was slightly wobbly, but it would work. He patted himself down, and his armor seemed intact. A moment of panic crossed his mind. He quickly felt his scabbards and quiver.

Good. I have my weapons, and my quiver. It has arrows in it. Where am I, anyway?

He looked around. He was in what thought was the swamp. He looked around. It was fairly serene. He sat on the edge of a lake. He looked around, and thought he saw something move in the water. He slowly drew his sword. He prepared for a slice, when it jumped out of the water. Another person, most likely a Herba, rolled onto the grass. Sazrihla stumbled and fell backward, a look of surprise on his face. The Herba offered her hand to him. "Name's Malura. And you are?" Sazrihla hesitated, then took her hand, and stood up. He brushed himself off. "Name's Sazrihla." Malura chuckled. "Long name. Can I call you Sazzy?" Sazrihla was serious. "No. We should move. I assume we're supposed to be in a team, and I'm not in the mood for killing right now. If we stay here too long, we could be ambushed."

The pair walked through the woods. Malura turned to Sazrihla. "So, you're an Umbra, right?"
"No, I'm a Gelum."
"Really?"
"No. I am, quite obviously, an Umbra."

More silence. Suddenly, Sazrihla's head felt like it was going to explode. Suddenly, a voice seemed to come from all around.

"CONTESTANTS... YOU MAY WONDER THE PURPOSE OF THIS. THERE ARE TEN ARTIFACTS YOU MUST COLLECT. ONCE COMBINED WITH THE SACRED ENERGY... THAT IS WHEN YOU WILL BE SUCCESFUL."

Sazrihla looked at Malura. "Did you hear that?"
But she was gone.

*BLOOM TRANSITION*

Amira knelt down, and scrubbed her sword with more sand. She grunted. The blood from her victim that she had assaulted as soon as this started was hard to get off. She recalled what had happened.

Her vision had been clouded. A Saberram had offered his hand to her, presumably to propose an alliance. She didn't want one. It had gone by quickly. SHe had drawn her swords, and had one firmly planted in his thigh. She used it to launch herself off the ground and kick him in the face. He had fallen, and she sprinted away. They had been in the desert, which she knew was a bad place to anger a Saberram. She ran for at least ten minutes before trying to clean her sword.

*BLOOM TRANSITION*

Sazrihla ran madly, following footprints. Malura had disappeared, and a set of footprints was leading away. He followed them, until he saw something on the ground.

A harp. Splattered slightly with blood. He bent down to look at a carving on it. 'Malura'

Is she dead? Taken hostage? Or did she cause this blood? More importantly... where did she go?

Yup, that's the end of chapter one. How'd you like the cliffhanger? Keep watching... the next chapter should appear next Monday(Hopefully)

Last edited:

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Nice. I loved the Tranition of the characters. But make surre to use lots of details about where they're at, and what the people look lik. We don't want people getting confused about what's going on in the story

Blendercat

Riding Suicune
Nice. I loved the Tranition of the characters. But make surre to use lots of details about where they're at, and what the people look lik. We don't want people getting confused about what's going on in the story
Yeah, this was rushed a bit. I'll be trying to use more detail for the next chapter.

Seems good, hope you post more ^^

Yup, I intend to. It'll be a while, though.

This looks very interesting, I'll be looking out for new chapters to see how this plays out.

Blendercat

Riding Suicune
Alright everyone, Chapter Two has commenced!

CHAPTER 2: An Artifact Revealed

Malura swam under the lake, then came back up for air. She had ran to the lake, not even bothering to tell Sazrihla, once she heard about the artifacts. The trees here were thick, with vines nearly forming a maze through the forest. She had slashed through some to get to the lake, which was a sickly green. She looked at the trees, and saw a form sprint by.

Sazrihla? Maybe he followed me. What about the Gelum that I cut with my knife? He seemed to be weakened by that.

Shrugging it off, she dove under again.

Achnor looked into the lake. He saw a green form slip by. He recognized it as the Herba who had cut his shoulder, which he now rubbed. He recognized the small crests over the ears of the helmet, looking like small wings. Small, petal-like crests were on her wrists, and some vines still dangled from her shoulders. He smiled, and saw her look up at him.

Malura saw the form of the Gelum, with icicle like spikes protruding from his shoulders, and icicle-like crests sweeping back on top of his helmet. His armor was plated, and seemed to give him great flexibility. He held out his hand. The tips of the icicle-like armor pieces glowed a bright blue, and it progressed down. It was too late that she realized that ice was forming over the lake. She scrambled to get breath, but the lake was quickly covered. She took out her dagger, and hopelessly hacked away at the ice. However, she only tired faster. She looked up at the Gelum, trying to strangle him. She was too weak. Then, just before she passed out, she saw smoky black tendrils wrapping around him.

Achnor tried to struggle against the strange tendrils, but it was hopeless, he was dragged back into the vines. Suddenly, he was in the choke hold of what he thought was an Umbra. The Umbra let him go, and talked to him. "Listen, I don't know who you are, but I saw what you did. That was some good thinking. That Herba, she dropped this." He held up Malura's harp. He grabbed a small jewel in the bottom, and ripped it out. "I think this is an artifact. Whaddya say we take it and run?" Achnor pondered the suggestion. The possibility of it being an artifact meant that it could be valuable. He pondered. "Consider me your teammate."

CLIFFHANGER! What will happen to Malura? Has Sazrihla found an artifact? Will Achnor hold true to his promise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom