• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

NPC's Interpretation of Time Manipulation

I started thinking rather hard about this today... about the entire passage of time in some Zelda games. Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker, especially have songs that allow you to manipulate time's flow. I'm just really curious how this effects everyone/everything else.

Thinking about both Sun's Song (OoT) and the Song of Passing (WW), they both allow 12 hours to pass to morning and nighttime. Going deeper into that, it makes me wonder if it is Link's interpretation of time had sped up (meaning to everyone else, he is standing in the same spot for 12 hours) to get to the desired time; or the entire world around him rotates 180 degrees (half a day) and all of the non-playable characters' interpretation of time slowed down.

And then there is the Inverted Song of Time from Majora's Mask, which slows down the flow of time. But is that only to Link? Like, to everyone else, if time is slowed down by half (I honestly would not know the exact ratio as I have yet to play MM), then everyone else would see Link moving twice as fast. Does this make sense?

Time is confusing, so in real life, time travel hasn't been explored because of all of these paradox-like things and disturbances in the flow of time, but in Zelda... it exists. What do you guys think?

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
The Song of Time in Majora's Mask is very interesting indeed. From Link's point of view the NPCs are moving at 1/3 speed so surely he's moving at 3x speed to them. When you combine that with the bunnyhood you get an incredible 6x speed! When you play the Song of Double Time we don't get any indication of the NPCs point of view. Any theory is just as plausable as another but the "Link standing there for 12 hours" theory sounds good to me.

Lol I was just thinking about about that yesterday,I think Link just secretly teleports into the future why everybody else carries on for rest of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom