• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Not All Links Are Related

masterSword2

Smile!
i have heard a theory that all links are related in some way. some of them might be but some are not. i was recently replaying WW when i reached the part of the game when you get the pearl from Jabun. during the conversation between Jabun and the King of red lions, the king of red lions says The one i have brought with me has no connection to the legendary one. the legendary one being the link from oot and mm. this brings up many questions like are any links related? are just some of them related? and how do the goddesses choose who becomes the hero? i believe that some of the links are related. as for how the goddesses decide who becomes the hero, well only they know.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
For many of the Links, we do not have any proof. However, we do know some facts:
- OoT Link and WW Link are not related
- OoT Link and MM Link are the same
- ALttP Link and LA Link are the same, and OoX Link might also be the same
- OoT Link and TP Link are most likely related
For the 2D titles, we don't have much information on Link relations, but we have a bit more on the 3D titles.
And how the hero is decided is in two ways:
1) When the Triforce splits due to Ganondorf's unequal heart, the ToC finds the person with the most courage in them (like in OoT)
2) Goddesses bless people with characteristics most like the ones of the Triforce pieces in times of crisis (like when Ganondorf and Zant game to power).

As long as I know about the history of the games, the heroes do not necessarily are related. Unlike with Zelda and Ganon, as all the princesses are from the big royal lineage of Hyrule, and Ganon is actually the exact same guy all the time, the Links are completely different people, excluding the already known exceptions (like OoT's and MM's Link being the same).

B

batlleonlol

yah they realy arent related the godess just chose them because she knew with the proper motivation of dodongos burning his back side heal do it

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
It occurs to me that the reason the WW Link would have no relation to any other Link is because that Link didn't continue on that timeline. So there was no family for WW Link to descend from. Not directly, anyway.

Other games have mentioned bloodlines that Link is connected to, however, so there is a possibility that in Worlds/timelines where Link continues after the adventure, he may also bear families that wind up continuing the legend. Even if not all of them are, its possible that not all Links are just spiritual descendants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom