• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

October Giveaway Contest: Favorite Zelda Quote

My Favorite is either "holder of the sacred powers we grant you the power of wind" or "its a secret to all"

"THE ISLE OF KOHOLINT IS BUT AN ILLUSION... HUMAN, MONSTER, SEA, SKY... A SCENE ON THE LID OF A SLEEPER'S EYE... AWAKE THE DREAMER, AND KOHOLINT WILL VANISH MUCH LIKE A BUBBLE ON A NEEDLE..." (from an inscription in Southern Face Shrine, Link's Awakening)

My second favorite is "Can Hyrule's destiny really depend on such a lazy boy?" (Navi) from Ocarina of Time.

I really like all of Sheik's poems in ocarina of time, but this one is my favorite. "Time passes, people move. Like a river's flow, it never ends. A childish mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection. The clear water's surface reflects growth. Now listen to the Serenade of water to reflect upon yourself."
My other favorite is "Do you ever feel a strange sadness as dusk falls?..."- Twilight Princess

This was hard for me. There are so many great quotes to choose from! After much thought I chose this. "Shadow and Light are two sides of the same coin, one cannot exist without the other." - Zelda, Twilight Princess. This was said at the point just before Midna enters the mirror and returns to the Twilight Realm. I liked this quote because it seemed to encapsulate the theme of the whole game into one sentence.

Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do those people... think of you... as a friend? - Moon Child (Majora's Mask)

Most of my life I've struggled with social anxiety. I've managed to overcome it some over the years, but there are just some situations that make just feel unusually nervous. If there's one thing that this thread shows, it's how memorable the writing in Majora's Mask was, and how powerful it can be for some people. This is possibly the only quote in a video game that has actually made me contemplate my life and some of my decisions. It really is a special game.

This place needs a name. Yeah...a name fitting for this rugged adventurous wilderness. From now on, we'll call it... Grooseland!

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
"What about you Link? What will you do now?"---Zelda (link probably says: "Go Marry Kina at the Lumpy Pumpkin" Zelda: "But I thought?" Link: "I did like you, but then you pushed me off a cliff." Drama ensues, Link is killed and then he gets reincarnated later and the whole thing happens again.)

Well, my favorite quote would be have to be either the non sequitur of the original "Dodongo Dislike Smoke", and it's reprisal in Ocarina of Time with Navi's description of Beemos misquoted as "Beemos, they have a big eye, I bet they would hate to get smoke in it."

G

Guest-3

legend_of_zelda_quote_hero_s_shade_by_crazysonicfan27-d643787.png

"No matter how much you may desire, you will never be more than a shadow in their world." ~ Zant (TP)
"I am error."

All of the Moon Children's quote probably, but if I have to pick one, it'd probably be

"[...] The right thing... What is it? I wonder... If you do the right thing... Does it really make... everybody...happy?"
- Moon Child with Gyorg's Mask

It's not very often you see this kind of philosophical questioning in games, or at all really. And it ressonates with me because this one of recurrent issues I come across with some people.

My first thought for favorite quote was Linebeck's wish in Phantom Hourglass. After all the talk of treasure, he really just wants his boat back. It shows that he's learned some humility, and suggests that he'll go on to become the adventurer he always pretended to be. Thing is, that's less a favorite quote than a favorite moment, especially since I can't even remember the actual wording.

So I'm going to go with one of Link's optional responses from Skyward Sword, "Am I late?" and Impa's response, "No, you're just in time."

Link's line ties into his making an impressive entrance in that scene, and it functions well enough just on the level of a one-liner. But I also like how despite being someone who doesn't talk much and is pretty passive (face it, in most recent Zeldas, Link pretty much gets told where to go and what to do) he's semi-subtly standing up for himself to the person who's been dissing him all along, and Impa's reply shows her finally starting to accept him as the hero.

It's sort of a running theme in the game, come to think of it, as Groose has a similar experience coming to appreciate Link (and growing into a better person in the process) but if there's a single line or exchange that perfectly encapsulates Groose's character development, I can't recall it. Besides, that development is pretty one-sided. I don't think Link ever cared what Groose thought of him, whereas Impa... well, maybe I'm projecting, but when I read her lines about Link not being good enough, man, it stung. I recall Link seeming offended, too, but it's been a wile.

Honorable mention: "An ally of justice!" Because Wind Waker Link is just great.

MysticalJelly54

Chu Chu Jelly is literally all-purpose.
From the Hero's Shade, "A sword wields no strength, unless the hand that holds it has courage." It reminds me of those cheesy action shows like Power Rangers or something, where the real power is inside the heart or something. Plus it sounds cool.

"The only question left is how long you will manage to remain standing before I take your life. Try to keep it interesting for me, would you?"

~Demise~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom