• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Power and Operation Moonfall

Fig

The Altruist
What's up forum:

I just want to tell what Eiji Aonuma and Nintendo Power have to say about a remake for MM on the 3DS

NP: After playing Ocarina of Time 3D, the next question that comes to mind is: Will we get a Majora's Mask remake next?

EA: Would you like to play such a remake?

NP: Well, yes!

EA: It's been 13 years since Ocarina of Time was originally released, and one of the big things that ade this remake possible was that there was an outpour of emotion from people who said they would like to see this game done. We said we could do it in 3D, so we did. Ithink certainly if there were a similar outpour of emotion and clamor from fans for remake of Majora's Mask, it wouldn't be an utter impossibility. Thinking on it now, having a handheld Majora's Mask where you could kind of just set things down on your own time-close it, set it aside, and come back to it later-might be a gameplay element that some fans will actually take to and might really appreciate. Especially considering how you really had to rush through the original game, in a sense.

If more people continue to sign the petition of Operation Moonfall, there could be a remake of Majora's Mask for the 3DS. Also if you want more infomation on Skyward Sword and the Legend of Zelda series from Nintendo Power. Just send me a friend request.

So what are your opinions in Nintendo Powers discussion with Eiji Aonuma? What gameplay element would you want in MM3DS? What kind of game for Zelda do you want to see in the Wii U? Please comment and I'll see you tomorrow!

Deeds

no text
I'm really hoping for Majora's Mask 3D, because my N64 is slightly broken, so you can barely the picture. Also, where did you find this conversation?

It's from Nintendo Power magazine, I think the August 2011 issue.

MM3DInterview.png

Fig

The Altruist
Yes. It was from the August 2011 issue. Personally, I believe that if Operation Moonfall has enough people supporting a Majora's Mask for the 3DS, then Nintendo will mostly likely create such a game. The only problem I'm concerned for MM3DS is the time they release. If they release it within a year from now, it will still be overshadowed by Ocarina of Time 3D. This happened to the original Majora's Mask being overshadowed by Ocarina of Time for Nintendo 64. If Nintendo can release MM3DS at a better time, then yes, Majora's Mask 3DS will be able to pull it off. I just don't Majora's Mask to be overlooked exactly the same way it was 12 years ago. I love Majora's Mask for it challenging gameplay and quest overall, I just hope Nintendo can release it at a more suitable time for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom