• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Nintendo has Zelda Wii U Footage, But Didn't Show it

Actually.... It has effected stocks... The lack of announcements at e3 has already caused Nintendos stocks to drop by 3%....
I do agree with their presentation though. Some guy used the same footage we have seen from e3, did a days worth of editing, and released it and it was way better than Nintendo's digital event.

A 3% stock decrease isn't cause for alert. Nintendo's stocks rose by over 20% following the announcement of the NX and its partnership with DeNA: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ue_spikes_following_dena_and_nx_announcements. Nintendo is a business, and it has business consultants and management professionals that know the best course of action to interest its investors.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
A 3% stock decrease isn't cause for alert. Nintendo's stocks rose by over 20% following the announcement of the NX and its partnership with DeNA: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ue_spikes_following_dena_and_nx_announcements. Nintendo is a business, and it has business consultants and management professionals that know the best course of action to interest its investors.
True. But think of this.
Fans are what make up most of a companies revenue, especially nowadays with the Wii U.
Nico Nico always does Japanese polls after E3. 52% of the Japanese fanbase thought that Nintendo's E3 was "bad". That's over half of the fanbase. This is also bad news with how ingrained Nico Nico is with Japanese culture. Investors are likely not going to be happy. Just think of what the Americans think as well. Metroid Federation has over 40k dislikes and a petition with over 11,000 people wanting this game to be cancelled. This is repeated in various degrees for Animal Crossing Amiibo festival, Skylanders, and some other titles as well this E3. These games likely aren't going to do well either. Not after this.
Investors would be daft to realize that something went wrong. Especially since Iwata had to officially apologize only after a couples of hours after the event airing. They can say goodbye to Wii U sales too. Very little people will get a system that they know will get replaced in only about a year and a half. Miyamoto even had to explicitly confirm that Zelda Wii U is still coming to wii u!

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
how do you know it was moved to the NX

This:

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/18/reggie-explains-why-nintendo-didnt-show-zelda-wii-u-at-e3-2015/

Reggie Fils-Aime: We just fundamentally don’t believe in showing content at E3 that is going to be a long term proposition

Reggie Fils-Aime: We like to show content that typically will launch in the upcoming Holiday and maybe extending into the first half of the following year. And at this point, the new Zelda for Wii U is not a 2015 project.

Although, My Nintendo News, for some reason, seems think Zelda U will release next year. I doubt it. Especially after hearing Reggie's words suggesting that Zelda U will may not release until at least 2017, since from what I've been gathering so far, seems to only support my predictions for fate and result of Zelda U. And that is, like I said, the game won't be released until Holiday 2017 at the earliest. So, by the time they show the game off again, it'll be E3 2016 and they will by then, have even newer footage to show anyways. So they might as well throw the footage that they have out the window since they're never going to use it anyways as it will be replaced with newer footage anyways since they're never going the game again this year anyways.

With E3 this year so far, lacking Wii U titles, and the constant mentioning of the NX, Nintendo is pretty much telling us that they're pretty much done with the Wii U. So thus, making next year, probably the Wii U's last year of lifespan. And thus, also making Zelda U into Zelda NX. I feel like that's the only real reason why they're delaying Zelda U (Now, safely assumed Zelda NX) in the first place, because the game was going to be already too big for the Wii U anyways, so instead of watering it down, they decided to add to the experience to prepare it for NX, seeing the potential it has.

So basically, Nintendo is saying that their new console Zelda is going to be too cool for Wii U.

Besides, the Wii U is already pretty much dead now anyways.

Zelda isn't a system seller anymore. Sadly, the franchise's sales have been on decline for some time now. The lack of this announcement won't destroy Nintendo's stocks. Yes, it was a bummer to hear that we would get no Zelda news back in March, but I know the final product will be fantastic. I can wait.

I do think Nintendo could have been more transparent in its communication, however. I saw quite a few people on other gaming sites saying the delay of Zelda Wii U could mean Nintendo has a jam packed E3. Then, the announcement of a separate Smash direct and a few game showcases at the Nintendo World Championships further cemented this belief.

It's funny because I think if Nintendo said a few months before that this wouldn't be its biggest E3, as it prepares for the launch of the NX, a few weeks beforehand and showed the Smash DLC, Earthbound Beginnings, and Federation Force (dropping the Metroid name completely) as part of the Digital Event, most people would be satisfied.

Zelda isn't a system seller cause:

1) They refuse to make Zelda more appealing to hardcore audiences. :vaati:

2) They keep reusing the same traditional narratives over and over again. Link and Zelda vs Ganon and ZeLink. :dry:

3) HH and it's flaws in the timeline. :ezlo:

4) Their constant degrading of Link and Dark Link. :anger3d:

5) The fact that there's no actual English voice acting dialogue in any of the main series games. :fi:

6) They keep trying to mostly focus on making the series appeal mostly to kids (which is annoying). :cucco:

So basically the franchise is dying because Nintendo keeps focusing on appealing to their kids fanbase rather than their hardcore fanbase. In order for them to heal the damage they've caused to their series, they need to start appealing more to their hardcore fanbase. It's time they yet again, do what they did with TP and move up a rating to help pull and bring their hardcore audience back together again. :ghirahim:

One thing I hope for the New console Zelda, is for the game to be the next darkest game in the franchise. Even darker than MM and TP. :stalfos:

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
This:

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/18/reggie-explains-why-nintendo-didnt-show-zelda-wii-u-at-e3-2015/

Although, My Nintendo News, for some reason, seems think Zelda U will release next year. I doubt it. Especially after hearing Reggie's words suggesting that Zelda U will may not release until at least 2017, since from what I've been gathering so far, seems to only support my predictions for fate and result of Zelda U. And that is, like I said, the game won't be released until Holiday 2017 at the earliest. So, by the time they show the game off again, it'll be E3 2016 and they will by then, have even newer footage to show anyways. So they might as well throw the footage that they have out the window since they're never going to use it anyways as it will be replaced with newer footage anyways since they're never going the game again this year anyways.

With E3 this year so far, lacking Wii U titles, and the constant mentioning of the NX, Nintendo is pretty much telling us that they're pretty much done with the Wii U. So thus, making next year, probably the Wii U's last year of lifespan. And thus, also making Zelda U into Zelda NX. I feel like that's the only real reason why they're delaying Zelda U (Now, safely assumed Zelda NX) in the first place, because the game was going to be already too big for the Wii U anyways, so instead of watering it down, they decided to add to the experience to prepare it for NX, seeing the potential it has.

So basically, Nintendo is saying that their new console Zelda is going to be too cool for Wii U.

Besides, the Wii U is already pretty much dead now anyways.

Zelda isn't a system seller cause:

1) They refuse to make Zelda more appealing to hardcore audiences. :vaati:

2) They keep reusing the same traditional narratives over and over again. Link and Zelda vs Ganon and ZeLink. :dry:

3) HH and it's flaws in the timeline. :ezlo:

4) Their constant degrading of Link and Dark Link. :anger3d:

5) The fact that there's no actual English voice acting dialogue in any of the main series games. :fi:

6) They keep trying to mostly focus on making the series appeal mostly to kids (which is annoying). :cucco:

So basically the franchise is dying because Nintendo keeps focusing on appealing to their kids fanbase rather than their hardcore fanbase. In order for them to heal the damage they've caused to their series, they need to start appealing more to their hardcore fanbase. It's time they yet again, do what they did with TP and move up a rating to help pull and bring their hardcore audience back together again. :ghirahim:

One thing I hope for the New console Zelda, is for the game to be the next darkest game in the franchise. Even darker than MM and TP. :stalfos:
Nintendo will release Zelda Wii U for the wii u, remember NX will have different games. As Nintendo will have games for that system.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'm thinking that Zelda U will be similar to TP, in that it'll be released on the tail end of the Wii U, being released for both Wii U and NX at the same time. What with them seemingly trying to rush out of Wii U and to the NX, they may as well make the games planned for long-term on the Wii U for both so it'll actually sell, and also not make them liars.

VitaTempusN92

Nintendo will release Zelda Wii U for the wii u, remember NX will have different games. As Nintendo will have games for that system.

I'm thinking that Zelda U will be similar to TP, in that it'll be released on the tail end of the Wii U, being released for both Wii U and NX at the same time. What with them seemingly trying to rush out of Wii U and to the NX, they may as well make the games planned for long-term on the Wii U for both so it'll actually sell, and also not make them liars.

Zelda Wii U NX will not be released for Wii U in 2016, the game is being enhanced for the NX. Since the NX is likely to not release until 2017, this means that the new console Zelda won't release until then either. How many times do I have to explain this people before they finally get the memo? :anger3d:

Last edited:

VitaTempusN92

I believe the game will be released by late next year, like I've orginally stated from day 1.

The problem is that the NX won't come until 2017 and if the new console Zelda is going to be for the NX (which it will), then that would mean the game won't release until at least holiday 2017 either. So because the chances of the new console Zelda moving onto the NX are so high, this makes the chances of the game coming out next year very low.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
The problem is that the NX won't come until 2017 and if the new console Zelda is going to be for the NX (which it will), then that would mean the game won't release until at least holiday 2017 either. So because the chances of the new console Zelda moving onto the NX are so high, this makes the chances of the game coming out next year very low.
Unless they release Zelda Wii U in 2016, and then release the DEFINITIVE version of Zelda Wii U on NX in 2017.
It is CONFIRMED that Zelda Wii U, will still be on Wii U on the very least. It isn't going to be NX exclusive.

VitaTempusN92

Unless they release Zelda Wii U in 2016, and then release the DEFINITIVE version of Zelda Wii U on NX in 2017.
It is CONFIRMED that Zelda Wii U, will still be on Wii U on the very least. It isn't going to be NX exclusive.

If that's case then, if the game is coming for NX at all, then we'll still have to wait until 2017 for both versions. They wouldn't release the definitive version of the new console Zelda after the watered down version.

The Wii version of TP came out before the Gamcube version. So I can definitely see the same happening with Zelda U/NX (If the game is even coming for Wii U or NX at all). So we would still have to wait until whenever the NX launches (Holiday 2017 most likely) anyways.

And by then, the Wii U would be outdated. So that's I said that in the reality of our future the chances of the game coming for Wii U are very low.

I know Nintendo keeps promising that the game will still be on the Wii U, but keep in mind that they did that last year when they kept promising the game will release this year. That, and the fact that they hardly focused on much for Wii U at this year's E3, where instead, they mostly talked about amiibo, 3DS games and the NX. Not to mention that during the digital event, they very vaguely and barely even mentioned the Wii U namesake wise at all.

Nintendo's actions are pretty much telling us that they're done with the Wii U and that this year and next year will be last of the Wii U's lifespan. And actions speak louder than words.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I don't see what the big deal is. Nintendo had already let the fans know at least two months in advance that there wouldn't be any Zelda U content featured at E3. After the nonstop advertising debacle that was Skyward Sword, I'm glad that they're really pacing themselves; it shows gentle caution so as to not overhype and/or spoil everything again. Knowing literally every single aspect about Skyward Sword before ever getting the game ruined part of the immersion for me, and many other members I know of on here.

And sure, E3 on Nintendo's behalf was definitely lackluster (with notable exceptions), but Zelda U's presence being a saving grace is almost dubious. It's already been confirmed that the game isn't coming out this year, so there isn't much of a point measuring it up against the rest of E3's "top dogs" (M$ and Sony presentations included). The Wii U has at least two big names releasing by the holiday season. Let Zelda U have its glory next year, premature footage available or not.

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff

How can we make such an assumption though?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
We can't, we can only make predictions. So far we know 2016 is a realistic target. However, there is the possibility of it being pushed back to 2017 for the NX.

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
There is no proof Zelda U won't happen or that the NX will be released in 2017. Most likely 2018 based on Nintendo's console history. It would also be ridiculous for them to have a system with no main series Zelda on it. My best guess is that Zelda Wii U will indeed be released in 2016 as promised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom