• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Classic Mini

I hadn't considered that as a selling point, but you are right. I almost want to take back what I said before about this not being for us. It might be worth it for the controller.

Actually I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't come out with an NES controller for the modern consoles - or at least an enterprising 3rd party.
There IS a 3rd party USB adaptor that lets you plug in an original NES controller (if you have one) to a PC to play NES games on an emulator. That's the closest I've seen to the real deal, but you're right, a NES controller that connects directly to the Wii U would be ideal. And that's exactly what the controller packaged with the NES Classic will do! Supposedly you can plug it into a wiimote and use it with any virtual console NES game on your Wii U.

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
I love the NES mini <3 I'm gonna introduce my lil' girl properly to gaming via this!

I'll be picking up one on launch. it makes it easy for home tv gaming and streaming will be easy with an HDMI capture card. Plus it will be nice to have nintendo's official answer to the ROM market. I hope they drop a SNES mini next year with secret of mana...

I thought I would like this but I decided against it as yes you get 30 games but you can't add to it.
I also am annoyed they don't have all the games in a series. Startropics but not #2.
Not all the mega men?

Pass for me because of that.

I thought I would like this but I decided against it as yes you get 30 games but you can't add to it.
I also am annoyed they don't have all the games in a series. Startropics but not #2.
Not all the mega men?

Pass for me because of that.

Ya, but i guarantee this will get hacked. And since there is not online support... NO PATCH.

Ya, but i guarantee this will get hacked. And since there is not online support... NO PATCH.
But, if there isn't any online capabilities and the only ways to connect are HDMI and the controller plug ins then how will it get hacked. Oh I guess I forgot that it charges with a USB but can the USB do anything besides charge it??

But, if there isn't any online capabilities and the only ways to connect are HDMI and the controller plug ins then how will it get hacked. Oh I guess I forgot that it charges with a USB but can the USB do anything besides charge it??

So you can still manually patch into boards. There is somewhere that data is saved and read from.

Djinn

and Tonic
I still use my very non licensed third party "Pro Duo" which is a Chinese knockoff with a NES slot and SNES slot on it. ...they made one later on with a third N64 slot but I never got one of those.

But I'm not crazy about the limited number of pre loaded games, it needs some method of loading different games on it. If you could just load up eshop games to it that would be interesting. Totally redundant in every way, but interesting.

MW7

Did anyone actually find a console? I've read that Nintendo purposefully released a tiny amount of them in order to ramp up demand for post-Thanksgiving shopping. I haven't found a place that isn't sold out right now. I'd love to find one.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Did anyone actually find a console? I've read that Nintendo purposefully released a tiny amount of them in order to ramp up demand for post-Thanksgiving shopping. I haven't found a place that isn't sold out right now. I'd love to find one.

Try your local scalper on eBay, from what I've heard :-\

Mido

Version 1
Try your local scalper on eBay, from what I've heard :-\

I've seen some prices ranging in the 300s in terms of the dollar, so it seems to be a rough playing field for those who don't want to wait until the next production cycle. It's unfortunate, but I suppose there isn't much we can do for now!

I recall hearing that some stores that ordered a certain number to fill stock were only able to receive minimal consoles due to the situation.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Once again, Nintendo at it again with their absolutely GARBAGE supply. Everyone sold out for no reason except that Nintendo is ****en ********. here's a 30 games holding, unexpandable, 2.5ft cable havin piece of ****e that we won't actually supply! Don't forget to buy for the Holidays XD

Morons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom