• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Zelda Game Basic Plot Idea

this is all i need to say, Ganondorf comes across the happy mask salesman and kills him for Majora's Mask, thoughts?

That sounds like a terrible fan fiction plot.

why? it's the master of all evil with a powerful mask, yea it would leave a plothole but it can be one of those what if games, a lot of game companies have been doing that kind of thing for years Capcom's currently doing it with Dead Rising

It doesn't seem like a very good idea to me. It definitely sounds like fan fiction, and what I mean by that is that unlike a normal, well thought-out storyline, it basically takes two elements of the series that people consider cool and puts them together. That is not automatically good, it just seems cool. In practice, it would not be functional as a story, not when presented like that anyway.

And one particular problem in this case is that it would have to completely overwrite the current story of Majora's Mask. After MM, the mask has no power at all, so Ganondorf wouldn't gain anything (as JJ already mentioned). Thus the only way it would make sense is to rewrite the existing MM storyline, or to have some kind of alternate universe. The first idea is bad because MM's storyline is fine (maybe even perfect; certainly one of the series' best), and the second is bad because it falls under the category of just doing something because it's cool, not because it's a good story.

why? it's the master of all evil with a powerful mask, yea it would leave a plothole but it can be one of those what if games, a lot of game companies have been doing that kind of thing for years Capcom's currently doing it with Dead Rising
Regardless, plot holes are not good things and they should not be ignored. Just because a successful game has them doesn't mean that having them isn't one of the game's negative qualities, because it is. There's little excuse for it, especially when amazing (and cool) stories can still be told with good storytelling and without plot holes. Yeah, the alternate universe idea could be interesting, but I've already detailed why doing it just for the sake of having one is a bad idea.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom