• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

NOT OFFICIAL! Original LoZ Remake

A

Aurafox

I was thinking of ideas for a remake of the origional LoZ. This will probobly NEVER be an official thing, but it wouldn't be too bad of an Idea to exist, after all, they ARE making a remake of OoT. Anyway, first of all, naturally, I would have inhanced Graphics, it would be a 3D game, but not have 3D gameplay. Second, there would be better swordplay. I would make better sword animation, and more systems of attacking (such as the spin attack and Jump attack, and mabye even a pary.). Next I would give some identification of a bombable wall or burnable tree. (Mabye the traditional crak in the wall, and a withered tree?) I would also make some more sidequests other than the letter sidequest to be able to buy medicine. Except they would be the red potion and blue potion and the abilities would be swapped (Red potion would only be able to be used once and the blue potion would be able to be used twice.), one sidequest I was planning was a trading quest where at the end you are rewarded with a free and the ability to buy some new potion that works like the Fairy tears from TP, or the Elixer Soup from WW from the potion shop lady. I was also thinking of a bottle system, there would be two bottles (mabye more) and you would get one from giving the letter to the potion lady and she would reward you with the ability to buy potions as well as giving you a bottle of Red potion. And another Bottle would come from the end of the trading quest. I was also thinking of mabye adding an extra bonus dungeon in the second quest. But the biggest thing of all would be someone actually Directing you to the dungeons! This would be MUCH easier than just expecting you to explore the entire land of Hyrule trying to find the next dungeon! And, I was also thinking of making it so that your a litle more limited as to where you can go at first so that you can't get the white sword, Blue ring, and Five hearts allowing you to completely steamroll the first three dungons!

CUCCOMASTER

..and all things will end
yes all of those would be good. but enhanced graphics would be hard to do. it would come from top view to the view that is used in TP, ST, OoT, etc. i used to have the one for gameboy. i cant find it now....

jack546

The chosen one
hey i just started makeing one it is the story of the master sword and gannondwarfs life from birth to death

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
So for visuals, you're aiming for 2.5D, as seen in games like New Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. However, the big question for visuals is if you would want to aim for the artstyle from Legend of Zelda, perhaps something like Twilight Princess, or (which I would like) similar to Skyward Sword. This would actually make a good DSi game, but I'm not sure about having someone guide you from dungeon to dungeon. Perhaps there can be sidequests that can be done in order to find the entrances to dungeons, similar to Majora's Mask.

The big thing about this, though, is that you want to keep the spirit of the 2D games, which is what New Super Mario Bros. did, even with full polygons. The original titles did not have many secret spots be easily revealed, while in games starting from A Link to the Past, there was always some indication of something being bomb-able in order to find a hidden passage. However, the original Zelda was about discovery and communication (i.e. talking to friends about secrets you found), which encouraged random bombing and burning of walls and trees until they found something. Perhaps they could include more secret passages or things like that. Great idea, but they have to keep to the core of the original game.

A

Aurafox

The thing is, you have VERY limited bombs, and if you are one of those people who aim to 100% games without using guides, your left to bomb every 3 spaces of wall to find all the secrets!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom