• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo RPG

If you've never heard of the game Super Mario RPG, I suggest you take a look at it, it's a rather fun little game that came out at the end of the Super Nintendo's life. It's become one of my favorite games of all time. It's a turn based RPG that also makes you stay at attention to make your attacks critical and your damage minimal. It's worth a try if you like Nintendo and RPGs. It was done with the help of Square at that... (also there's a Link easter egg in the game) shhh, I didn't tell you that ;)

Anyway... to the point of this thread. Suppose you take the RPG idea and combine it with the idea of Super Smash Bros.? Taking the greatest Heroes from Nintendo and putting them into an RPG adventure like Super Mario RPG. I've always thought of the idea and would love to see what Nintendo could do with it if they actually put the effort into making something along these lines. Thoughts? Ideas? any information you want to know about my thoughts and ideas? Post to your utmost content!

That's why I said greatest. Link would obviously be a physical character where Mario would be the basic all arounder. Samus would be the projectile character and Captain Falcon may not even be in it... He just doesn't seem like the main front kind of character as some others like Kirby and Link, but then again... I've never played the F Zero games so I can't say anything.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Captain Falcon could be a supporting character. He is only a racer and all of his moves were created for SSB, not F-Zero.

But seriously, if we could add more characters in like Paula, Jeff, Poo, Kumatora, Dixie Kong, Kiddy Kong and so much more, it would be my favourite game.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Nintendo's RPGs are always really fun. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars is my favorite Mario RPG. The Mario and Luigi RPG series is also very fun (that series has a lot of great humor). My favorite RPG ever created by Nintendo is Earthbound, that game is amazing. I think it would be awesome to have an RPG with all of the characters and themes from different Nintendo games!

I wonder which characters I would use... Link definitely, maybe Mario... but as for a third party member? hmm, I guess it would depend upon how the game played out and how to counterbalance the other two characters to the best ability.

Take Legend of the Dragon for instance. You have the basic all around, but more physical, main character that can't be switched, and a choice of various other stats for characters. I always chose the physical character that was one step below the tank character because I prefer to have some speed in there. And for the other character I chose the character that had both the fastest speed and best magical attributes compared to the other two magic characters who were just kinda so so. The fact that she was so fast meant she could get more hits in by the time the others had attacking chances or in bad situations she could intervene an enemy attacking streak in order to heal.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
I would definetly be Jeff or Poo. Jeff is nerdy and uses guns, crafts broken items that can become very useful, and uses rockets. Meanwhile, Poo is a Samurai who learns all of Paula's PSI abilities, PSI Teleport and PK Starstorm.

Who to choose?

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
That would be the best. Especially if it was an MMORPG that still kept its old-school heritage. That would be epic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom