• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Number of dungeons speculation after latest trailer/story details.

That sounds like it will become dull fast.
This is everyone's response, but it makes less sense the more you think about it. The shrines are a relatively small percentage of the game, with the majority of the combat and puzzle solving being in the overworld which has a lot of aesthetic variety. You plausibly spend less time in shrines than you spend in the ocean in the Wind Waker percentage wise, and you actually DO things in the shrines.

So after a recent interview with Aounuma, we more or less have a clear idea of how things will be going down.

• 120 shrines.
  • All shrines will have the same visual style/palette to them (No forest shrines, sorry guys)

That sounds horribly boring. I am worried now.

So after a recent interview with Aounuma, we more or less have a clear idea of how things will be going down.
  • There are NO indications of large scale dungeons that are not shrines or mechs.

A whole enormous world with no frigging temples??

The fans can either embrace change or be left behind.
I like this guy.

But yeah, it's not a big deal. Collectively it's maybe 15% of gameplay, comparable to the ocean in the Wind Waker, and you are constantly occupied while in the shrines. Not to mention that shrines are separated by time in which you're in the overworld, and a lot of it.

It wasn't specifically mentioned that the shrines would share the same astetics. Just that they don't have the 'regular' themes dungeons and mini dungeons used to have. My bet is that there will be at least some variation in colour.

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
If Deku Tree in OoT is a dungeon....then some of the Shrines on BotW are definitely dungeon worthy to me.
I watched demo of them playing a Shrine and it took longer than it takes to beat Deku Tree...So. Length should not really be a factor in counting out Shrines as boring or whatever...

Tbh I'd say the pirate stronghold on SS takes longer than the deku tree too. And Ikana castle (MM). And maybe even the ice cavern (OOT). And definitely Gerudo Training ground (OOT).

Where is the source from where people are saying we're not getting large dungeons? Where is the source that all shrines will have exact same environment? I remember in a couple interviews that there will be less large/traditional dungeons, but there will be traditional main dungeons in the game. And then the so called shrine mini dungeons where some of them are large enough to be a traditional dungeon and have a boss.

You have them though. Just renamed, smaller and a whole lot more of them.
There are going to be main dungeons in the game, just less of them. The exact number remains to be seen. 4-7 will likely be the range. Plus, the 120 mini shrine dungeons with some of them larger and having bosses.

There are going to be main dungeons in the game, just less of them. The exact number remains to be seen. 4-7 will likely be the range. Plus, the 120 mini shrine dungeons with some of them larger and having bosses.
Here's why we can infer there are 4 main dungeons besides the shrines and that they are mechs
  • There are 4 mechs (corresponding with 4 towers in front of Hyrule Castle and the 4 dungeon rumor)
  • A great deal of footage implies you will travel inside these mechs, in a way similar to a dungeon.
  • There has been absolutely no indication of any sort of dungeon besides shrines and mechs.

The interview you asked for in the above post is here, btw: http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/legend-zelda-breath-wild-aonuma-dev-team-size/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom