• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time >>> Wind Waker

L

Link-kun

Has anybody ever thought that it's possible that the Gorons evolved into the Rito? And then Biggoron on top of death mountain evolved into Valoo?

Geographically death mountain and Dragon Roost are in the same place. Jabu-Jabu was also in Wind Waker in the mountain of Outset. So was the Deku Tree.

After you finish the forest temple there is the birth of a new Great Deku Tree. Geographically the Forest Haven and Kokiri forest are also in the same place. The

Kokiris then evolved into the Koroks and the Zora were wiped out by something. What I'm really trying to say is this: Do you think the Gorons evolved into the

Rito? And is my theory correct?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
No, Rito are confirmed to be what the Zoras became. Also note the Zora Laruto, Nayru's Pearl, and other such Zora-related symbols. You can still see a few Gorons appear in WW as travelling merchants. I agree with your geography though.

L

Link-kun

1.) How is Ocarina >>> Wind Waker a theory?

2.) The Zora evolve into the Rito due to the flood. (From what I've heard.)

1. I had to think of a name before I forgot what I was thinking about.

2. Thanks bro. But why did they take over Death Mountain

No, Rito are confirmed to be what the Zoras became. Also note the Zora Laruto, Nayru's Pearl, and other such Zora-related symbols. You can still see a few Gorons appear in WW as travelling merchants. I agree with your geography though.

Damn. Even after playing Wind Waker so many times I forgot about that Zora chick.

Last edited by a moderator:
But why did they take over Death Mountain

With the Gorons practically inexistent, the Zoras/Rito (whichever form they were in at that time) probably saw it as a great opportunity. Their domain was obviously flooded, since it was not far above the ground, but Death Mountain/Dragon Roost Island was large enough to be their new home.

L

Link-kun

With the Gorons practically inexistent, the Zoras/Rito (whichever form they were in at that time) probably saw it as a great opportunity. Their domain was obviously flooded, since it was not far above the ground, but Death Mountain/Dragon Roost Island was large enough to be their new home.

I still wonder where Valoo came from then....

I still wonder where Valoo came from then....

Well, he shares a slight semblance with Volvagia, and has a somewhat similar name, as well. And Volvagia inhabited Death Mountain, just as Valoo inhabits Dragon Roost Island. Although, clearly Volvagia was evil and Valoo isn't, so perhaps Nintendo just created Valoo for in-game purposes and based him on Volvagia. It's also possible that Volvagia could have been reawakened by the goddesses as a protector of Dragon Roost Island and transformed into a guardian of good instead of an imposer of evil, but there is no evidence of that as far as I know.

Fig

The Altruist
It is possible that Gorons could have been close to extinction due the Great Flood. With their numbers limited, The Rito, evolved from the Zoras, used it an advantage to their favor. It is also possible that Gorons had to travel to a different piece of land to live for survival. But with their resources limited as well, my guess is that they could have more support if they could start a trade with other merchants, thus is why we see them as traveling merchants.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
There are already Gorons in the game as the Traveling Merchants, so I see no reason why just some of them would have evolved. As others have said, the Zoras are the ones that evolved into the Rito.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I've always wondered why the flood caused the Zora's to evolve into Rito when they're like... fish people? I mean, they can swim. Wouldn't a more obvious evolution be so they can like live at the bottom of the sea? Like mer-people or something?

I've always wondered why the flood caused the Zora's to evolve into Rito when they're like... fish people? I mean, they can swim. Wouldn't a more obvious evolution be so they can like live at the bottom of the sea? Like mer-people or something?

Hyrule needed to be washed away never to be seen again. Having the Zoras not evolve would create contradictions within the story and people would be like "Oh, why don't the Zoras just tell everyone that Hyrule is below the sea?" You could argue that the fish due the same thing, but there are only a handful on them and they're very picky with handing out secrets.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Your theory is very incorect, one because after WW, in PH we meet again Gorons who were oviuosly not evolved into Rito, seclond Rito are most defenently evolved from Zoras, mainly because they have very simeler skelitual structures and also we find the prevous sage of of earth to be laruto a Zora and the next sage to be Medli a Rito, since sages oviously evolve from race to race in other cases such as Kokiri and Koroks we can presume Rito were Zoras, also Eiji Aonuma director of Zelda said that the Rito were evolved from Zora, your theory is simply based of the fact that a big goron could possibly be a big dragon, wich would make no sense, and that because theres a mountin in both places they must be the same, and is a very flawed theory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom