• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Question

C

c00lryan

I'm replaying the Ocarina of Time and I could have sworn there was a section in the game where you uncover some type of secret entrance (hole in the ground or blow up a wall), and continue to fight pairs of enemies that increase in difficulty as you progress. After beating each pair, you receive a prize, and they continue to increase in value (I think just higher Rupee amounts). Of course, I've done quite a bit of digging and can't seem to find anything about this. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or am I taking crazy pills?

If this isn't in Ocarina of Time, are there any other Zelda games (or other games for that matter), that have this type of fun side quest?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't believe this is in Ocarina of Time. Perhaps you're thinking of The Minish Cap, where you can play the minigame "Simon's Simulations", in which you fight a set of enemies for a nice rupee reward (and possible kinstones)?

C

c00lryan

Twilight Princess has the cave of ordeals...you might be talking about that.

Ocarina of Time is the only Zelda game I've played in full (other than the ones for Nintendo)... So it can't be one of the more recent games. I guess it must be some other game I've played in the past... Could have sworn it was Ocarina of Time though...

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Wow... out of all the Zelda games Ocarina is the one I am most familiar with, and nothing like that is ringing any bells with me.

There's the Treasure Box Shop in Hyrule Castle Town in the past, but there are no fights involved. You do progress through a series of rooms but it's a guessing game with higher rupee value rewards the further you go in.

Perhaps you're mistaking Ocarina of Time with Majora's Mask? Are you sure you've never played that? IDK if there's anything similar to that in MM though.

Other than that... IDK? Gerudo Training Grounds perhaps? :hmm:

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
No where in Ocarina of Time does that exist, I'm familiar with glitches and Gamesharking, but that simply doesn't exist in OoT. However the Cave of Ordeals in TP matches that description. It's on top of Gerudo Mesa, under the bridge

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Hmm, the only thing I can think of in Ocarina of Time is if Link kills enough Stalchildren, Leevers, and Guarys in one single night, bigger and stronger versions of these enemies will appear. They usually leave behind blue and red rupees upon defeat. Perhaps this is what you are referring to? Here's a YouTube video I found to shown you what I mean.
[video=youtube;4tAuL707-Z4]http://youtube.com/watch?v=4tAuL707-Z4[/video]

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Hmmm am not actually sure what your on about...I have played through OoT 3 times and I have never encountered anything like you said...

Deeds

no text
When I first read this, I too thought you were probably referring to Twilight Princess' Cave of Ordeals (is it called that?). You could've played it on the Gamecube release?

C

c00lryan

Thanks for the responses, everyone... I've played TP but stopped playing before I made it far into the game. It sounds like the Cave of Ordeals may be what I was referring too though... I suppose it's possible I entered it and didn't finish, or maybe read about it.

Side note: Just joined the site and I'm amazed to see the immediate responses/dialogue. Impressive stuff. Glad to be a part of it!

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Thanks for the responses, everyone... I've played TP but stopped playing before I made it far into the game. It sounds like the Cave of Ordeals may be what I was referring too though... I suppose it's possible I entered it and didn't finish, or maybe read about it.

Side note: Just joined the site and I'm amazed to see the immediate responses/dialogue. Impressive stuff. Glad to be a part of it!

Yeah we have a great community here and you should probably introduce yourself in this section! Just make a short thread introducing yourself and whatnot, So people can welcome you xD

Community Area

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom