• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Nunchuck Keeps Desyncing?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
So I play some Skyward Sword, and my Nunchuck keeps going out of sync, causing Link to run in a direction where my c-stick is not going in. It's not a terrible problem - I can just detach and reattach the nunchuck in a short ten seconds - but it happens pretty frequently. This does not occur with any other game, not even Black Ops 2 which is pretty intensive with the nunchuck, at least how I play.

Any ideas why this happens?

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I've... never heard of that happening with any game period, so I barely have any idea how to even react. :mellow:

Oh no, the motion controls somehow malfunctioned.. how can this be???
this flawless and ingenious system shouldn't be doing this..

Logical conclusion: OP is a liar.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I've had this happen as well. I usually just rotate the control stick around a few times, unplug the nunchuck, and then reattach it. The problem then usually resolves itself. It was really bad this one time, but that was because my Wii remote had the motion plus accessory connected, which was faulty. I'm not really sure why it happens.

Zurriel

BeStrongandofgoodCourage!
It just started happening to me today, I have played Skyward Sword several times with out problems. So I think the problem is with our nunchuck somehow, maybe a wire is coming loose?

Sigh. I am afraid that I, too, have had this happen on numerous occasions in the past. However, I placed the blame on my faulty Wii remotes, which were all kinds of effed up, or so I thought. Anyway, like JJ, I find it quite odd that your nunchuck attachment is behaving this way, but seeing as you're saying this only happens while you're playing Skyward Sword, I definitely detect a correlation. I myself never took the time to record any data of desynchronization of the nunchuck attachment with any other game, however, so maybe I am not the right guy from which to retrieve data concerning this issue. But yeah, this has happened to me, but I am uncertain as to whether it was the fault of SS or the Wii remotes themselves.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Strange that a lot of people are having this issue and it's JUST NOW surfacing. Legitimately, I find that hilarious. XD

Hmmm... There have been a couple times for me when the Nunhcuk flat-out stopped working, but I've never had it "desync" on me. :?

In my personal experience, it's a sign that the wire running through the nunchuck is wearing out. It's kind of like how headphone wires break with prolonged use, but can still be manipulated to recreate a circuit. Except in this case, the wire will function properly most of the time; however, when it does disconnect momentarily, the joystick is somewhere other than in the center so that it becomes its new neutral position. If you have no problem with unplugging the nunchuck to reset the neutral position however many times it occurs, then continue with doing so. But usually a replacement would fix the issue. The nunchuck wires do undergo a lot of strain because being tugged and swung around for various game controls so they will eventually stop working as efficiently as they were intended to. I hope this hepls!

Salem

SICK
Ventus, did this happen to ONE Nunchuck or is it occurring with several nunchucks that you use with the game?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ventus, did this happen to ONE Nunchuck or is it occurring with several nunchucks that you use with the game?

currently have only one nunchuck, so it occurs with that one nunchuck. No tengo the bling to purchase another one atm, saving that for CoDGhosts, ZeldaBLT, college apps, and some capture card.

@mandy
That seems to be the case for me I guess; I do a ton of tugging on the wire because it looks to tangle itself around all of the time Q_Q
I will be more careful with my devices in the meantime.

Zurriel

BeStrongandofgoodCourage!
I can honestly say it's not my Wii remote, it's brand new. I have been moving a lot so my nunchuck was wrapped up (Rather tightly) then unwrapped, exposed to my little sister and wrapped up again. I think you get the picture. Does anyone know how to keep the cords from tangling up on them selves?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom