• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time for Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyrobot22

PhAnToMgUArDiAn
Hi everyone! I was thinking, and I came up with a brilliant idea! What if they made a remake of OoT for the Wii using the MotionPlus controls. (Like Skyward Sword)
I think it would be really cool, using the motion controls to fight bad guys and slash bushes :lol:, but they've already come out with tons of OoT remakes....
Anyway, what do you guys think about this? Please post below and tell me!

(If there is a similar post, I'm sorry I looked and did not find one!)

I kind of feel a bad for Ocarina of Time in a way. That has to be, like, the most remade game of all time... or something. But... no. If they enhanced a game to have 1:1 swordplay where it isn't necessary, then what's the point? Would they have to upgrade the artificial intelligence of the enemies, too? It wouldn't be the same game. It'd have the same plot, yes, but the entire foundation of the game would be out of whack.

A lot of people felt the same way when Nintendo re-textured, re-animated, and totally revamped for Ocarina of Time 3D. But the gameplay was still the same. They say gameplay is greater than graphics, so... upgrading the textures wouldn't dramatically alter the gaming experience as much as a change in controls and whatnot.

While I could see why some people would want this, Ocarina of Time must be exhausted for getting remade so many times. I'm not saying that people are tired of the game; it's timeless, but, if Nintendo was going to remake a game, it should be one that hasn't gotten the opportunity yet. But, I would prefer Nintendo to try working on new titles, and take the time to make them quality ones.

Though tennis with Ganondorf with motion control would be fun...

boyrobot22

PhAnToMgUArDiAn
The game would have to be completely rebuilt in order for the Wii MotionPlus to be implemented properly. There'd be no point in wasting the time.
Hmm.. yes. You ARE right. There is no point whatsoever. I was just saying it would be kinda cool.
...Nintendo was going to remake a game, it should be one that hasn't gotten the opportunity yet.
Nintendo probably would do that if they wanted a remake. OoT has been remade tons of times (where's MM, for god's sake?)
Meh, now that I think about it, OoT for Wii would probably be lame.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
Yeah not a great idea....for one the Wii is a dead console with the Wii U coming out and two, motion controls don't work for games that weren't built with them.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
This would be a terrible idea. Ocarina of Time is what it is. A MUCH better idea is if they made a brand new Zelda game with the Wii Motion Plus. Remakes without new ideas for the game is something I am against, and remaking Ocarina of Time is no exception.

Big Octo

=^)
Yeah, there's already been the recent 3DS remake, the Wii's lifespan is almost over, and making it compatible with motion controls would require the game to be completely reworked. Has the game not recieved enough glory as it is?

Also, remakes should certainly not be the main focus of Zelda right now, rather, new games. Little progress wil be made if time was wasted remaking perfectly fine titles.

i agree it would be a waste of time right now but i would rather see them remake the classic zelda and put in the controls as the same but update the graphic and maybe add the metroid other m controls for firing the bow plus b as a shield button lol

As much as I love Ocarina of Time, I think yet another remake of it would be a waste of time and a waste or resources. I would like to see them make new games before I ever see them revisit old ones. If anything, it should be A Link to the Past that gets a remake. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a 3D isometric spin on the dungeons.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I heavily disagree with the notion that "OoT has received too many remakes, therefore bad idea"; a game having a bunch of remakes in fact does NOT make the ideas behind this supposed new remake bad themselves. Look at Skyward Sword. Great 1:1 precision (even though it is more 1:1.5) right? Great idea, right? Apply that to OoT, and you have another layer of awesome sauce in an already revered game. Yeah, another remake might not be the best idea, but the ideas behind this remake themselves aren't bad at all. Bottom line, the user isn't talking about "lulz what if OoT was on the Wii", the user is talking about "Hey, what if OoT got motion controls worked into it?" Although, mandym287 has a point about the controls practically changing the game -- not many people would *want* to see the game with a completely new base, as motion controls isn't what Ocarina is known for.

I do think the principle of applying motion controls would be a little out of the ordinary, as again motion controls aren't what Ocarina is known for. I'm sure they could work what with the accuracy Nintendo has with such dealings, but, it'd change a bit too much for my tastes and likely for fans of the original and even the 3D remake as well.

You won't see another Zelda game for the Nintendo Wii. They care more about their future Nintendo games for the Wii U, rather then remakes for a soon to be outdated console.

hylianordonlink

The Hero Of Ordon
Well frankly, no. Oot, is not a game for motion controls. I think the games before motion controls were not made for motion control to ever be implemented. And also, even though oot is a good game,they have enough remakes. Why not make a mm or ww remake? Or Alttp? Those games might work out well in a reamake.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Since OoT was just remade for the 3ds don't you think it's silly do remake it again for the Wii?
Especially if they were to add on motion controls. This is because like JuicieJ said it would have to be completely redone. I think it would be the same game but it wouldn't feel like OoT because of how they'll have to add in motion controls and they would have to change how smart the enemies are too. It would just take to much time that they could be using to make a new Zelda game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom