• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Not Yet Played??

L

link mad

Hi:)

I have not played Wind Waker yet,So can someone please tel me what it is like compared to the DS games?

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
By DS game you mean just LoZ well WW is to me a whole lot better than PH and ST. I think really think of reason so I hope spmeone can up with good ones other than "Gameplay was better to me."

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Really, it depends on the person. A lot of people would say they like WW more than either PH or ST, and I think that is true for me as well. The plot of WW is much more intense and interesting than the DS games, and the method of transportation is better than in both (imo). It doesn't have a central dungeon though, so if you were a fan of that, it might be a down side for you.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Wind Waker is much, much more complex than the DS games. You have a tremendously bigger overworld with a lot more dungeons, NPCs, items, etc. It's a lot closer to the other 3D games (Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess). There is a deeper story that hails back to an earlier game from the series.

Basically, it's the same Link and the same Tetra from Phantom Hourglass, but obviously before that. It starts on Link's birthday, but before long he's on an adventure that leads him all over the ocean. He will meet fairies and wind gods, sages and kings, dragons and, well, see for yourself. While it has its weaknesses (there's a particular drag in the second half of the game), it's without a doubt one of the best Gamecube games ever released, and you should find a way to play it.

Soon.

L

Lex

I think it is lots better then the DS games.
There is a lot more to do in WW and the story is much better...
WW is my 2nd favorite zelda game!

L

link mad

Hi

Thanks for the help and advice.
I look forward to getting Wind Waker soon then!:-)

Thanks

M

Mystic Jade

Hi link mad!

I haven't played it yet either as Zelda was new to me with the DS. I am going to go retro now I have discovered these great games though and give the early ones a try so happy playing!

Mystic Jade

Play this game...lol it really is that simple. TWW invokes a real sense of discovery and sheer adventure to the player and though it has its faults (sailing and questionable pacing) it is among the best in the series. Ha, if you've already played PH then you are in for a treat because TWW is a clear step above that game. (sigh) i wish i could have played PH before TWW...

yeah i agree with Consolegames, the wind waker is in a league of it's own. when your sailing across the ocean, and you look at your sae chart and there's nothing on it ahead of oyu, then you see an island pop up on the horizon... oh man. i wish i could play it for the first time again... i loved it so much...

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
Honestly, I'd say that Wind Waker sets the stakes very high for competeing (<-- spelling?) games. It has awesome gameplay, rad (did I just say "rad"?) characters, and one of the best things in the whole entire series! Tingle!!! Yes, that's right, you get an whole entire another game with TINGLE!!! (but you must free him from prison (bad, bad boy!))

Any and all Zelda games are worth trying out, and Wind Waker is no exception. It's really a fantastic game, even if some are hesitant about the graphics. Overall, the game is doesn't present a challenge compared to, say, MM or AoL. But even so, the gameplay is pretty darn fun, and the storyline is so adorable. Compared to the DS games, WW is pretty similar in terms of atmosphere and style. But the gameplay and story are more developed, in my opinion. As they should be - it's a console game! I'd definitely recommend it. Most likely my #1 Zelda game.

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
Wind Waker is an amazing Game!:cool: So if you liked the DS Games you will love this:yes: Its one of the best Zelda games and my 2nd fav;) so I highly recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom