• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

October Giveaway Contest: Favorite Zelda Quote

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time... that is up to you."

While there are so many good ones from the various games, I think my all-time favorite (and one I've used more often than any other much to my wife's dismay) will always be from the animated cartoon, "Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse meeee, Princess!".

My favorite quote is from my favorite game : Legend of Zelda : A Link to the Past. It is when Link's Uncle tells him to "Save the Princess.. Zelda is your.....". Zelda is your what?!?! lol

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I know I cannot hit the post requirement (one hundred posts? I can barely put out five a month!), but it's fun to contribute!

My favourite Zelda quote? "No matter what, a fake is a fake, and no matter how much you try to dress it up, the real thing always wins!"

"Can I ask... a question? Your true face... What kind of... face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?"
(Moon Child wearing Twinmold's mask)

"The flow of time is always cruel... Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days..."
-Sheik Ocarina of Time

"I want you to live for the future.
There may be nothing left for you...
But despite that, you must look forward and walk a path of hope, trusting that it will sustain you when darkness comes." -Daphnes Nohanson HyruleThe Wind Waker

These are my two favorite quotes. A bit of Existentialism and some optimism as well. Life isn't perfect but these games and a bit of hope have hapt me going for a long time.

My favorite probably has to be "Oh, bad news, uh, sailor. The enemies... have retreated. Or something."
Every time I have a really bad day I go and play the minigame just so I can hear the "SPLOOSH" and "KABOOM!"
Never fails to cheer me up haha.

Tibari

Rinkuji
"Tingle, Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah! ...These are the magic words that Tingle created himself. Don't steal them!"

I will go with the first text in the first game.

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

I don't know why, but the very first line of Twilight Princess managed to set the mood. (Also I bet, many girls could be seduced with these words )

"Tell me... Do you ever feel a strange sadness as dusk falls? They say it's the only time when our world intersects with theirs... The only time we can feel the lingering regrets of spirits who have left our world.That is why loneliness always pervades the hour of twilight..."

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" is probably my favorite Legend of Zelda quote. It's so iconic, and encompasses the mood and theme of Majora's Mask in one simple line.

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time... That is up to you."
Happy Mask Salesman
This hits you in the feels ;-;

I always chuckle when I see this part of Twilight Princess, "Zelda: Midna?
Midna: Eee hee! You remember my name? What an honor for me...
Midna was so dang snarky I love it hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom