• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild No More Zelda Games for 3DS and Only 1 More for Wii U?

Some questions for you guys. The GBA had 1 zelda game. The DS had 2 Zelda games. The 3DS already has 2. So will A link Between worlds be our last 3DS zelda game? Think about it, that would mean the 3DS wouldn't even get its own 100% original Zelda game. Just a remake and a re-imagining.

Now look at the Wii U Zelda game. The N64 got two zelda games, but only one was originally planned. The GameCube had WW FSA and TP "which the wii also got. The Wii got a port of TP when it launched and SS when it was on its end life cycle. The Wii U has a remake, and spin off, and will be getting one original soon. So will the Wii U only have one original Zelda game and with only one original Zelda game Nintendo would want it to be as perfect as possible. Seeing as they L O V E to delay stuff. it wouldn't be impossible for Nintendo wanting Hyrule Warriors to "hold us over" until 2016 for Zelda Wii U?

Mario gets several new games every year. sucks zelda gets a small end of the stick.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Um, actually, GBA had 2 Zelda games, FS (original version) and MC. DS had 2 games, PH and ST. The 3DS only had 1 game, ALBW.

ALttP Advance, OoT 3D, and FS (anniversary version) don't count cause they are ports/remakes.

Edit: Also to note that Wii U currently has 0 original games (at least until the reveal of Zelda Wii U) due to WW HD being another port/remake and HW being a non-canon parody therefore they don't count.

Last edited:
i forgot FS and I meant the Wii U will have 1 original game. Meaning when it finally comes out. it will possibly be the last zelda game for the system.

it will possibly be the last zelda game for the system

What makes you say that? The Wii U is still young and regardless of all the negative backlash it's getting, there is still enough room to make another Zelda game. Besides aren't you forgetting Hyrule Warriors? Sure it's a Spin-off but it's still a Zelda game for Wii U.

The GBA had two games, ALTTP/FS and MC doesn't mean that it'll be the last proper Zelda game for the wiiu/3ds and Worlds is more of a direct sequel while still being its own game. Besides Zelda is like fine food, it may take time to make but its worth the wait.

I'm sure we'll get another 3DS game, not a big "original" one but a remake or another top-down. And the Wii U still has a lot of years ahead of it, the Wii had 2 games with SS sort of being the swan song of the system.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
The Wii U just got here... so no I don't think there will only be one on the System. I think it'll sorta be like the Wii where it had 2 and maybe even 3 Zelda games on the Wii U. As for the 3DS, they just came out with the 2DS which suggests to me they aren't about to just quit on the 3DS. So I most certainly expect a new Zelda for 3DS. Whether or not it'll be top down or 3rd person view, I haven't a clue. But yeah, don't think Nintendo is closing the door for Zelda on these systems quite yet.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't think the 3ds is going to be replaced by a new console soon so you can expect a new zelda for it at some stage.
With the Wii U which is likley to have a short lifespan unless sales improve perhaps more than one original zelda might not happen. Hopefully with the release of SSB and zelda U we might see the consoles popularity soar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom